Last ten from NZ North Island

Jack Sawyer

Today's flight took me from NZPO, overflew NZMS then on to Wellington.

For Martyn, and others interested.  

Today we bring you radio Orbx, all Orbx all the time, commercial free scenery for your flying pleasure.

Orbx Global Base, Vector, NZNI & NZSI & NZMF, Trees, FreemeshX, REX TH HD, AS16 & ASCA Full Dynamic, Saitek yoke, two quadrants, & a TPM, Track IR, EZCA, UT2, HDR off, all sliders full right, Buttkicker II, and other goodies from Grandma…AND my shots don't hold a candle to Adam's shots, he gave me the inspiration to explore this beautiful country.

LNRumAw.jpg

ZGH3veH.jpg

Gotta get over this hill, I think I can…I think I can…

UygCiXJ.jpg

Near NZMS, don't know the city name.

7KYTozZ.jpg

I liked the mood of this shot.

I5sHRbU.jpg

Coming into the Wellington area.

fy0uYU4.jpg

I wonder if the NZ's version of the FAA would pull my license for flying so low?

sZWwB6v.jpg

What is this awesome looking building?  It looks burned out.  Someone please enlighten me.

0e1u7qe.jpg

L2GUMu5.jpg

Can I rent some secure space at that hangar?

nJnEvgT.jpg

I looked it up, it's the parliament building!  In real life it too has dark marble.  What a cool building and my wife and I looked at all the things to see and do in Wellington.  Man I would LOVE to visit, maybe I'll win the lottery tonight, I have a ticket.  Then I'd go.  Looks to be an awesome city to live in.

We don't have anything even remotely like that where I live.   I have cows.  And hot humid heat.  

1 minute ago, BradB said:

I liked the mood of this shot. Me too , it is a awesome shot Jack . What happened to the yellow Staggerwing , it must be resting I guess . :rolleyes::o:D

Cheers

John

Thanks guys.

Yeah, John, it's down for an inspection so I took the red one.

The yellow NZ tour continues tomorrow into the South Island.  Looking forward to it.

Wonderful set Jack and the red one is faster than the yellow one.

Just to add that building is also known as The Beehive!

Wellington is apparently very windy and has had earthquakes but it is never too hot.

If you like sheep New Zealand is a great place to live:wub:

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

HEY!!!! Gimme my little yellow aeroplane back!!!

Fantastic/epic series of posts. So great to see another NZ fan!!!

Adam.

Adam, seriously, did you post NZ pics with the yellow Staggerwing?  If you did I forgot.  This plane and NZ were made for each other.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and the red one is faster than the yellow one.

Just to add that building is also known as The Beehive!

Wellington is apparently very windy and has had earthquakes but it is never too hot.

If you like sheep New Zealand is a great place to live:wub:

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice shots and the dollar is good value.{until you come home}.:o

cheers

Gumby

Thanks guys!

The Beehive, cool nickname!  Yeah, Gumby, I saw the exchange rate when my wife and I were dreaming of going, it'll only be dreaming though. :(

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Adam, seriously, did you post NZ pics with the yellow Staggerwing?  If you did I forgot.  This plane and NZ were made for each other.

Arrgh - sorry - bad wording on my part! It's because I've become rather attached to *your* little Staggerwing -after seeing it star in so many pics. I was sorry to see it go! :lol:

Great pics - great scenery - regardless of plane colour! I have to agree yellow goes great with the NZ landscape. *My* personal favourite "yellow" NZ-compatible aircraft is the A2A T-6 Texan/Harvard - NZ1078, which I've deluged the forums with!

Adam.

Archived