FTX Aero Detail Bump Map Comparison

Bermuda425

FTX Aero is accessible from FTX Central. It changes your grass textures (here with snow). Just ignore the error message of FTX Aero after applying the changes. Decide yourself!

Note that the asphalt textures is provided by REX4 Texture Direct.

Coarse

Coarse.jpg

Cracked

Cracked.jpg

Fine

Fine.jpg

Soft

Soft.jpg

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm sorry Erik, I don't get it.  I have REX 4 TD HD and use it only for ground textures like runways and taxiways.  So does FTX Aero override them?  What am I looking at here?  Sorry for being so thick.

No problem at all Jack, it's easy and most people don't know of this nifty feature ORBX has implemented for every airport in your simulator. In Aero select one of the bumpmaps I showed here. Then select Your Default in the Runway 18 Texture and Taxiway Markings. Afterwards, click Apply. In the then appearing File Conflict window, select Ok to Overwrite file in FSX (this will overwrite the file detail1.bmp). In the two following windows select Do nothing with this file. Then click OK in the value error message window. Aero closes and you're set!

These bumpmaps are additional to the four Terrain Bumpmaps that REX provides, e.g. Freshly Cut Grass. If you want to use one of the REX ones, then just don't use Aero. If you want one of the four described in my original post, the do what I explained here. Thus, you can choose between 8 different bumpmaps! Awesome! Yay!

Let me know what you think!

56 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

No problem at all Jack, it's easy and most people don't know of this nifty feature ORBX has implemented for every airport in your simulator. In Aero select one of the bumpmaps I showed here. Then select Your Default in the Runway 18 Texture and Taxiway Markings. Afterwards, click Apply. In the then appearing File Conflict window, select Ok to Overwrite file in FSX (this will overwrite the file detail1.bmp). In the two following windows select Do nothing with this file. Then click OK in the value error message window. Aero closes and you're set!

These bumpmaps are additional to the four Terrain Bumpmaps that REX provides, e.g. Freshly Cut Grass. If you want to use one of the REX ones, then just don't use Aero. If you want one of the four described in my original post, the do what I explained here. Thus, you can choose between 8 different bumpmaps! Awesome! Yay!

Let me know what you think!

26 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Be sure to copy/save this little jewel before changing grass textures   FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\Texture - 'Detail1.bmp'. - strange things can happen.

Thanks fellas!  I might try it sometime in the future but right now I have so much going on, barely time for flights.  :(

Archived