You can teach an Old Dog new Tricks

BradB

After some very encouraging comments from Nick C about this aircraft , I pulled the trigger and purchased it last night . After some trail and error and figuring out the Gust Lock removal , I was off flying over the Florida panhandle dodging T-Storms . Thanks again Nick !! .

2017-7-22_22-46-17-64.jpg

2017-7-22_22-46-32-155.jpg

2017-7-22_22-46-47-531.jpg

2017-7-22_22-48-17-787.jpg

2017-7-22_22-49-45-487.jpg

Have a great week mates !! .

Cheers

John

After discharge at McChord Field, I rode one of these from SeaTac to Stapleton - stopped at Portland, Pendleton, Boise, Salt Lake and finally Denver.  They ran out of barf bags - what a ride.  How many crew do you have and can you sluff off the 'busy-busy' stuff to them?

Amazing John.  Maybe someday for me, I like it and how study level it is but I have enough already.  Besides, these old birds don't have avionics and I'm an avionics nut as it was my job for so long.  With the Connie I always fly with the guys doing most of the work.  It looks like PMDG did a similar thing.  

How's the navigation gear?  Can you put a GPS in it?  Or is it VOR to VOR and ADF?  These flight call for real wold maps to be sure.  But sometimes I like that.

Maybe someday I'll buy it after the 777.

By the way, that last shot in the clouds looks awesome, is that a cumulonimbus forming behind you?

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing John.  Maybe someday for me, I like it and how study level it is but I have enough already.  Besides, these old birds don't have avionics and I'm an avionics nut as it was my job for so long.  With the Connie I always fly with the guys doing most of the work.  It looks like PMDG did a similar thing.  

How's the navigation gear?  Can you put a GPS in it?  Or is it VOR to VOR and ADF?  These flight call for real wold maps to be sure.  But sometimes I like that.

Maybe someday I'll buy it after the 777.

By the way, that last shot in the clouds looks awesome, is that a cumulonimbus forming behind you?

Hey Jack : here are two shots regarding the NAV gear :

2017-7-24_7-38-43-458.jpg

2017-7-24_7-40-0-58.jpg

And yes that was a mean CB that I avoided . :angry::D

Cheers

John

Archived