Landing at Tapini airports strange behaviour

Pepperman

I have purchased Tapini airport for Papua New Guinea and think it is amazing. That scenery is a must buy. Love it. One thing though, is that no matter what plane I fly into that airport, once I touch the ground the plane pulls like crazy to the right or left a full 90 degrees even though I have used the rudder to keep the plane straight. I normally land any plane, even heavys with no problem, with the realism settings on easy or the settings that on realistic. So even with easy settings and a light wind, my plane still veers off abruptly to the right or left. And I do not have the auto pilot on.

Please can anyone tell me why this is happening? It does not happen at any other airport and I can land properly anywhere else.

Thanks

Pete.

I have purchased Tapini airport for Papua New Guinea and think it is amazing. That scenery is a must buy. Love it. One thing though, is that no matter what plane I fly into that airport, or any one of the grass strips in Papua New Guinea, once I touch the ground the plane pulls like crazy to the right or left a full 90 degrees even though I have used the rudder to keep the plane straight. I normally land any plane, even heavys with no problem, with the realism settings on easy or the settings on realistic. So even with easy settings and a light wind, my plane still veers off abruptly to the right or left. This also happens with take offs, on easy settings one slight touch of the rudder and the plane veers crazily. And I do not have the auto pilot on.

Please can anyone tell me why this is happening? It does not happen at any other airport anywhere else in the world, and I can land properly anywhere else.

Thanks

Pete.

Thanks for your replies

The yoke I have works fine. Nothing weird happens at any other airport. And I don't have Active sky. When I do land or take off only at the Tapini airports I do not have any wind either. It's very strange.

Pete.

Hi Doug

I think you have a point but I was thinking it may not be the brakes but I notice that my rudder is extra sensitive and if I apply too much rudder then the plane goes kinda crazy. So it may be that. Thanks for alerting me to that fact. I will check it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

I have been flying into the PNG strips for awhile,9 found and landed on so far,inc Tapini,I am using a Kodiak as was seen on "No place to be a pilot" TV series,mainly because of its power and reverse pitch prop etc,great on strips like Milei,but have not had the problem you mentioned,they sure are a challenge though!!  Doc

Archived