Yellowknife with Openlc North America and Buffalo Airways

Dreamsofwings1

Thanks for this video. I have shared with with my fellow pilots at   www.DC3Airways.com

Sherm

Hi Sherm, you guys will know the checks and procedures inside out so apologies for inaccuracies!
The voice check list is a great idea and one I intend to get to grips with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Rob,

I've worked my way through the series that are available on Netflix (1 and 2 in the UK) and now bought the downloads from the publisher for season 3.  Fantastic program that got me hunting out a good DC-3.  This repaint of Manfred Jahn's C-47 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101539-Douglas_C-47_V3-12_Beta-zip is available at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101665-Douglas-C-47-V3-Buffalo-Airways-C-GJKM-zip

I downloaded the demo of the DC-3 from Justflight but Manfred's is freeware and in my opinion better than the payware.  The voiced checklist is as great feature and adds to the immersion for me.

Sorry, more info than you asked for but thought might be useful for anyone else interested, like I was, in getting a good DC-3/C-47 :D

Cheers,

Rob

I unloaded a lot of fuel barrels in Buffalo Joe's DC3's at 40 below when i worked for Nuna in Lupin (Echo Bay -gold mine ). I fly this free beta daily in FS-Economy and can't believe how good it is , Carenado can learn a thing or 2 from these guys, and wondering what is to come,  as from what i understand  there working on the lighting now. 

I unloaded a lot of fuel barrels in Buffalo Joe's DC3's at 40 below when i worked for Nuna in Lupin (Echo Bay -gold mine ). I fly this free beta daily in FS-Economy and can't believe how good it is , Carenado can learn a thing or 2 from these guys, and wondering what is to come,  as from what i understand  there working on the lighting now. 

I was genuinely amazed and how better it is than the payware!!

I envy you for getting so close to these beautiful birds!

On 11/28/2016 at 6:48 AM, Louis said:

I wanna know how Joe manages to keep a nice tan complexion while everyone else is freezing their balls off - pilots included.  I must admit, watching the ICE PILOTS, DC-3 freeware, and the Buffalo paint has motivated me to do the following round robin:

CYZF --> CYWJ

CYWJ --> CYGH

CYGH --> CYVQ

CYVQ --> CZFN

CZFN --> CYHY

CYHY --> CYZF

Add Orbx FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC NA with some REX HD Airports and AS16 weather and it's almost like being in ICE PILOTS ... good old fashion navigation and aircraft management.  Even used the ICE PILOTS show to help me figure out what altitudes and speeds they typically cruise at (9,500ft).  Weather in that region can be perfect one day to a BIG challenge the next ... and I don't fly below 40 :)

EDIT: speaking of lighting, I setup an FSLabs Spotlight set that works well in this DC-3.

Cheers, Rob.

The more I fly this aircraft the more I love it. With the ORBX scenery enhancements it feels very realistic. "Hold on to your hats boys"

My first wish is that there was a more modern panel, similar to that in the Buffalo Airways DC-3, that could be selected to use with this repaint.

My other wish is that the same team produce the C-46.

7 hours ago, robkr1208 said:

The more I fly this aircraft the more I love it. With the ORBX scenery enhancements it feels very realistic. "Hold on to your hats boys"

My first wish is that there was a more modern panel, similar to that in the Buffalo Airways DC-3, that could be selected to use with this repaint.

My other wish is that the same team produce the C-46.

Thanks for the video.  I have also been a fan of the Ice Pilots series for years, and I actually ordered the complete set of DVDs earlier this year from Buffalo Wear, Mikey's store for all the Buffalo merchandise.  If you're after a more modern panel, the V2 version of Manfred Jahn's DC-3 had a more modern panel.  The aim of the V3 version was to create a more vintage VC.  There have been many more improvements with V3, such as a few model and texture tweaks, flight dynamics, sounds and obviously the addition of the co-pilot.  I'm not too sure, but if you download the DC-3 V2, there may be a way you can combine the more modern VC of that version with the rest of the V3 features.  V2 can also be found at Sim Outhouse.  If you look on the home page under "What's Hot", it's actually still at the top of the list, just above the V3 beta version.  Just below this is a sound package designed for version 2.

Cheers,

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Melvin said:

A bit off topic, but can anyone tell me how to load the C-47 in a cold and dark state? For the life of me, I cannot find information on how to do this. Thanks in advance.

I think the answer depends upon which model of the C47 you are flying. Not trying to be simplistic, but I would look for the checklist, find the shut down procedure and go through it. Short of that be sure that all workable cockpit switches are in the Off position. Then save the situation so that the next time you want cold and dark, there it is. If you do not have the Manfred Jahn/ Jan Visser model, here is the link. I think it is the best freeware out there, one used extensively by our pilots at www.dc3airways.com.

Here is the link http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=220

you will have to register (free) before you can access any of the library or forums. This particular aircraft has a drop down checklist to begin from cold start. It is a great plane...and I believe you can find a livery for Buffalo Air.

Sherm

13 hours ago, Melvin said:

Thanks shermank. Turns out there was a newer version of Manfred's C47 that includs the option to put (but not load) the plane into a cold and dark state. Close enough for me. Absolutely loving this bird!

Glad to help Melvin, and happy that you found what you wanted. Now, I hope you will fire up those engines and join us at www.dc3airways.net for your best flying on line experience with the DC3

Sherm

dca662

Archived