I am at my wits end!!!

Timmy74

I have had nothing but issues with Vector and even more since adding the latest patches..  So I decided to uninstall Vector from both my FSX and P3D sims..

I followed JV's "How to Uninstall Vector" 

Now I am getting these issues in Australia!!!   I noticed it flying from Camden to Bathurst via an NDM/VOR west of Warragamba.
2016-8-13_18-46-39-169.jpg

2016-8-14_9-43-3-518.jpg

Could someone please let me know what is going on because this should not happen if Vector is not installed....right?

Cheers,

Tim.

It might be to do with the new migration protocols.

Try forcing the migration using these commands:  "%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3  (for your P3D install).

You should see DOS windows come and go for a few minutes then a popup confirming migration is complete.

If that doesn't solve your issues it might be a terrain.cfg issue.

Tim, there is a "force migration" thing in FTX central "tools" which pos does the same thing as John recommended. If you need to do a bit more testing later today/tonight let me know.  I have little else on other than polishing GB,s gold medals.   Oooops sorry but Trev made me this way. :D. Speak later mate

13 hours ago, John Dow said:

It might be to do with the new migration protocols.

Try forcing the migration using these commands:  "%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3  (for your P3D install).

You should see DOS windows come and go for a few minutes then a popup confirming migration is complete.

If that doesn't solve your issues it might be a terrain.cfg issue.

Hello gentlemen.  I have run that "force migration" tool several times to no avail!!  

So John are you suggesting I delete my terrain.cfg file?

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

Search fpr threads in the forums with that subject to see if it might be a solution for you.

Well I have spent more time on this....scrolling through all the threads, ( at your request John Dow), looking for an answer but there is nothing there that is the same as my plight. Also as to anything that is close to it, has not been answered!?!

Thank you very much for your customer support.

Well sometimes the quickest way to resolve an issue is to start from scratch.  I have done this more than once.

Uninstall FSX from the disks, then the entire FSX folder.

When you re-install, make sure you do not install to the default Program Files (x86) folder as it can cause issues.  I have mine in G:\FSX, nice and simple.  The P3D default install path is OK.

If you have sceneries other than ORBX and OZx, ensure that your FSX or P3D is running properly with the ORBX scenery before installing other sceneries.

Vector does not work with the AU scenery, so ensure the 'I have AU scenery installed' box is ticked in the Vector Configuration Tool.

Sounds like a pain but it will save you time in the long run and almost certainly give you the smoothest running sim possible.

"Vector does not work with the AU scenery, so ensure the 'I have AU scenery installed' box is ticked in the Vector Configuration Tool. "

So are you saying that at some point, Vector no longer worked with AUS?  This is news to me, as I had Vector installed, for a time, with AUS installed as well but never saw an issue.  After YMML got it's reboot, I bought the upgrade and now have reinstalled AUS (hadn't reinstalled since the whole migration thing came about) but now, I'd like to stroll around Australia with the new YMML and other airports.  I DID, however check off the box in Vector for AUS, but I am curious as to why this option was implemented.

Because the AU scenery was developed using older techniques, that are not compatible with the way Vector works.  After AU and NZ, new techniques were used by the devs that work with Vector.  It's no big deal, as the AU and NZ scenery have some aspects of the Vector process built into them anyway, it's just they were built manually, newer sceneries get more automation.

I believe that not all areas of AU ever showed the clash with Vector, which is why you might not have ever had a problem.

On 15/08/2016 at 6:06 PM, John Dow said:

Well sometimes the quickest way to resolve an issue is to start from scratch.  I have done this more than once.

Uninstall FSX from the disks, then the entire FSX folder.

When you re-install, make sure you do not install to the default Program Files (x86) folder as it can cause issues.  I have mine in G:\FSX, nice and simple.  The P3D default install path is OK.

If you have sceneries other than ORBX and OZx, ensure that your FSX or P3D is running properly with the ORBX scenery before installing other sceneries.

Vector does not work with the AU scenery, so ensure the 'I have AU scenery installed' box is ticked in the Vector Configuration Tool.

Sounds like a pain but it will save you time in the long run and almost certainly give you the smoothest running sim possible.

With all due respect I do not believe this issue is "resolved" John! Sure its "quickest" (for you) to go ahead and "start from scratch" by uninstalling ALL of FSX and re-installing it and ALL of the addons again!!  But not for me at this stage...it is far from "quickest".

What I am trying to tell you is that there could be a fundamental issue with this new Vector Configuration Tool v140 or v145l!!!  If you have run this program and then decide to uninstall Vector (which i have done) there will be texture morphing issues for some unexplained reason?  I am just giving you the heads up! 

I have even tried to re-install vector (v130 and V135  where I can "untick" the vector entries in the Scenery Library), but that does not seem to fix the issue either!?!  It seems that the "Vector Configuration Tool/Migration Tool"  does a non reversible algorithm....    I also noticed that when I did re-install Vector v130 it automatically ran the "Force Migration" without me opening FTX Central v2 and selecting "Force Migration"...!?  

