Win10 anniversary update.

Dadtom65

Thanks for that link Nick.

This is part of what it says;

'The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is being rolled out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases starting with the newer machines first. You don’t have to do anything to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it will roll out automatically to you through Windows Update if you’ve chosen to have updates installed automatically on your device. However, if you don’t want to wait for the update to roll out to you, you can manually get the update yourself on your personal PC.'

So, I think I'll wait for mine to come through....hopefully, after any bugs and difficulties that may become apparent will have been overcome. 

Derek.

A suggestion for your Saitek Yoke that you may have tried already.  But try to plug it into a different port, preferably USB3.

If it comes alive, you may find you have to re-program it using your X-55 Rhino programmer. 

John

Good to know most people have had no problems.

On Friday last I uninstalled the P3D client and prior to installing the new client thought it a good idea to reboot.  To my intense dismay Win10 launched into an update at restart.  I soon realised this was no normal update and after a frustrating wait I was the new owner of the Anniversary Update, right in the middle of updating P3D.

Happily v3.4.9 is running very smoothly indeed, with udated FSUIPC, AS2016, and GTN 750, so no problems so far here.

Cheers, Jim

Hi John. I watched a thing on YouTube think it was and it said not to put them into a USB 3 socket as it wouldn't work. All so this person said that powered USB hubs need to be at least delivering 2amps or else you could still have problems with the Saitek stuff not working. But I will try, trouble is I'm getting fed with the yoke, one minute working and then not. Don't understand it as my X52 is fine and works every time no problem. Derek.

7 hours ago, jimh20 said:

Good to know most people have had no problems.

On Friday last I uninstalled the P3D client and prior to installing the new client thought it a good idea to reboot.  To my intense dismay Win10 launched into an update at restart.  I soon realised this was no normal update and after a frustrating wait I was the new owner of the Anniversary Update, right in the middle of updating P3D.

Happily v3.4.9 is running very smoothly indeed, with udated FSUIPC, AS2016, and GTN 750, so no problems so far here.

Cheers, Jim

Close call there Jim, but glad it all worked out for you.

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi John. I watched a thing on YouTube think it was and it said not to put them into a USB 3 socket as it wouldn't work. All so this person said that powered USB hubs need to be at least delivering 2amps or else you could still have problems with the Saitek stuff not working. But I will try, trouble is I'm getting fed with the yoke, one minute working and then not. Don't understand it as my X52 is fine and works every time no problem. Derek.

I too have the Anniversary update installed without issue, and that is WITH my Saitek yoke plugged (into  a powered USB 2.0 hub) in and working great.

27 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

The only issue I've noticed so far is that nVidia Inspector doesn't work, I've upgraded to the new one and it works however it lists FSX as MS Flight Simulator 10 and you can't adjust anything with it.

Do you know this NI guide? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403676

Spirit

Hi Derek

'it said not to put them into a USB 3 socket'

Well, it doesn't work now does it?    I have mine plugged into a belkin multi socket which itself is plugged into a USB3 port on my 'puter and it works perfectly.  My only complaint is the twist grip is damned stiff for my weak hands to twist! 

John

Hi all. Thanks for your messages and yes my Win10 installed ok and no hiccups after. See there was a couple updates for it today. All so got my yoke working again, seems it's some thing to do with an INF file which I found some where to sort out. So now using fsuipc to program it. Seems that program Spad is quite good to. 

Sorry John must have mis read your post. I use those USB hubs to. Tell you where I saw it. There's a chap called Ontheglideslope on YouTube, he's very good, I watch him and drool over his cockpit setup and it was he who said about using high powered hubs. You going to the show at Cosford John, if you are, see you there. Derek.

Hi Derek

I can't reply to your query about Cosford mate because I'm only allowed to talk about Orbx related topics.:unsure:  Anyway, although I would like to, I'm not going.  It's a bit too far for me there and back.

John

Archived