Carrier landing - USS Sedona

Scott Harmes

Ok, had to Google for those ignorant like myself. This airfield is nicknamed USS Sedona due to the steep drop off at both ends and using a little imagination (not too much though) the Mesa being shaped like an aircraft carrier.

Thank you all for the comments.

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Not for the faint hearted.

Great set of shots and skills.

Thanks Martyn.  Actually it was a pretty easy job in the F-22.  It handles just as well at low speed as it does doing Mach 1+.  Luckily Sedona is just a bit bigger than an actual carrier too, considering I had no tail hook.  Now the F-84 I tried a bit earlier, that was a different story;  I stopped with about a metre to spare.:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding!  I guess it could be considered a carrier with the elevation and all.  Very cool.  I love this airport Jarrad created.

1 hour ago, Bassman said:

Ok, had to Google for those ignorant like myself. This airfield is nicknamed USS Sedona due to the steep drop off at both ends and using a little imagination (not too much though) the Mesa being shaped like an aircraft carrier.

It is an outstanding scenery.  I had always (over the past few years) heard Sedona compared to and nicknamed an aircraft carrier, but I only heard the term USS Sedona for the first time last night also.

Cheers,

Archived