9 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Sky King flies again! Super shots Jack!

Greg

Thanks Greg!

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Rush and I approve of your shots and the song . ;):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

I knew you'd get it John!  My City Was Gone by Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders.  One of my favorite songs! 

8 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots, Jack!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super screen shots Jack and a  yellow and white plane very nice aircraft regards stewart

That's Stewart, yep, happiness.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice to see the MV 310 back in action once again Jack, super shots! :)

Thanks Adam, it's a nice plane.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks as always Iain.

3 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Another nice set of shots Jack.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Splendid series Jack and even though the scenery is as flat as a witches t*t it is still highly interesting.

Just about to give my 310 the first flight for a long time.

Thanks Martyn, I was hiking yesterday and listening to music and I heard Chrissie Hynde sing "From Seneca To Cuyahoga Falls and thought my next several sets will be based on songs like this one.  This is of course Ohio and that's what the song is about.

Fantastic shots - I was just a bit young to see "Sky King".

You're even flying over yellow scenery on the GTNs - now that's color coordination!

Reminds me of another band from Akron, Ohio, who sang: "What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O!"

2 minutes ago, scubaboy said:

Fantastic shots - I was just a bit young to see "Sky King".

You're even flying over yellow scenery on the GTNs - now that's color coordination!

Reminds me of another band from Akron, Ohio, who sang: "What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O!"

Thanks scubaboy, but I've never heard of Sky King.  And who was the artist of that song you mentioned?

Yellow on the GTN means you're getting close to land.  I love this little device, I'd buy a real one if I had a real plane.  When you hit 1000 ft it turns to "normal" colors".

"Sky King" was a TV show in the late 50s, they flew Cessna T50s and 310s - with that actual "Songbird" livery you have on your 310.

The song I quoted was from "Jocko Homo" by DEVO (referencing the human genus) - I guess it's a line from a song originally written in the 20s or 30s for Broadway, and it's sung by the Ohio State marching band, too.

Ya, I know about the GTNs, so glad the GTN Complete package just came out, the one add-on I can't live without. Just can't go back to older GPS after using GTNs!

6 minutes ago, scubaboy said:

"Sky King" was a TV show in the late 50s, they flew Cessna T50s and 310s - with that actual "Songbird" livery you have on your 310.

The song I quoted was from "Jocko Homo" by DEVO (referencing the human genus) - I guess it's a line from a song originally written in the 20s or 30s for Broadway, and it's sung by the Ohio State marching band, too.

Ya, I know about the GTNs, so glad the GTN Complete package just came out, the one add-on I can't live without. Just can't go back to older GPS after using GTNs!

That's cool to know about Sky King and this livery, never knew that thanks.  DEVO, man I remember them well from the 80's, had all their albums.  Gosh, that brings back memories.

Right, the GTN has spoiled me, wish my car had one.

Archived