Installing open lc europe

I'm not good with downloading programs that are not just a click. I have downloaded all 4 parts to my internet  download manager program where they now reside. I haven't opened them. What do I do next ? Sorry to be a pain but lim a dummy when it comes to this kind of thing. I need it it in simple and complete descriptions if you would be so kind.

thank you

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, you don't even have to name it.

2. Open each ZIP file one at a time and click all the files in that ZIP file and drag all of them into the new folder you just created.

3. Do the same with the other three ZIP files.

4. Close all the ZIP files.

5. You should now have one folder on your desktop with a lot of files from all four zipped files.

6. Find the exe file in the new folder and run it.

It will now direct you to the FSS store where you put in your proof of purchase information that was emailed to you.

Good luck.

Thank you for the clear instructions. I believe everything is working. I'm at the point where open lc is unwrapping. I will look for updates next in ftx central next I guess.

cheers

I guess I spoke too soon. It is asking me to install disk 2. As far as I know I opened all the files in to 1 folder on desktop. As I dropped them in the new folder it also created 11 other folders on the desk top and the last one was the app exe which I clicked on to install open lc which it seemed to do until now.

I didn't use win zip at the beginning, I just down loaded them in my instant download manager. Is that a problem?

Well, you need to try to get all the files into one folder before running the exe.

i don't see why it created 12 new folders though

the files should have come zipped right?

if so then follow the steps above and click and highlight JUST the files in zip folde then drop them

into the new folder until you have all the files in one separate folder

Only then do you run the exe

When I first down loaded the four files with my Internet Manager program does that program put them in zip files, or do I have to use a zip program before downloading them with Internet Download Manager? This is where I'm confused. I never used win zip through this process...just internet

download manager.

You don't have to use a ZIP program to download any files from the FSS.  They come down to your PC zipped.

Your download manager should have placed four separate ZIP files on your desktop.

If not then I don't know how to help.

But if it did download four separate ZIP files then you need to remove those files from the ZIP folders.

Just double-click on the ZIP folders, one at a time and they will open.

When the ZIP folders are open then you highlight all the files inside just one ZIP folder at a time, then drag them to a new untitled folder on the desktop.  Repeat this with the other three.  Only then do you run the exe file.

Thanks for being patient with me. Your last information cleared up some confusion for me and I made sure all the files got in to the same folder. It installed this time without any problem. I havent run FSX yet but will tomorrow. Its getting late here. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

Steve

9 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hey, guys.  Am I missing something here?  Bailout, are you unzipping those files before you put them into the same folder for installation?  If not, your installation may be incomplete and/or corrupted.

Hi Stew, I guess we'll know when he posts back.  But wouldn't the install fail if all the files from all four ZIPs aren't present in the folder with the exe?

Jack, I'm saying, unless I'm forgetting something important, that those four zipped files need to be unzipped into the same folder before you can run the exe.  If you merely transfer the *contents* of the zip files into a common folder and run the exe, something is bound to go wrong.  That's why I asked the question:  Did he unzip the files before running the exe?  It doesn't appear he did so, since he got a "insert disk 2" message.

The trouble free installation (#8) would suggest that the method used did work.

If the zipped folder is opened with Winzip, the files can be decompressed

but they can also simply be copied or moved out of the .zip folder into an

uncompressed one.

Winzip does the same job in either case.

I thought that's what I told him all along Stew.  Go back to my first reply to him.  I told him all files need to be unzipped into a new folder, I just usually go with "untitled" and then run the exe.  I don't know if  it'll even install correctly if one file is missing.

First of all open LC europe looks great. before I shut this topic down I will explain what happened. I first DL open LC with Internet Manager. All the four files were in Internet DL Manager but what had me confused were the instructions to unzip the files. Unfortunately I really didnt know if they were zipped or unzipped in Internet DL Manager . I was unsure if I needed to use winzip on those files that were in Internet DL Manager and I really didnt know how to go about that. Once Jack explained to me that they would be already unzipped by Internet Manager I did as requested. I dragged each file to my desktop to the new folder. When I did that they didnt go in the folder but they created there own folder on my desk top. I saw the installer file so I clicked on it and it began to install and I thought everything was fine. It went through the wrapper after I inserted the required fields and proceded to install right up to almost completion. Then it stopped and said to insert disk 2. Again Jack came to the rescue and confirmed those files had to be in the same folder together . I went through the process again only this time after each new file appeared in their own folder on my desktop I dragged it into the new folder. I checked the folder and it was there so I did the same thing with the remaining files and began installation and everything worked. The only problem I have now is because I DL most of the files twice I think I ate up a good chunk of my HD. Is there any way I can find and remove the first batch of files or should I leave it alone due to my PC challenged brain?

Steve

First, well done Steve, I know you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm really glad you got it sqaured away.

Unless you have a need to keep the downloaded files you can delete the downloaded files, I always do as you can always re-download them again from FSS.  Don't delete any of the installed files.

I don't know where they are on your PC but if you search you might be able to find them and delete them thus freeing up space.

Best regards,

Glad I could help.

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks' to y'all I managed the same problem Steve had. But thanks to you Jack I managed it quite easily. Although I farted around all day trying to figure out how to do it. Heck once you know how to do it you think man that was easy.  Great product glad for the sale. It's now one thirty am and I'm going flying once more just hope "she who must be obeyed don't wake up. Thanks again.

Archived