Yet more sightings around Exeter

andy1252

Two new freeware airplanes (from Flying Stations), and a new paint job for the Fokker. Exeter is such a good place to see new 'planes (apparently)

First, the Wyvern. I didn't register at first that this was freeware - I hung on for a couple of weeks and when I weakened and went back to buy it I realised it was free! Would have happily paid the same as for their Sea Fury, it's a beaut!

rsOoYRJ.jpg

And same with their Swordfish -

FApDrIb.jpg

And you don't see these guys over here too often

safErSV.jpg

Ah, boys and their toys, eh?

Thanks folks, and glad to have been of service Adam! I'm relatively late into this game, so I guess most folk will already know about most of these little finds, but I like to post them in case anybody looking hasn't come across them before (or as has happened a couple of times, like this, as a reminder). Way too much stuff out there to keep a handle on!

31 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Thanks folks, and glad to have been of service Adam! I'm relatively late into this game, so I guess most folk will already know about most of these little finds, but I like to post them in case anybody looking hasn't come across them before (or as has happened a couple of times, like this, as a reminder).

If you like that period, you should try their Hawker Sea Fury: http://www.flyingstations.com/sea-fury.html

Though not freeware, it's a real gem. If you do get it, search out the sound pack fpor it as well!

Adam.

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

If you like that period, you should try their Hawker Sea Fury: http://www.flyingstations.com/sea-fury.html

Hi Adam, that's the one that got me to the Flying Stations site. First thing I got there, and yes, a lovely beast! (and Martyn put me on the the sound file site - so yet another drain on my finances!).

I vary in my likes and dislikes. Not mad on the really early stuff (the ones that are made of string and old household parts), but I do like a nice old biplane from maybe the '20s on. And most of the '30s stuff is rather fine. And of course there were some beautiful machines causing great damage in the '40s. And I really like a lot of the '50s stuff. Now that I think about it, I quite like a lot of the '60s, '70s and '80s stuff too <grin>. Not so keen on the new stuff though (f22, f35 etc) - no soul. My inner plane spotter is well happy here!

Archived