A couple of Hawker Heroes

Adam Banks

Adam

I like the ground in both shots.

Clouds in the 2nd shot not so sure about.

Clouds are of course a very personal thing, but I feel they have a bit too much structure/'texture'.

I prefer 'ethereal' clouds, but don't ask me to define that.:)

TTM

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sweet Adam!  I LOVE that little biplane in yellow, of course but no wonder Orbx brough you on board, the second one's scenery is outstanding, not a bad plane either!  your PTA keeps getting better and better.

Thanks, Jack - still very much work in progress!

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Clouds in the 2nd shot not so sure about.

Clouds are of course a very personal thing, but I feel they have a bit too much structure/'texture'.

I prefer 'ethereal' clouds, but don't ask me to define that.:)

i know exactly what you mean - and, I agree, those 2nd shot clouds are a little hard-edge. I'm using the [relatively] ancient FEX, which tends to go that way. I've yet to decide which of the competing textures system to plump for when they're P3Dv4-compatible.

1 minute ago, ruudmeij said:

They are looking good Adam perhaps a little light but that is personal taste.

Ruud - I'm glad you said that, as I also find them a little weak/insipid. My problem is that P3D greatly exaggerates the onset of darkness at both ends of the day and (I'm finding it difficult to get balanced lighting throughout most of the day without bleaching out totally around mid-day. Same deal for cloudy conditions. Anything over 1/3 cloud cover makes the *whole* landscape too drab. It's quite a juggling act.

Adam.

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sweet Adam!  I LOVE that little biplane in yellow, of course but no wonder Orbx brough you on board, the second one's scenery is outstanding, not a bad plane either!  your PTA keeps getting better and better.

+1 - :):):)

John

Archived