737-800 POWERFUL Takeoff Melbourne - Engine View

Bermuda425

Turn up the volume for this STUNNING, Qantas Boeing 737 takeoff from Melbourne Airport [MEL/YMML], Australia.

To skip straight to the takeoff, click here: 1:55

To hear an amazing buzzsaw, click here: 3:20

Not only did the weather conditions clear magnificently for the two USAF VC-32A's (Airforce 2) that visited Melbourne this same weekend; they also made way for some incredible flying conditions as seen in this video. Blue skies, light winds and a perfect amount of cloud to add definition to the sky are what ultimately lead to the flawless scenes.

For all of you NBA fans, San Antonio Spurs star, Patty Mills was also on this flight, sitting just three rows in front of me which was pretty cool in itself. In saying that, the star of the show was the CFM56's that put on a spectacular show. The roar that was produced was amazing and certainly added to the awesome fun that this departure was!!

Thank you for watching and we hope you enjoy this incredible Boing 737-800 takeoff from Melbourne Airport!!

~~~~Boeing 737 in Australia~~~~

The 737 is an aircraft that plays a pivotal roll in air travel here in Australia. Operated domestically by two airlines (Qantas and Virgin Australia), internationally by a large number of airlines (Qantas, Qantas Jetconnect, Virgin Australia, Tigerair, AirVanuatu, Fiji Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysian Airlines, Silk Air, Malindo Air, Air Niugini) and also in the freight sector (Qantas Freight, Nauru Air, Toll). A number of variants of the 737 still operate in Australia: 737-300F, 737-400F, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900; with the 737-800 being the most common and also the particular type found in this video. It is fair to say that the 737 is the most popular airliner in Australia!!

~~~~FLIGHT INFORMATION~~~~

Airline: Qantas Airways
Aircraft: Boeing 737-838
Flight Number: QF/QFA 610
Seat: 6A
Route: Melbourne Tullamarine [MEL/YMML] - Brisbane [BNE/YBBN]

~~~~WHAT'S NEW~~~~

Next video:
The Ultimate Plane Spotting Compilation

Previous video:
2x USAF VC-32A Close Up Spools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdyU...

~~~~AIRCRAFT INFORMATION~~~~

Manufacturer: Airbus/Boeing
Aircraft Registration: VH-VYG
Type: 737-838
C/N: 33995/1736
Delivery Date: 30th June 2005
Engines: CFMI CFM56-7B24
References: https://www.planespotters.net/airfram...

(Source: YMML SpottingTeam)

I could have put the usual; great video Erik, thanks for sharing. Instead just this:

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned upward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

Melbourne? Can't be the sun was shining!

Thanks for showing this Erik, beautiful video and some very familiar scenery.

The wife has just gone to work so I was able to crank up the volume.

Great info too, only ever been on 2 737s though, both 376s, one TAA and one Qantas!

On 7/21/2016 at 1:22 PM, Hobnobs said:

I could have put the usual; great video Erik, thanks for sharing. Instead just this:

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned upward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

Glad you enjoyed the vid! I always relish the reading of all the nice comments! This quote is my favorite, funny you mention it here. But probably it's every aviator's favorite :smile: Although often attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, the origin of this quote is somewhat puzzling. According to a discussion on Wikiquote, it was first printed in the science fiction novella “The Storms of Windhaven” in 1975. The authors adopted the phrase from the TV documentary “I, Leonardo da Vinci” written by John H. Secondari in 1965, but incorrectly assumed to be quoting da Vinci. Thus, John H. Secondari himself, or one of his inspirations, could be the source of this semilegendary quote.

On 7/21/2016 at 1:37 PM, Turboarrow4 said:

Nice video, Erik, thanks for sharing. Sounds like the t/o power remains until cruise level... 

Cheers

Thorsten

My pleasure to share the good stuff I find on the web! The pilots seemed to be in a hurry :)

On 7/21/2016 at 3:10 PM, John Dow said:

Looks like you've managed to get a copy of the new YMML V3!  Just kidding but wait til you compare :-)

No well yeah - this was why I posted the vid here and because so many here come from (or have gone to :D) Australia.

On 7/21/2016 at 3:50 PM, Voyager said:

Fine! A nice video!

Voyager

iPhone - Tapatalk

Cheers V, thanks for commenting!

On 7/21/2016 at 5:21 PM, RJ said:

One more exceptional video brought to you by Mr. Erik. :)

Glad it fits your preferences Mr. RJ ;)

On 7/21/2016 at 10:18 PM, Sniper31 said:

Very smooth, relaxing and good quality video. Thanks for filming and posting!

Great that you like the video. I didn't film it just subscribed the channel who uploads this - thus the source indication at the end :rolleyes:

I was impressed that you can get such a smooth filming with a handhold cam.

On 7/21/2016 at 11:01 PM, VH-KDK said:

Melbourne? Can't be the sun was shining!

Thanks for showing this Erik, beautiful video and some very familiar scenery.

The wife has just gone to work so I was able to crank up the volume.

Great info too, only ever been on 2 737s though, both 376s, one TAA and one Qantas!

I though it's always sunny side up down under!? Though you'll like it as it's your neighborhood. You might as well sing-along with this :lol: I've never flown Boeing yet, only Airbus and CRJ but will have a premiere double special in August: B767-300 and 717-200

Archived