openLC South America enthusiast thread

Hi guys!

I want to share some photos taken 1 hour ago:

97221df0-0180-4b3a-91ac-412638273158.jpg

569c85f0-baf2-46fb-acc8-bede05bb22fb.jpg

The place is Iguzú Falls, on the border of Argentina and Brazil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls

The shots are from Aerolineas Argentinas flight 1720, from Buenos Aires (AEP) to Puerto Iguazú (IGR) on a 737 Next Gen mat. LV-CTB.

IGR is an awesome airport near the falls, on the middle of the jungle: https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Puerto+Iguazú,+Misiónes/@-25.735295,-54.4806756,4586m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x94f6923af74e96dd:0xb4b8eeda942aae07!8m2!3d-25.5971635!4d-54.578599

Some days ago we was talking about the Fitz Roy on the Patagonia. This is just the other extreme of Argentina, an awesome jungle with hot temperatures all the year.

I'm really expecting a nice work from ORBX on the South America region.

Oh, yes! I cannot wait any longer!

Looking forward to fly from Comodoro Rivadavia to Neuquen over the vast Patagonian high plateau which resembles Mars from above (and no airstrips enroute to put the plane down for any emergencies). I simply cannot wait.

Any and all...  ;-)  I'm looking forward to flying heavy freighters into high altitude places like Bogota, Addis and Jo'burg, not to mention old colonial routes through east Africa in Strats, Connies and DC-6Bs, and short haul heavies throughout Asia.  Low and slow can stay in the regions.

46 minutes ago, Mickel said:

Any and all...  ;-)  I'm looking forward to flying heavy freighters into high altitude places like Bogota, Addis and Jo'burg, not to mention old colonial routes through east Africa in Strats, Connies and DC-6Bs, and short haul heavies throughout Asia.  Low and slow can stay in the regions.

With our 2020 Wireless Virtual Reality Super HD Headsets.

Fantastic shots, Rodrigo. The pilot has treated you well!

Indeed we all can look forward to the upcoming extensions of open_LC, and with a good number of locals here in the forum, we will get lots of hints to special attractions to be hopefully considered by the orbx team. Fingers are crossed!

Yeah, looking forward to seeing the diversity of landscapes in South America, OpenLC style.

Also, I think the gap in quality between OpenLC and competing landclass products is bigger in South America (and Africa and Oceania) than Europe and NA.

Spoiler

Well I decided to fly to Salto Ángel (Angel Falls) in Venezuela in the sim and I have to say it was the biggest let down.

It wasn't even in the sim.How could such a famous landmark be totally missing.

I really am hoping places like this will be added in the South American LC.As well as dedicated Add On content like an updated FSX/P3D Aeropuerto Canaima SVCN that is close to this falls.An Add on with animated falls would be nice.

Flying_over_Angel_Falls.jpg

On 2017-6-13 at 9:28 AM, aero-3fsx said:

On a positive note how about renaming this thread "excitement" instead of "anxiety"

You know SA LC will be released when OrbX are ready and when it is up the outstanding quality they always provide

Seems like a good change. But I think that I can't rename the thread.

In Spanish colloquial language is normal to use "anxiety" (ansiedad) as a "excitement" (excitación), giving to "anxiety" a connotation more related with the concept of desire/wish/impatience than the literal sense of "nervous anxiety".

In forums I use my "super fast English", that's is basically write without overthink in some details, and sometimes I inadvertently abuse of latin semantics. I sorry for that, but works for me.

6 hours ago, Rodrigo Bravo said:

Seems like a good change. But I think that I can't rename the thread.

Ask one of the admin to change the name

The fact remains that the heading to a native English speaker has a negative connotation

Several months ago I offered to help 100% for free (I don't want nothing) with some important data and exact localization of several key places o key points, taking in consideration all the variables that can manage openLC in comparison with the more detailed regions. I talked a little with Maurizio on that moment... South America is a really diverse and giant area to cover.

On 2017-6-11 at 8:17 AM, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots, Rodrigo. The pilot has treated you well!

Indeed we all can look forward to the upcoming extensions of open_LC, and with a good number of locals here in the forum, we will get lots of hints to special attractions to be hopefully considered by the orbx team. Fingers are crossed!

The IGR / SARI airport is so close to the falls that the pilot was only doing the normal approximation!

Maybe you don't realize that the airport is on the two shots in the first post!

igr-airport-landing.jpg

https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Puerto+Iguazú,+Misiónes/@-25.735295,-54.4806756,4586m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x94f6923af74e96dd:0xb4b8eeda942aae07!8m2!3d-25.5971635!4d-54.578599

You can see how near the falls (Las Cataratás del Iguazú on the satellite photo) here:

2017-06-21 16_44_45-Puerto Iguazú - Google Maps.png 

We hope to release this month or early July. Beta testing is proving to show very positive results down to Village level. You will enjoy the amazing new textures we have in the product!

In the meantime, how about if our South American customers start a topic of the nicest places to visit in openLC SA?

9 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We hope to release this month or early July. Beta testing is proving to show very positive results down to Village level. You will enjoy the amazing new textures we have in the product!

In the meantime, how about if our South American customers start a topic of the nicest places to visit in openLC SA?

Thanks John. Is great to see how you always are here with us.

I think that openLC will be great, but for have the coin of detailed areas that some people are expecting, you must create "regions".

As a customers we need to remember always the difference between the openLC and a "region" and don't have unrealistic expectations.

I think that you can develop 5-6 regions in the next years and all will be best-sellers. Regions as a "Patagonic Ices", "Peruvian/Bolivian Altiplano Mountains" or "Amazon Rainforest" really will have a lot of demand.

Aconcagua in Argentina/Chile border.

Highest peak outside of Asia.

I much prefer the high detail areas.Simple things like  Israels Farm or Walter Sutton but a South American version.

Bush strips with Amazonian locals walking around.Not westerners as in our normal add ons.Keep those for the bigger city airports.

How about some  locals in canoes in the rivers.Little details like this mean more to me than a huge San Fran Airport.

Bring those rivers alive with AI.

Need a new play ground while waiting for all my airports to be V4 converted.

22 hours ago, Rodrigo Bravo said:

The IGR / SARI airport is so close to the falls that the pilot was only doing the normal approximation!

Maybe you don't realize that the airport is on the two shots in the first post!

Oh, I guessed this already from your shots, being a trained & orbified bushpilot... ;)

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

That is a fantastic suggestion, JV. It will surely open the possibilities of our great community to add special features of beloved places into OpenLC. I hope for success!

Archived