1 hour ago, Gent said:

If you get Spad.Next you can make them do whatever you need for each aircraft.

see  http://www.spadnext.com/home.html

Same here. Pretty future proof solution. I tested it with FSW, and I'm sure it's going to work with Prepar3d4 as well.

Btw., did Logitech any further development/drivers or what else to the Saitek stuff so far at all?

Kind regards, Michael

I was wondering this too. I have all Saitek hardware, yoke, two quads, pedals, and a TPM, but I do not use FSUIPC to control them, I use Saitek's software and have been very happy with it.  Anyone know if this software will run in V4?

SPAD.neXt itself does not rely on FSUIPC but only Simconnect, but it has FSUIPC support wich can be activated if required. I have FSUIPC mode disabled and don't need it.

SPAD.neXt is not yet Prepar3d4 compatible and we as beta testers (naturally) can't test it anyway without access to Prepar3d4, but I am sure it will be within some testing period. I'll ask the author about it.

Kind regards, Michael

SPAD.neXt is already fully P3d v4 compatible since the very first v4 beta, as long as you use SimConnect to program your profiles. This has been tested during the past months by several P3d beta testers.

All SPAD.neXt SimConnect profiles are fully P3d v4 compatible, and nothing has to be reprogrammed.

FSUIPC is an optional method to connect a simulation to SPAD.neXt, but, to my best knowledge, Pete mentioned that FSUIPC will not get a 64bit update/version, so it's out of the game here right now.

Regards,

Ulrich

On 24/05/2017 at 11:05 PM, Ulrich Strauss said:

Pete mentioned that FSUIPC will not get a 64bit update/version, so it's out of the game here right now.

Hi,

Things are moving on: Pete Dowson said FSUIPC will be port over P3Dv4...

• 7 months later...

Okay guys, raising this again as I am a little confused.

I've been out for about 14 months and I'm rebuilding my sim now.

I have done a based install of P3Dv4.1 with *nothing* else yet ... not even a joystick.

Looks like almost all products I used to use have moved on in my absence, so I have a hefty 'update' bill looming!

Q.

I have all Saitek gear also (TPM, trim, multi, radio, switch panel, etc) ... do I need FSUIPC  *and*  Spad.Next?

It almost looks like I could drop FSUIPC (at least from a Saitek controls perspective)

Cheers

Hi.  I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and I'm not sure how I'd manage without it frankly.  I also have a Saitek MFP and had the usual lousy Saitek driver trouble when using it in FSX and then P3d vs 2 & 3.  I tried the trial vesion of SPAD and could not get it to work correctly with v3.  On moving to v4 and having used up my SPAD trial (you can't go back later and try again it seems) bit the bullet and bought a SPAD licence.  It worked right out of the box and I didn't even have to trouble the SPAD community which is unlike me! 

Regards, Marik

2 hours ago, jpreou said:

Okay guys, raising this again as I am a little confused.

I've been out for about 14 months and I'm rebuilding my sim now.

I have done a based install of P3Dv4.1 with *nothing* else yet ... not even a joystick.

Looks like almost all products I used to use have moved on in my absence, so I have a hefty 'update' bill looming!

Q.

I have all Saitek gear also (TPM, trim, multi, radio, switch panel, etc) ... do I need FSUIPC  *and*  Spad.Next?

It almost looks like I could drop FSUIPC (at least from a Saitek controls perspective)

Cheers

You only need SPADNext for your saitek stuff but Fsuipc will give you more options within spadnext.

Sounds good guys. I'm really looking forward to P3Dv4; I just dropped a 1080/8GB card in there too, and grabbed a bigger (curved) monitor while I was it it; should give my PC a new lease for a little longer. I'll grab Spad.Next and FSUIPC updates (about NZ $50 each, so that's not too bad)

@Nick Cooper also good to know. If the latest versions of things like REX Skyforce and Active Sky are optionals and my current versions will still work that will be good news indeed.

Of course, the good boys and gals at ORBX have me covered; thanks for that :)

Archived