Concrete Time

amentiba

Excellent shots.  But I have a problem with mine and no one can figure it out.  If I take off without autopilot on I get full rudder travel.  But when I turn on the autopilot and let if fly and then DISconnect it I get absolutely no rudder travel.  I only get it when I'm back on the ground with brakes applied.  

Have you experienced this?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots.  But I have a problem with mine and no one can figure it out.  If I take off without autopilot on I get full rudder travel.  But when I turn on the autopilot and let if fly and then DISconnect it I get absolutely no rudder travel.  I only get it when I'm back on the ground with brakes applied.  

Have you experienced this?

Aaaaa... not full rudder but effectively with only 5kts wind, got a strong left travel when taking of. But plane's rudder works well. So i thought it was ASN conditions that creates this left travel. I didn't try to activate any autopilot, i will test.

1 minute ago, amentiba said:

Thanks, like I said, I can take off and fly and get full rudder travel.  I then engage A/P.  Disengage A/P.

Now, when I move the rudder I get no travel.  Howeer, when I land and apply the brakes and come to a full stop only then do you see the rudder kick over hard and then I get full travel.

But what's even stranger is if I take right off again, I lose rudder travel.

I wonder if this is a bug.

I appreciate you testing this for me.

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I figured it out.  For some reason after disengaging the autopilot the yaw damper stays engaged.  Ctrl D will disengage that.  So it must be a bug.

Got it with the autopilot switch on, the travel disapear. Stand until landing, without any yaw damper problem

59 minutes ago, amentiba said:

Thanks.  This is odd.  I have to use CTRL+D to get full rudder travel back.

You say you disconnect the autopilot and then you get full rudder travel?

I have P3D with the very latest hotfix.  What sim are you using?

Thanks.

Jack

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks.  This is odd.  I have to use CTRL+D to get full rudder travel back.

You say you disconnect the autopilot and then you get full rudder travel?

I have P3D with the very latest hotfix.  What sim are you using?

Thanks.

Jack

Hi jack,

FSX + Acceleration (no Steam)

Archived