Yosemite to Blue Nyack

Jack Sawyer

Orbx everything, even weather theme.  Was doing VAS testing.  Whereas the Winjeel for a 15 miles flight from 77S to directly north I almost had an OOM, this flight in the Duke I had 1120 MB left.  So I think it's the PNW which is well known for poor FSX code which made its way into P3D.  More testing needed.

Anyway, 0CL0 to KBLU.  Summer, day.  Adam's PTA 20_08.

NaITXkQ.jpg

86MFf11.jpg

uNGvbyM.jpg

YEWge7l.jpg

SEOKsNa.jpg

GwUMUvE.jpg

pahk1f0.jpg

FPfXGsV.jpg

9AD8Owj.jpg

7tYtYoR.jpg

This valley was very cool looking 

aCQksfG.jpg

KBLU really sneaks up on you!

SRwdbRi.jpg

btarfqN.jpg

XL2z6ui.jpg

This place is so well done, one of my favorites.

6F0GuGt.jpg

6 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice shots Jack.  That Realair cab is one of the best still, even though no longer available.  

Kev

Thanks Kev.  Yeah, I wish I had or could buy the Lancair.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific shots, Jack. Love them all. Which ORBX weather scheme did you use? Your clouds look very realistic

Thanks Bernd!  I think I used the Orbx building storms one.  Forget the number.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Another great set, Jack. You're certainly getting around these days!

Thanks Andy.  Trying to hit all my Orbx airports.

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Another great set, Jack. You're certainly getting around these days!

Not as nice as PDX's PowerPoint file but I use a grease pencil on this laminated USA map, have a global one on the other wall.  It helps me visualize with Orbx airport to fly to next.

1Uu1rYe.jpg

23 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Blue-chip shotz Jack! I like the lighting in those first few caps.

Thanks Erik.  That lighting is all Adam's PTA 20_08.  It's really good.

I was doing my Orbx to Orbx flights and as I do I always check the FSUIPC VAS log when I'm finished.  This time I had an astonishing 1120 MB left.  The weather was Orbx's theme #4.

Getting extemely low VAS from 77S to KEUG though.  I wonder if it's the dreaded Microsoft area that supposedly wasn't coded correctly?

Anyway, glad you liked them.  It was a nice flight but I have to tell ya, KBLU being on that plateau looks really short at altitude and approach.  It's a difficult place to fly INTO because it's surrounded by those mountains.  But that makes it all worthwhile.  I wonder if being so high up is the reason they have those telesocpes there?

On 2/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Erik.  That lighting is all Adam's PTA 20_08.  It's really good.

I was doing my Orbx to Orbx flights and as I do I always check the FSUIPC VAS log when I'm finished.  This time I had an astonishing 1120 MB left.  The weather was Orbx's theme #4.

Getting extemely low VAS from 77S to KEUG though.  I wonder if it's the dreaded Microsoft area that supposedly wasn't coded correctly?

Anyway, glad you liked them.  It was a nice flight but I have to tell ya, KBLU being on that plateau looks really short at altitude and approach.  It's a difficult place to fly INTO because it's surrounded by those mountains.  But that makes it all worthwhile.  I wonder if being so high up is the reason they have those telesocpes there?

Great shots, Jack!

KBLU is a great airport but SCARY to land at...I get disoriented when approaching an airport on a bluff...palms get sweaty, very nervous..goosebumps...great fun for a couple of dollars worth of scenery add on! ;)

Steve

12 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots, Jack!

KBLU is a great airport but SCARY to land at...I get disoriented when approaching an airport on a bluff...palms get sweaty, very nervous..goosebumps...great fun for a couple of dollars worth of scenery add on! ;)

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I agree with you completely.  Same thing happens to me.  It's easy to leave from but it really sneaks up on you.

Archived