I am not happy with the FTX Central at all

Ed Koorevaar

Hello,

Since ORBX has changed it completely I am facing with a terrible long download time. Rediculous. My internet can work with a download from 5 to 10MB/sec. I have to upgrade a lot of packages. It will take me hours to get it downloaded. This problem is since the change the ORBX FTX made. I still can not believe what they are causing. When I had to update through FSS, it took me only minutes and now hours. Never change a winning team.

(-: (-:

Thanks Wogang,

But the explanation on this mentioned in the link is strange. All mentioned is the fault of a third party. Some minutes ago, I downloaded on FSS the new Fly Tampa AMSTERDAM. 3Gig took me about 5 minutes. In the good old days that ORBX could be downloaded from FSS, all stuff I have from them and that are a lot of packages, were downloaden in a few hours, which would take me now a whole day or more.

Regards,

Ed

I fail to see why a user has to "try" this or that method to obtain a download speed that could be considered acceptable.  The previous FSS download speeds were 'normally' suficient for years.  FTX Central v3 is extremly slow for a lot of people it seems from reading these forums.  It could be various ISP around the world but that did not seem to be a problem with the old FSS method.

Hi Spud,

I'm about 5 hours south of you in Tampa and the new FTX Central v3 seems to be a dream for me.  Knock on wood, but I've encountered one slight problem only. It was last night after I had to reinstall Darrington. The download time for it started out at more than 1 hour.  But I shut down FTX Central and then upon accessing it the second time, it took less than 10 minutes for it to download and install.  I personally have had nothing but success with the new FTX Central but I certainly can understand frustration levels rising when things don't go quite as well as advertised.  I guess the assumption has to be the various ISP's at play, and ironically being in the same state and country can have an outcome of stark differences.  Hopefully  things will get sorted out quickly for everyone. 

Interesting. Who's your ISP? I'm just a little bit west of Orlando and the speeds here usually look like the dial-up days (I have a 75 Mbit/s  download with Comcast). I've generally been a supporter of the "new" process but I can't believe they haven't fixed the download problem(s) by now. That said, it is what it is but I really question the theory that it's an primarily an ISP-related problem. There has to be something else going on.  Patience is a virtue but I'm running out.  -   Doug

12 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Have you tried using the manual download? 

Yes, I have tried everything suggested on this Forum.   I used manual download and Norway went pretty well in a few hours but Germany took almost 24 hours.   I have no issues downloading anywhere else but here.  Obviously this is a hit and miss problem.  Some people get it, some don't.  I get it most of my downloads, but once in a while I get a fast download.

4 hours ago, Triplane said:

Interesting. Who's your ISP? I'm just a little bit west of Orlando and the speeds here usually look like the dial-up days (I have a 75 Mbit/s  download with Comcast). I've generally been a supporter of the "new" process but I can't believe they haven't fixed the download problem(s) by now. That said, it is what it is but I really question the theory that it's an primarily an ISP-related problem. There has to be something else going on.  Patience is a virtue but I'm running out.  -   Doug

Doug,

Hmmm interesting indeed.  I have Spectrum( formerly Brighthouse Networks).  Your download speeds "spank" mine.  I'm getting 60Mbps download speeds and haven't encountered any issues whatsoever.  I just performed yet another test with FTX Central v3 and installed OG39 Longview Ranch.  It installed in less than 5 mins without a hitch! Have you always had problems with the new process or has it been just of lately???  Bizarre how it's happening for some but not for all.

Gary 

5 hours ago, iflygary said:

Doug,

Hmmm interesting indeed.  I have Spectrum( formerly Brighthouse Networks).  Your download speeds "spank" mine.  I'm getting 60Mbps download speeds and haven't encountered any issues whatsoever.  I just performed yet another test with FTX Central v3 and installed OG39 Longview Ranch.  It installed in less than 5 mins without a hitch! Have you always had problems with the new process or has it been just of lately???  Bizarre how it's happening for some but not for all.

Gary 

It's been this way pretty much all along. I've also tried it from a hotel room in New Orleans and my son's place in Dallas. Same result. I guess I'm just hexed. I get excited about it but in the scope of things (world hunger, the lack of universal health care, the price of Jack Daniels) it's really no big deal. I ranted about it a bit today in another thread. It didn't help solve the problem but I feel better. I can download most anything from anywhere on the web at 70-80 Mbps. It's only with ORBX that I see the problem.

Five different PC's JV. Two desktops at my house near Orlando, two computers at my son's house in Dallas(his desktop and his laptop), and my laptop from the hotel in New Orleans. Three different ISP's. Surely you understand this isn't a customer-based issue?

Doug

Archived