KMRY Elevation Issue

Uberscrew

Hi Guys, recently back into P3D and happily installing all my ORBX back catalogue via the new to me FTX Central v3...very slick by the way.  The only issue I have come across is with KMRY and I cannot resolve the elevation issues I have with it.  I have FTX global, vector and Nor Cal all also installed.  I have followed the existing threads on this issue including the re-install of Nor Cal and I have run the auto elevation correction tool through vector and changed to auto assigned values,  I have also removed any potential My Traffic 6 conflicts and as you can see still no good...

9agdYwh.jpg

GfsTwIG.jpg

cVGvg45.jpg

I really don't know how to resolve and I really want to be able to use this scenery.  I cannot find my FSS order number now I have converted to ORBX direct but the scenery transaction ID is 5909df8e7c1ef.

Please help!?

Uberscrew, I am not trying to hijack your post and I do apologise for butting it, but could I ask JRBAIRD19, where do you find those tools?

Regards and thanks again Uberscrew.

JimNZ

31 minutes ago, Jrbaird19 said:

Hello

Try using the vector tool to disable KMRY. Also run the config tool then then press apply. I've had the same issues with some airports and the tool fixed it 

Thanks for the input Jrbaird but I have run the vector config tool and initially it auto set KMRY to disabled I applied this and this made no difference.  I have also tried to manually enable the correction and this didn't help.

Hi there,

the most direct approach to tackle these kinds of airport elevation issues is to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KMRY*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

your list indicates that the Vector version of KMRY is still active. Did you remember to press Save after running Vector's AEC scan? If you did, and the situation doesn't change, then there may be a file access permissions issue preventing file renaming in the Vector scenery folders.

Cheers, Holger

Until Holger replies with a more technical response to your question regarding why KMRY is still "active" in Vector, I suggest you manually change the designation.

Open vector AEC tool. Enter KMRY in the left hand box "AEC is Enabled For:"

If it shows up in that column then highlight it and click on the Disable >> to move it to Disabled, and click on Apply and Exit.

When done, open the AEC tool again and enter KMRY into the AEC Is Disabled for box and see if KMRY is now, and still, in the disabled section rather than the Enabled section. That will confirm whether or not it is now Disabled, which is what you want, and secondly that you don't have "permissions" issues.

Hi both tried the manual disable of KMRY through the vector control panel this weekend.  When I exited the tool and then opened it up again, KMRY was still showing in the disabled column, which I guess is what we want?  So I loaded P3D up again to test how it had impacted the sim, during load P3D regenerated the scenery database indicating that it had done something to effect the scenery files.  On load however there was some improvement with the main runway flat as you would expect it but a lot of the airport signage and lights still suspended above me.  Using slew the default terrain was about 30ft below the ORBX scenery and the problems with the approach across the arena looked the same as my first screenshot so not quite there.  Reviewing the file search revealed that the only vector .bgl left was the ABP_KMRY_Default.bgl.  So I decided to rename this file in an attempt to remove all vector elevation correction which returned to scenery to the same situation shown in my original screenshots.

Not sure where to turn next?

Thanks Jarrad I did try this today and it hasn't resolved the issue but it has improved things slightly.  Looking at all the .bgls now I have a set for vector, a set for FTX_NC and a set for KMRY am I better off turning off all the sets other than the KMRY ones or is it simply a matter of trial and error 1 by 1?

I suggest turning off all except the KMRY addon bgls and see what happens. Make sure that KMRY is above the FTX regions in your scenery library. Disable Vector and Vector AEC as well in the scenery library. This is for trial reasons only.

16 hours ago, Uberscrew said:

Thanks Jarrad I did try this today and it hasn't resolved the issue but it has improved things slightly.  Looking at all the .bgls now I have a set for vector, a set for FTX_NC and a set for KMRY am I better off turning off all the sets other than the KMRY ones or is it simply a matter of trial and error 1 by 1?

Hi Uberscrew,

The three files most likely causing your issues are:

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\AEC_KMRY.bgl

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\ABP_KMRY.bgl

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\APT_KMRY.bgl

You will need to go these folder locations and check that the files have been disabled. If they haven't, you will need to remove them to a temporary folder location (ie move them to a spot outside of your P3D folder structure), and then check if that fixes the issue.

Cheers

At a bit of a loss now guys.  Tried Jarrad's suggestion which appeared to have little effect however didn't make things any worse.  The vector .bgls now have been removed from the P3D folder.  I then tried jjaycee1's suggestion of removing all but the KMRY.bgls and disabling vector and vector aec in the scenery.cfg...below are the results : (

EhfLkCp.jpg

4EEVSbE.jpg

3ix1M91.jpg

aOKxGps.jpg

Majority of airport assets and ground objects are level but it all sits on a plateaux with huge holes in areas not covered by tarmac.  Not sure whether a re-install of P3D is the only way forward?

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I'd suggest to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KMRY*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382 

Cheers, Holger

Archived