Traffic patrol above Atlanta

This is a PTA preset with AS4, ASCA, and the preset is from some guy named CptVince on YT.  So I tried his preset and I like it.  Soon with JJ's help, I'll be adding ENVTEX.

But this is Orbx Global - NA L/C - Trees - P3Dv4 

I never have cars on so I wanted to test FPS so I set them to 100%!  And even at that setting it's still not like Atlanta during the day, triple the cars and it would be more realistic.  But it was fun to see all the vehicles because I never ever do this.

First, over KATL, the clouds, sky and haze look really nice.

sKkQ9l2.jpg

Now for the traffic patrol, it was fun to see the cute cars driving along.

ebs3MYK.jpg

This is I-85 and 285

lcbE4F4.jpg

0gBUWE5.jpg

I-285 heading South to the airport

xEpFFmO.jpg

GdPQ65d.jpg

The south Atlanta version of "spaghetti junction"

xpziYqO.jpg

AyOn8SC.jpg

bVef3h2.jpg

DXPfEEG.jpg

Over downtown again

mUCSbKr.jpg

geSfq6E.jpg

There's spaghetti junction

jZtIpeH.jpg

Back to Hartsfield

kq8LtnB.jpg

Nice one's jack. Maybe the traffic reflected a lazy Sunday afternoon as far as density goes. I use road traffic all the time and really don't see much of an impact in v4 as I did in v3. Same situation with ships and boats.

I just want to add that I wish there was a Slower Traffic mod that worked worldwide. I have tried the one Orbx did and also changed the xml to make traffic slower, but it only seems to work in certain areas. I sometimes see the slowed traffic and in other places they are racing through city centres at 100 mph.

7 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Nice one's jack. Maybe the traffic reflected a lazy Sunday afternoon as far as density goes. I use road traffic all the time and really don't see much of an impact in v4 as I did in v3. Same situation with ships and boats.

I just want to add that I wish there was a Slower Traffic mod that worked worldwide. I have tried the one Orbx did and also changed the xml to make traffic slower, but it only seems to work in certain areas. I sometimes see the slowed traffic and in other places they are racing through city centres at 100 mph.

Thanks JJ, I think I'll keep it on but at a lower setting, it adds depth to an otherwise empty world as I don't have an AI traffic program yet.  I noticed that too, sometimes they zip around like they're trying to out run a cop.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

6 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

A nice set of shots Jack.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud.

5 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack, thank for very nice shots from Atlanta.

Best regards

Karoly

Thanks Karoly, appreciate it.

5 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Super shots Jack, and looking at the way some of those

cars are driving I would rather be where you are my friend.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, you should see the way they drive here.  Everyday there's several deaths on these roads because they drive recklessly.

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice shots Jack plenty of trucks in the screen shots and no upside down Jack you are slipping up regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I saw all those trucks and thought of you!  No upside down, can't do it too often. :D

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice pics Jack.

Kev

Thanks Kev!

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Looks nice these Jack!

Thank you Dolf!

3 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi jack

a lot of Ants traffic on roads 

Patrick

There sure is, sometimes it takes me 3 hours to go 30 miles with all the wrecks and traffic tie ups.

A really nice set Jack and yes you are correct about the traffic.  That's why every time I was heading North from Pensacola I would go through Atlanta about 2-3 A.M. to avoid spending half my travel day in Atlanta.  The traffic there is horrible and this coming from someone who grew up in between two major cities (Washington D.C. and Baltimore).

6 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

A really nice set Jack and yes you are correct about the traffic.  That's why every time I was heading North from Pensacola I would go through Atlanta about 2-3 A.M. to avoid spending half my travel day in Atlanta.  The traffic there is horrible and this coming from someone who grew up in between two major cities (Washington D.C. and Baltimore).

I gotta deal with it almost daily.  It's horrid with all these reckless drivers causing so many wrecks and trying up the highways.  Some have nine to ten lanes and it's still bumper to bumper.  Good plan to drive through in the wee hours, you're right, it's pretty sedate and fast then.

39 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Never seen that much traffic in FS, thanks for showing Jack!

Thanks Erik, I haven't either.  In 3.4 I probably would have OOM'd.

34 minutes ago, mikee said:

Very Nice Shots Jack !

Thanks Mikee!

Archived