85 miles.

Caloundra to Hervey Bay.  Started out rainy but the skies looked clear ahead and sure enough the rain ended.

This is a nice little airport!

0AL9psZ.jpg

kHcPl0C.jpg

BoEkAHz.jpg

cQsLKrl.jpg

dc45AcA.jpg

Wait for it.....:D

mKppyXm.jpg

ulOAvqo.jpg

Beautiful area!

wm4gDFD.jpg

Let's go check out those buildings to the right.

byRSXCi.jpg

Nice hotel, wouldn't mind kipping there.

rIwuSaz.jpg

Back to the flight to Hervey Bay

oIowH1E.jpg

cQlqJZF.jpg

kcGSv3Y.jpg

a0VNgtD.jpg

Let's see if we can actually hang from our prop!  OK!

AbKpSCT.jpg

Hey, it works!

FSSvzkx.jpg

azmTtsd.jpg

ku8YnzS.jpg

Stunning countryside.

DdD2i04.jpg

9FTnd6b.jpg

VAIYCit.jpg

vtjKGxP.jpg

rch2MTd.jpg

gBFFNTy.jpg

lHWTT50.jpg

kGHtDqp.jpg

M4W9pY4.jpg

uaMcaKF.jpg

cmDD0VO.jpg

1Y8onTt.jpg

Wonderful tour Jack and some more hair raising antix.

Anyone trying to sleeping the hotels would not be too happy with you for waking them with your hairybatics.

Head east from Hervey Bay and take a look at Fraser Island. The worlds largest sand island and Australia's 6th largest.

A beautiful place in RL but just watch out for those pesky Dingos.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Very nicely done Jack, including your aerobatics. :D

Thanks Adam, I love flying around Australia now with Iain's settings, It really makes everything so vibrant and alive.  And my aerobatics, well, I need to do something funny don't I?  :lol:  Actually, I started doing this stuff just to test things, to see if it could be done.  Now it's a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

4 hours ago, jury42 said:

Very nice looking plane and tour.

Thanks Jury!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful tour Jack and some more hair raising antix.

Anyone trying to sleeping the hotels would not be too happy with you for waking them with your hairybatics.

Head east from Hervey Bay and take a look at Fraser Island. The worlds largest sand island and Australia's 6th largest.

A beautiful place in RL but just watch out for those pesky Dingos.

Thanks Martyn!  Well, if I was in that hotel and saw that I'd be thrilled!  :lol:  And thanks for the info on Fraser Island, I think I'll take the chopper there next.  From the YT's I've been watching, those dingos seem to be quite a nuisance.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

That's a super flight Jack! Great aerobatics as well! :)

Thanks Paul.  It's a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, tom2rific said:

terrific set of pics and a great little trip jack...you've captured Oz very well in your flights...

tom

Thanks Tom, I'm amazed at the beauty of this place.  I was always under the false assumption that it was mostly desert.  But this scenery has really pleasantly surprised me, it's very diverse and nice.

2 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

HI Jack your SIM it's at top and very nice  welldone for your setting

Patrick

Thanks Patrick.  I've been doing a lot of testing as I fly.  Iain's settings really make it shine but at a small cost in FPS, VAS is fine, just FPS, which is actually very surprising to me, I thought it would be the other way around.  One thing I notice though is weather can really tank the FPS too.

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Shiny series of shotz and hey, I liked that approach!

Thanks Erik.  I had a feeling you'd catch that one! :D  You noticed I overshot it and had to hightail it back.  I could have gone around but I had get-on-the-grounditis.  

2 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi Jack if you have REX Soft clouds any setting need to be on DXT5 they are more smooth for FPS than 32 .

Patrick

Hi Patrick, yes I have REX Soft Clouds, so when I run the PC later today I'll make sure it's set to DTX5, thanks for this tip.

On ‎22‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 4:52 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  Well, if I was in that hotel and saw that I'd be thrilled!  :lol:  And thanks for the info on Fraser Island, I think I'll take the chopper there next.  From the YT's I've been watching, those dingos seem to be quite a nuisance.

Dingos can be nasty but they are wild animals after all.

Can be useful for a scapegoat if you are in the brown stuff.:)

Archived