FWS... Japan

Four shots from Japan using Flight Sim World. I'm finding the lighting rather washed-out, but I do like the AO with groups of trees, and if the terrain was darker it would work better still... hopefully they'll get some shadows working soon.

This is max settings, apart from Traffic (low) @ 1080p and with this 'fair weather' theme performance is not a problem at around 50fps in this area. Limited camera controls and the inability to take a shot 'paused' makes for limited screenshots. BTW I've extended to LOD to 6.5 in the CFG, as the default at Ultra is very poor.

I do love the aircraft modeling, and they seem to handle well and feel good in flight.

aed112a26acafdd1ba3cd7c6edbb0d33.jpg

cc3de6d24437f00f6365ba506ce8ab7a.jpg

64b8e7df7c9ce7ac7c85e1a6ff5f58b3.jpg

6a1c608924860db4fad62288ef283ab9.jpg

Mark

Concur on the aircraft FDE & "washed out" scenery.

When I first flew I forgot to check the FSW default : Settings / Display / Graphical - Graphics, Aircraft & Scenery. They were all set on "Lo".

Result was a visual disappointment.

When I realized the oversight & moved them all to "Ultra", now getting appearance like yours.

TTM

Thanks chaps...

44 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

When I first flew I forgot to check the FSW default : Settings / Display / Graphical - Graphics, Aircraft & Scenery. They were all set on "Lo".

Result was a visual disappointment.

Yeah I think mine defaulted to Medium, but Ultra seems no problem so far + extra LOD

Another pic, with some imported cloud textures..

2b5d44cc8d8606ee58c274a3082f6904.jpg

Looks great Mark but I agree, it does look a little too bright.  I'm sure there will be more tweaks soon.  I wonder if there will be third party support like weather, textures, FSUIPC, etc?

But still, for the price for me free, I can't go wrong and it's 64 bit and Orbx is supporting it, and well I need a new SSD!

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks great Mark but I agree, it does look a little too bright.  I'm sure there will be more tweaks soon.  I wonder if there will be third party support like weather, textures, FSUIPC, etc?

I think DT have plans for their own weather, and there is some greyed-out stuff in the UI.... Tweaks for sure, as a lot of the structure is the same as FSX/P3D as in the above I added some new clouds.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

I think DT have plans for their own weather, and there is some greyed-out stuff in the UI.... Tweaks for sure, as a lot of the structure is the same as FSX/P3D as in the above I added some new clouds.

Very nice Mark.  I'm keen to see how you modify things since it'll be a while before it's on my PC.

5 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Mark

Looks good.

What clouds are you importing & where are you putting them, (directories etc)??

TTM

I'm placing the Cumulus1 file and all the Cirrus files from my P3D Texture folder into the FSW Texture folder... So it can be whatever clouds you use; but in case that is breaking any terms and conditions, there are freeware textures available. I was just interested to see if textures would work in this sim... I tried some sky textures, but they altered the lighting too much, and perhaps need some changes to work satisfactorily.

Archived