Might I suggest you uninstall Vector from your FSX and see if you get morphing issues in Oz?  If not.....I'll will do what you suggested and totally uninstall my FSX and rebuild.

Interesting find.

I did as you suggested and uninstalled Vector in FSX.  I then went to the spot you showed and yes I had morphing.  So, I ran migration.  Still morphing.  Re-installed AU 4.003 and  morphing.  Ran migration again, still have morphing.  BUT!  Only in wintertime.  If I select Spring as the season, no more morphing.

To check, I jumped in to P3D V3 which still has Vector installed and guess what?  Same thing.  Morphing in Winter when there's snow, no sign of morphing in Spring.

So what this probably means is that you have stumbled on to a problem not related to Vector.

Since it seems confined to one season and one small area I think it might be a case of having it added to the list of things to be looked at for a future patch.  Anyway I'll let the Devs know.

You live and learn eh?

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

Interesting find.

I did as you suggested and uninstalled Vector in FSX.  I then went to the spot you showed and yes I had morphing.  So, I ran migration.  Still morphing.  Re-installed AU 4.003 and  morphing.  Ran migration again, still have morphing.  BUT!  Only in wintertime.  If I select Spring as the season, no more morphing.

To check, I jumped in to P3D V3 which still has Vector installed and guess what?  Same thing.  Morphing in Winter when there's snow, no sign of morphing in Spring.

So what this probably means is that you have stumbled on to a problem not related to Vector.

Since it seems confined to one season and one small area I think it might be a case of having it added to the list of things to be looked at for a future patch.  Anyway I'll let the Devs know.

You live and learn eh?

I beg to differ John.  It not only happens in this area.  I have also noticed that I get quite a large "Urban" area between Cessnock and Maitland now as well!!!  There should not be a large dense populated area in this region.  It is quite rural.  Also there are other places that I get morphing....

You maybe correct in that its not a 'Vector Issue" but I posted it here because it only became a problem when I installed then un-installed Vector v4 and v4.5. and thus the "force migration tool"! So feel free to move this post to where ever you feel its correct location...

I am just glad that I did not go ahead and spend countless hours un-installing and then re-installing FSX to get the same outcome.

Vectorissue3.jpg

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

Well all I can add is that I'm not getting that large urban area or any other anomalies except the winter problem above.  So I'll let someone else now handle this.

Could you please change this from "Resolved" to "Noted" or "Active" so the developers do not miss it?

Thank you very much Richard for taking a look at it for us.

I have noticed a couple more that do not look correct...I believe it is an urban area texture (like that around Cessnock) issue?  Could you please check what your system shows please?  

This is SSE of YMMB "LAT S38, 2.84 LON E145 9.63"
VectorissueYMMB.jpg

I would always get issues around this area if i did not "un-tick" (before Vector v140 and v145), the Vector entries in the Scenery Library.

I have found these too around Adaminaby (east of Lake Eucumbene)
"LAT S36 8.36 LON E148 52.40
Vectorissueadaminabity.jpg

Cheers,

Tim...

On 21/08/2016 at 11:14 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi Tim,

No worries, I'll be back in Robbo on my Pc this afternoon, and thank you for the coordinates and screenshots.

Thank you again Richard.

• 1 month later...

Could you re-install Australia using the latest version 4.003, followed by the latest libraries, and if the migration doesn't automatically happen, run it from the Tools section of FTX Central 2.

Here is what I see in the area of YMMB:

YMMB-Area.jpg

Your other  screen shot at Adaminaby, I'm not quite sure what you're saying is wrong with the areas circled.  Google Earth shows that the two areas in question are farmland, admittedly not quite the same shape as portrayed but landclass is often only accurate to a kilometre. Being a different landclass to the bush, the snow behaviour might be different, or it may be that the altitude trigger is right at that point.

I have done that back when I posted this issue to see if it would fix it but it is still the same!!
I tried looking for "How to un-install a region" but the one I have found dates back to 2008....  I believe its a little outdated due to FTXv2?
How do I go about un-installing Australia V4.003 and then re-installing it to see if that fixes this issue?

Just delete the FTXAUxxx files from your FTX_AU folder, and from the scripts folder delete the scenerylib_AU_Blue, Gold, Green and Red.

In the Scripts folder run the FTXConfigurastor.exe  (nothing visible happens)

Start FSX and check that Australia looks OK (not quite default because of Global but not FTX AU either).  Maybe turn Vector on and off to see if there are any changes.  Also turn Addon Scenery and OZx on and off to see if anything changes.

Then fingers crossed, reinstall AU 4.003, run the LIBS, maybe run the forced migration as well, and see if you get what I get around Moorabbin.

Well I'm going to leave this here.  See my post #10.

I've completely reinstalled FSX from the ground up twice in the last year and it ain't so bad, and runs better after the reinstall anyway.

Cheers

and good luck.

