German excursion

Jack Sawyer

First, sorry for so many.  It was such an enjoyable flight my wife and I got carried away last night just enjoying the sights.

The flight started out at dawn and ended up at dusk.

Also, I don't know if this is GEN or did I go too far south?

I've only ever been to Jever in real life and have never flown there in the sim.

So here's my itinerary, chosen at random.

EDKP - Plettenberg

EDDF - Frankfurt

EDQG - Giebelstadt

EDMA - Augsburg

ErgfnZQ.jpg

HDYMK9G.jpg

xjWcb7y.jpg

KSaEI5l.jpg

Rotate!

vX0xIY9.jpg

zUsXovc.jpg

suSBBqa.jpg

fjXf9cD.jpg

qWb8P6U.jpg

tzC27wr.jpg

EgNCAz1.jpg

3548uJy.jpg

hEbYnU7.jpg

LY6zV4G.jpg

YRkZMX8.jpg

ErMz0qT.jpg

hMV7ztF.jpg

cyfCKrT.jpg

GxW2Wue.jpg

eAuL6wQ.jpg

A06jp8w.jpg

PyG5PFw.jpg

duAithF.jpg

Kl0lKxA.jpg

PVf075N.jpg

IFGI6bq.jpg

t4LYImn.jpg

medc3Av.jpg

What a cool looking building!

s7rZBCq.jpg

OuH0Fig.jpg

1kHDXWx.jpg

hrs0ark.jpg

YvgWrkS.jpg

gz3kAnI.jpg

HE9ocHJ.jpg

zfhIQZN.jpg

Cx8aAnL.jpg

WEnnRX3.jpg

hRu6xEB.jpg

eUdvLKU.jpg

tcqEwUL.jpg

i8kK2vD.jpg

yFPeQA1.jpg

0XsdpJs.jpg

FavIqlC.jpg

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

What a great flight, Jack. Most of it was actually south of GEN. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that your wife and you enjoyed the flight. And I enjoyed looking at your screenies ;)

Thanks Bernd.  I started out way south per the map but went south instead of north.  Next flight will be more northerly.  But it was fun.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iian.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top stuff Jack a very enjoyable flight and so good to hear that both of you are enjoying FS.

Thanks Martyn, yeah, we both enjoy this hobby.  She likes to sit in here with my while I make my flights.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

You got a fantastic journey with nice screenshots, Jack.

Voyager

Thanks Voyager!

Loved all pics, but the ones looking out the passenger window are my favs.  Remember, "Happy Wife, Happy Life".  Although I personally think that should be: "Happy Husband, Happy Life".  If this applied, then most of us could buy all that many more add-ons.

7 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Loved all pics, but the ones looking out the passenger window are my favs.  Remember, "Happy Wife, Happy Life".  Although I personally think that should be: "Happy Husband, Happy Life".  If this applied, then most of us could buy all that many more add-ons.

Thanks PDX!  Yeah, I have always loved window shots, I really liked the one on rotation.  And I have been very fortunate to have a wife who actually suggests, wait for it…."Let's pick another Orbx scenery."  But, like I always say, with her…it has to be cute……:rolleyes:

Excellent poke full of shots there Jack!  The only time my wife interacts is when she sneaks in the room, grabs the back of the chair gives it a shake or two and yells TURBULENCE!!!, laughs and leaves.  So the last earthquake we had a few weeks back and my chair started shaking I actually looked back, but she wasn't there.  :)

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Excellent poke full of shots there Jack!  The only time my wife interacts is when she sneaks in the room, grabs the back of the chair gives it a shake or two and yells TURBULENCE!!!, laughs and leaves.  So the last earthquake we had a few weeks back and my chair started shaking I actually looked back, but she wasn't there.  :)

I laughed hard on that one Roger!  My wife and I loved that story.  Sounds like your wife has a great sense of humor.

And I've seen the news about the earthquakes in OK lately, is it because of the fracking?  I never thought Oklahoma would get earthquakes.

2 hours ago, RJ said:

Mind-boggling shots! :)

Thanks RJ!

40 minutes ago, BradB said:

What a "library" of shots Jack . :rolleyes::P:D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, yeah, there's a lot and I didn't even fly in GEN!  More to come later.

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

And I've seen the news about the earthquakes in OK lately, is it because of the fracking?  I never thought Oklahoma would get earthquakes.

They say it's because of the fracking and they have shut a lot of that down for now, I think we are #1 in nation for the amount of quakes at the moment, alot of them aren't mentioned because they are under 2.5 on the scale.  The last big one was centered at Cushing, you should check out KCUH in OK (it made the last list of freeware NA airports, or better yet Google Earth) and look at the tank farm right accross from the airport, I live about 60 miles southeast of there.  As if tornados wern't bad enough!  :rolleyes:  And yes my wife has a over developed sense of humor. :wub:

32 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

They say it's because of the fracking and they have shut a lot of that down for now, I think we are #1 in nation for the amount of quakes at the moment, alot of them aren't mentioned because they are under 2.5 on the scale.  The last big one was centered at Cushing, you should check out KCUH in OK (it made the last list of freeware NA airports, or better yet Google Earth) and look at the tank farm right accross from the airport, I live about 60 miles southeast of there.  As if tornados wern't bad enough!  :rolleyes:  And yes my wife has a over developed sense of humor. :wub:

That's too bad, more quakes than LA.  Darn.  And tornados.  Down here I've been through three of them.  One tore my roof right off my house, thankfully no one was injured.

They say they sound like freight trains?  Well to me they sound like the roar of an L-1011 engine exhaust at full throttle.  I was astonished to see my first one.

Hey, the Orbx world doesn't have tornados, they have hurricanes with AS16 but I have never seen a tornado.  Wouldn't that be cool to fly into one in the sim?

Sounds like your wife is very nice.  Mine wouldn't do something like that, it would never occur to her but I would like her to.  She'd rather be entertained than come up with something funny like your's does.  But she likes to watch me fly and pick out Orbx's and when I fly with her in the room she always chooses a plane that's "cute."  So I indulge her. :)

Archived