Norwegian Airports on the way

Ripcord

Word is there is another airport on the way for FTX NOR...?  Is this accurate?

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/12/9/its-gonna-be-a-hammerfeast

Well you cheeky devils, you.

Evidently somebody here has slid a copy under the door to our buddy here, and I would imagine he is authorized to talk about it - otherwise he would keep mum (although he'd be damn sure to tell us all that he knew something that couldn't talk about).

So what is it?  Come on, fellas, out with it.  Spill the beans.

May I see this as an indication Norway sells better than Half-Germany...? Or, does anyone know any ORBX GEN-airport in the works? (And no, Innsbruck is no part of Germany :D)

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, JJJackson said:

Also the Norwegian developer has posted pictures on the Norwegian forum and informed that it would be released in the beginning of december. No big secret. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

JJ, I guess you aren't referring to Hammerfest so I am wondering if you might share this link.

Thanks.

EDIT:  I did see JV's post that ENBO was in the works, but Tore has been working at this for years.  Nothing at all would suggest to me that it was getting close - but goodness, I would love to be wrong about that.

JJ thanks for sharing.  Norwegian was the language of my ancestors, but unfortunately my grasp of that language is close to zero.

34 minutes ago, pmb said:

May I see this as an indication Norway sells better than Half-Germany...? Or, does anyone know any ORBX GEN-airport in the works? (And no, Innsbruck is no part of Germany :D)

Kind regards, Michael

A poke at us, Americanos, I see, Michael!!  Ok sure, we have our shortcomings. I admit, most of us aren't that good at geography (I do consider myself an exception).  Probably half the kids at my daughters middle school aren't even aware that there is a place called Austria and those that do, I suspect, would think they have kangaroos there. : )

I would say that FTX NOR has been on the market longer and they at least two 'home-grown' developers in that country, which are quite active.  Perhaps recruiting in Germany has gone a bit slower, in terms of bring good devs onboard.  Plus it is a more recent region.  Not sure it is fair to call it more popular just yet.

I think the next Norwegian airport will be Bodo, has been in progress for quite a long time. Norwegian airports are more popular than Northern Germany, why, they are more scenic, we love mountains and the sea, Norhern Germany is flat! That said, Southern Germany should be good.

1 hour ago, Ripcord said:

A poke at us, Americanos, I see, Michael!!  Ok sure, we have our shortcomings. I admit, most of us aren't that good at geography (I do consider myself an exception).  Probably half the kids at my daughters middle school aren't even aware that there is a place called Austria and those that do, I suspect, would think they have kangaroos there. : )

Great one :-) But take it easy. I am not that good when it comes to the US either. Aside a few regions in the West where I've been once (and which I happily recall), I often have to google when a new announcement is made.

Best, Michael

hammerfest is in last stages of testing, ran into some really nasty problems with transparency in fsx... :(

As for the other airport, it is not made by orbx. I'm thinking maybe Jo Erlend, although aerosoft usually are sharing previews very early in the development phase!

Very excited to see what's in the present!!

Finn

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Norwegian airports are more popular than Northern Germany, why, they are more scenic, we love mountains and the sea, Norhern Germany is flat! That said, Southern Germany should be good

I must agree with Neil on this point. Having been to Germany, many times, it is a great country with much to do. But from a simming perspective, Norway is just more attractive to me due to the terrain. That said, Southern Germany should be a different being altogether. Looking forward to that one. In the meantime, Norway has become one of my favorite places to fly in P3D.

1 hour ago, Finni Hansen said:

hammerfest is in last stages of testing, ran into some really nasty problems with transparency in fsx... :(

As for the other airport, it is not made by orbx. I'm thinking maybe Jo Erlend, although aerosoft usually are sharing previews very early in the development phase!

Very excited to see what's in the present!!

Finn

Ah, possibly that is true -- could be.  Maybe I just misunderstood.

How many top designers can a country of 5 mio people have?

Jo Erlend ... would have been in Aerosoft's preview forum by now as he uses to show development shots early.

Tore.... is on Bodø. The perfectionist he is it'll take some time.

Finni... is on Hammerfest. Already mentioned.

With nothing announced on FSDeveloper the only other Norwegian designer I could think of is Joakim Tychesen who did a damn fine Torp Sandefjord two years ago.

Of course, that implies that the designer is from Norway in the first place, which is not a must - Sandane was made by Andreas Hegi.

Anyways, I would buy any Norwegian airport by any designer in a heart beat by now - I have crossed the line of no return for that fine country. For me a killer airport connecting the northern and southern airports with my slow airplanes would be brilliant. Somewhere in southern Nordland or Trøndelag would be just perfect.

Well there iare one or more, the best developers in Norway, in my opinion, who has stated that they will never sell their souls to a commercial company. Ask the mentionend Norwegian developers, who has been their mentors! :D Just look at the commercial ENGM, ENBR and compare with the freeware options.... not even in the same league.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

On 10.12.2016 at 3:10 PM, Ripcord said:

Might be somebody new on the scene.  There were a couple guys that made some decent freeware sceneries for Norway, maybe one of them made the leap to payware standards.

That looks more and more probable. Fresh blood would be good news indeed.

I just realized that Joakim Tychesen is the designer behind Aerosoft's upcoming Pisa X, so I ran out of established Norwegian designers.

We have another Norway airport currently in beta but I've held up preview screenshots until certain aspects of the scenery were further refined. The developer is a nine year Orbx veteran who is EU-based. So in total we have three Norway airports coming and maybe even more :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We have another Norway airport currently in beta but I've held up preview screenshots until certain aspects of the scenery were further refined. The developer is a nine year Orbx veteran who is EU-based. So in total we have three Norway airports coming and maybe even more :rolleyes:

Great news!  This will be a little something to look forward to in the New Year!!

Keep 'em coming guys!

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

So in total we have three Norway airports coming and maybe even more :rolleyes:

This is awesome news JV, you just made my day! Norway is such an enjoyable region to fly in, and I relish the thought of more Orbx airport packages for one of my favorite simming regions. :)

Very good news to me I've flown to all the Norwegian airports on FTX Norway (See my YT channel), before any Orbx airport was published. Now I have the 3 FTX airports plus the freeware ENSG & ENJA. Hope in few months could make another tour on many Orbx airports.

5 hours ago, Vora said:

Okay, so my bets are on Andreas Hegi, whose last name (so very Swiss) implies that he knows a thing or two about mountains. ;)

Yes, and he is definitely a long time veteran of ORBX, as JV mentioned.  And you already pointed out that he did Sandane.  So I would wager that you guessed it.

The fun part is guessing which airport it might be....

7 hours ago, Vora said:

Okay, so my bets are on Andreas Hegi, whose last name (so very Swiss) implies that he knows a thing or two about mountains

2 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Yes, and he is definitely a long time veteran of ORBX, as JV mentioned.  And you already pointed out that he did Sandane.  So I would wager that you guessed it.

The fun part is guessing which airport it might be

You guys are both on to something there, and I agree on all points. Now when it comes to figuring out which airport, that IS going to be the tough part. Maybe if we had some hints...? ;)

Archived