This what my AUS looks like now that i have removed FTXAU, FTX Vector and turned off ALL open LC stuff.

2016-10-3_22-10-8-792.jpg

This whole drama only happens in OZ! The rest of the world in my FSX is fine! I just want to delete ALL of AU and reinstall it but your instructions do not seem to not get rid of everything in AU?

John's recent post, #30, explains how he has done a complete reinstall and everything came out fine.  I am a big supporter of reinstalls for new versions of a sim, but that's just me.  I realized that LM created a way to just update individual modules, and for many, that works fine, but not everyone can achieve the same result.  Sometimes, placing too many band-aids on a problem, makes it worse than what it was originally.  The main reason I do complete reinstalls is for that very reason and I have yet to incur any issues post-reinstall and like John, sometimes the sim runs better than it did before.  Some food for thought Timmy, nothing more.

Sorry about the oversight.  I think the same applies no matter what sim.  Before I made the switch to P3D, I was an FSX user and I did complete reinstalls when the issues I had became too frustrating and multiple fixes and advice compounding the problem became too much.

23 hours ago, John Dow said:

Well I'm going to leave this here.  See my post #10.

I've completely reinstalled FSX from the ground up twice in the last year and it ain't so bad, and runs better after the reinstall anyway.

Cheers

and good luck.

Well I have deleted ALL of my ORBX (ORBX folder in FSX root directory), entries in FSX and reinstalled them and guess what...!?!

I get the same problem!!!!

I remember I had done a done an "FSX back up" some months ago so I just used that ORBX file, loaded up FSX and she looked great!! My YMMB area looked like it should have...YEAH YEAH!!
However, when FTXCentralV2 decided to run the migration (without my consent) it has reverted back this whole issue again!?!?!

I went and installed the following to get my FTX Central up to speed (red markers explaining these items S.P. need to be installed/upgraded)...

TAP

LIDA

ENNO

ENSD

ENJA

CAC8

DEVILSTOWER

ENGLAND SP
74S

KBLU

KBVS
KFHR

KMRY

S45

NZNI

NZSI  
NZMF

NZQN

YMML
VECTOR 1.4
VECTOR 1.45
LATEST LIBs 160906

So one of these installs has brought me back to my YMMB land class/texture issues....!?!?

Any idea which one?  Which one would cause the "Migration" tool to run without consent??

All I can say is I was in the same boat as you are with NZSI and it took a complete reinstall of FSX to get it working properly.  Don't forget Global replaces the default FSX textures and if that's where the files are corrupted then no amount of fiddling will work.

Sorry, but hat's all I can offer you. 

I just don't understand...!? Why is my P3D, in the YMMB area and the rest of OZ just fine? But in FSX (just OZ) am I getting this issue!?!

Like i asked in my last post...what ORBX wrapper makes the migration tool execute without consent?  It has before popped up a screen explaining that it will do the migration when you press "START" but I am just not getting that now and it is executing by itself..!?

Do you know which wrapper causes this?

It's not the wrapper.  Once you install any ORBX product that is inline to migrate (FTX Global, FTX OpenLC series, etc.), you will get the big blue box, detailing the migration, BUT you do have a choice of not running it.  The downside is that you cannot access FTX Central until you do.  I am also not entirely sure if you decide not to migrate, whether FTXC actually inserts and activates the entries for our ORBX products when you run your sim.  I tried out that experiment on my last reinstall and there is no way around it, unless you can install the older version of FTXC (if you have it saved).  Even then though, if you go that route, and if you have the settings set to have FTX Central update and sync, you will get the green banners, telling you to update the libraries, which in turn will bring you right back to the big blue box.  This is obviously the path ORBX wants it's customers on going forward, and if you desire to purchase any future ORBX products, you have to migrate.

If your issues are related to the unified migration, then you may want to post a support ticket here:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/210-unified-lclookup-support/

One other thought though, since you are running two sims, this could be the issue for your system and again, placing a support ticket in the right forum can get you answers, if they haven't already been answered, in which case, a quick search can do the trick.

I have moved this topic to the Payware support forum.

It has little or nothing to do with Vector.

I have also removed the incessant quoting of the post above each reply which is unnecessary and makes reading the topic

take twice as long.

I see two issues, first the morphing which John has agreed seems to be a new problem.

I see it too and it has been acknowledged.

The second issue, apparently raised after the first was acknowledged is the landclass difference between what you see and what we see.

Here is what I see if I disable Australia, the same as you do.

(There is absolutely no need to uninstall to see these effects, simply un-ticking the relevant entries in the scenery library completely

removes the product from the simulator).

AU_off.jpg

This is what I see if I re-enable it, the same as John sees.

AU_on.jpg

I would suggest that you replace all the files you have deleted or modified and you should then see the same as we do.

The migration is not triggered by any wrappers, it is triggered when FTX Central detects files that need to be migrated and have not yet been migrated, for example when FTX Australia is re-installed.

Archived