v3.4 Valdez to PACV but a problem

My next leg in FSE was to fly from Valdez to PACV, Cordova.  So I took off and in one close up you can see some strange artifacts on the side of the mountain, it was all over this part of the mountain and nowhere else.  Never seen this before and I was wondering if I might have a problem.  Haven't changed anything in 3.4 at all.

U9PfMP8.jpg

Nn6Rtql.jpg

See what I mean?  Anyone else ever see this?  This is right after departing Valdez, to the right of the airport, beyond the water.

iXwNBUd.jpg

W2k8qiR.jpg

k2JHjT6.jpg

IcARzRL.jpg

zEz74dL.jpg

Ph4eI5A.jpg

mt9y5vx.jpg

BUgF50Q.jpg

2DBFTo5.jpg

This time I had Stewart's HDR settings.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

See what I mean?  Anyone else ever see this?

Is it still there if you go back?... the only time I've seen similar, is when there is a major problem, and then the textures are mucked-up everywhere and not just in one small patch. If it is still there, you could try deleting the shader cache and see if that fixes it.

Nice shots though Jack.

9 hours ago, fly37 said:

Great!

Thanks again Gianni!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Probably from ancient aliens I suppose. :D  Marvelous set Jack! :)

Ancient aliens! :lol:  I thought I saw some foo fighters in the area! :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent series Jack!

Thank you Paul.

2 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Is it still there if you go back?... the only time I've seen similar, is when there is a major problem, and then the textures are mucked-up everywhere and not just in one small patch. If it is still there, you could try deleting the shader cache and see if that fixes it.

Nice shots though Jack.

Thanks Mark!  Haven't gone back yet mark, um, what kind of major problem?  It was just on the side of this one mountain.  Now I have to go back and have a look.  

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

um, what kind of major problem?

I think it was when an nVidia driver broke tessellation, or something like that... but with that loads of tiles were a mess, not just one, so I don't think you have any such issues. If there there was something major amiss I'm sure you'd see more than one dodgy patch, so maybe just one of those glitches.  I don't have that scenery, so I can't test the area myself.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

I think it was when an nVidia driver broke tessellation, or something like that... but with that loads of tiles were a mess, not just one, so I don't think you have any such issues. If there there was something major amiss I'm sure you'd see more than one dodgy patch, so maybe just one of those glitches.  I don't have that scenery, so I can't test the area myself.

Thanks Mark, I do have my settings cranked up much higher than normal for 3.4.  I reckon I'll have to dial things back a bit.

5 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Is it still there if you go back?

Yup, I took the Twin Otter in 3.4 this last 90 minutes and tried every setting imaginable.  Nothing changes it.  It seems like it's only the dark side of the face of the mountain to the right of the airport.  

I took a bunch of shots and will post them in the support forum, they all have coords on them so maybe someone else will be able to replicate it.

Haven't tried it in V4 yet because PAVD hasn't been released yet although since I have all the regions I might try it anyway with SAK.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I took a bunch of shots and will post them in the support forum, they all have coords on them so maybe someone else will be able to replicate it.

If its not a general issue with the scenery, and its hard to think it was missed, then you could remove it and re-install this package... odd things sometimes happen.

Did you try deleting your Shader Cache?

15 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

That's good Jack... It's all that Emmsie bloom then? :lol:

I reckon, but who doesn't like the Iain bloom?  My wife and I really like the way it looks.  I'd rather have artifacts showing because of the HDR, it just looks so nice.  :P

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd rather have artifacts showing because of the HDR, it just looks so nice.

I like some of the HDR effects but find the eye adaption effect too much, which is one of the main reason I like PTA [I turn it off]... When looking down things tend to get way overblown with it on for me; even more so with copious amounts of bloom.  The only problem I then have is finding a balance between the light and dark areas... sim life is never simple and always involves a compromise :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

I like some of the HDR effects but find the eye adaption effect too much, which is one of the main reason I like PTA [I turn it off]... When looking down things tend to get way overblown with it on for me; even more so with copious amounts of bloom.  The only problem I then have is finding a balance between the light and dark areas... sim life is never simple and always involves a compromise :unsure:

I use Iain's and Stewart's.  I have a bunch of saved Graphics settings, Jack, Jack 747, Jack & Iain, Jack & Stewart, Stewart maxed, Iain, maxed, Test, and on. I especially did this in 3.4 and do it in v4.  But have you noticed unlike 3.4, the Graphics box always says "Custom"?  The P3D engineers got back to me on this because it wouldn't keep what setting was being used and I use that a lot.  They said they're going to fix it.  Great news for me as I like to have different settings with not only HDR, but sliders, and even controls if I remember correctly, it all gets saved with that one settings box.

If I buy that new PTA when Mr. Davies has it all sorted out I'll have to wait till Adam releases another PTA preset because that stuff is over my pay grade.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Nice climb across this surprisingly high ridge, Jack.

Thanks Gerold.  This is a great plane for bush flying but she's slow and steady.  I really like it in my little FS Economy world in SAK but gosh, she takes a long time to get to altitude and average speed is around 134 kts.  

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

But have you noticed unlike 3.4, the Graphics box always says "Custom"?

Yes, when making a profile, some things have been listed as 'Custom' rather than showing the desired slider position. Fortunately for me I don't make many changes, or have many presets and tend to just change one or two settings depending on the flight.  At least they are aware and will fix it....

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Nice shots Jack you have come up in the world a yellow and blue aircraft regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!  I'll be making more FSE flights today in the Beaver but this time it'll be the yellow Alaska livery.  

4 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi jack

with your config computer .... if you install  V4 you blow the roof  Fps and setting , i hope you try it !

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I do have v4.  I have both 3.4 and 4.  But with my sliders and other boxes ticked I'm only getting 14 fps.  I see ion your screens you're getting almost 200.

What are your slider and tick bos settings?

Archived