Still want to fly in Hawaii

mikewies

This week's announcement from JV about the ORBX Hawaii project being shut down was a disappointment. Maybe some day it will happen. 

However in the last year, Hawaii has been significantly upgraded with OpenLC NA. And many of the smaller regional Hawaiian airports are part of the FTX Global NA Freeware pack. Overall, we are currently much better than the default FSX Hawaii. Fly around the islands, you'll see.

A good example is Kona International Airport at Keahole [PHKO]. Significant details and animations are found at the gate and on the ramp. .

PHKO05.jpg

PHKO02.jpg

RL photo:

konaairport.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very noice shots.  Where was JV's announcement?  I must have missed.  Spend too much time in this one section. :mellow:

Last week JV posted this statement:

"Hawaii has been scrapped at this stage as we cannot license the aerial imagery." 

Maybe someday...  Hawaii still is a great place to fly.

25 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Last week JV posted this statement:

"Hawaii has been scrapped at this stage as we cannot license the aerial imagery." 

Maybe someday...  Hawaii still is a great place to fly.

I see, oh well.  Orbx still has the whole Earth to do so I'm still happy.  Besides, look at all the nice places we'll see this year.  Perhaps someday they'll be able to license it. 

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is a shame but it is still a great place to fly even in its present form.

Beautiful shots and some interesting liveries the planes are wearing.

Thank you for the comments. I was intrigued with the Ohana ATR's. Ohana is the Hawaiian word for family.

Turns out that Ohana is a small regional inter-island division of Hawaiian Airlines. They have 3 of the ATR-42 models

• 3 months later...

Archived