End of the line..

tennyson

I've just completed a 26 leg tour of the US and Canada, starting in the Bahamas and ending in Anchorage, Alaska, in my cockpit.

That's a lot of hours of flying and I gotta say, I am so impressed. For many years, I was blown away by the incredible Australian scenery by ORBX, but never ventured much past NZ or Tassie.

The textures and sights of the US and Canada were breathtaking. My last flight today, ending at Anchorage was beautiful. The sun was trying to peep through a hazy sky and the shimmer on the water as we crossed and entered finals, was amazing.

I videoed it, the last two minutes after touch down are missing, but the take-off and climb, landing are all there, so I'll get to and edit it up and throw it up for all to see, later tonight.

I spent a lot of time, sharing the cockpit with great friends and watching their reactions to the amazing sights and sounds of P3D and ORBX sceneries.

Anyway, it's now time for some well earned rest for the sim. I have a month of mechanical and software maintenance, before embarking on the next Tour, Asia and Europe.

There is an outside chance that I may be able to set up P3D V4 in the cockpit for the next Tour, but it's dependant on some very important software, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.

So, Thanx to John and the ORBX Team for providing me and my friends with a few months of intense training and fun and looking forward to the next chapter in the sim,

Frank 

Wow - dedicated fun... I can only find time to hop in tool about and then plop down...daily, I suppose I could save flights and plan legs... but I'll leave that to the pro's - enjoy your rest and updates/upgrades. P3Dv4 is very worth it. 

Frank and friends.

This is how I feel too about the program, absolutely 'awesome' to use the younger generations description.  So glad everyone loved it.  Frank I hope you don't mind me saying this, but wait until you fly AFS2, mind blowing it really is.

I hope you gave Emirates Team New Zealand an extra blow of wind as you flew over Bermuda:).

Great to read someone else wowed with it, good on you.

Regards,

JimNZ

Thanx for the comments, Gents.

It was always my intention to share my work with others and the sim has gained a bit of notoriety over seas. I've had two visitors, now, one from Canada and one from Central America.....whoops, almost forgot one of my best mates, Richard, from New Zealand, who I helped in the construction of his cockpit, as well. He's been over from NZ a few times for a fly.

It really is a joy to share something that you are passionate about, with family and friends. The look on some of their faces when they see it and more importantly, when it all starts up and gets in the air....truly priceless!

And Jim, I'll not be flying with AFS2, I bought it, checked it out and it's not for me. With the advent of V4, my path is set and my mission now is to port everything over to that. It was made for cockpits and works with all of the hardware, so I see no need for anything else.

So, I'll be getting the overalls on tomorrow and start ripping bits out of the sim for some upgrades. I'll be attaching my butt-kickers to my seats and all sorts of other goodies,

Frank

Frank, good to hear you had such an enjoyable trip around the US with your sim, glad it's paying dividends for you after all the many man hours of blood, sweat and tears!

I get to Brisbane a couple of times a year on business, so who knows, maybe I'll get the chance one day to have a close up look :)

Cheers

Jack

Thanks Frank :)

I'm actually going to be there in about 2 weeks time, but I'm only there for a day so won't make it this trip. But I hope to be back again some time around November, will let you know well in advance.

Cheers

Jack

Well, the upgrades have begun. The entire roof lining is out, seats are out and the aft overhead has been removed. I discovered that I didn't put enough quick disconnect fittings in the aft overhead electrics, so I'll be doing that tomorrow and then moving on to the seats, next.

It's going to be a very busy couple of weeks ahead, that's for sure.

Frank

Archived