Help me uninstall everything!

walterg74

wait, what?

Did this guy go crazy???

No, let me explain! :)

I have pretty much all the ORBX products (Except SoCal which is coming up next..) and I also have a large amount of photo scenery.

Since I have FSX:SE and P3D v3, after playing around a bit with them I decided I would like to leave P3D configured with all the wonderful ORBX add-ons, while  FSX will be left for photo scenery.

Being I already installed all the base products plus the AU and EU regions, I would like to know what the proper way to uninstall everything is to remove the add-ons from FSX.

There is one caveat though, I think I didn't backup the original files, so it may be the case that I may need to leave FTX Global installed if so, correct? (and hopefully just that one?)

Thanks for your help!

It's often quickest just to uninstall FSX from the discs, then remove all FSX folders that remain, (to clear up add-ons) and then reinstall FSX.  I do it every couple of years because it saves time in the long run.

20 hours ago, John Dow said:

It's often quickest just to uninstall FSX from the discs, then remove all FSX folders that remain, (to clear up add-ons) and then reinstall FSX.  I do it every couple of years because it saves time in the long run.

Yeah that would be clean, but don't really want to install all the addo-onsand stuff again really :(

Hi there,

actually, there are several guides for uninstalling specific products in our FAQ subforum.

If you want to get rid of the lot I'd suggest using this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

If you also have Vector then also use this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70953-how-to-uninstall-vector/

Then re-install the current Orbx libraries from the support page since you'll need some of its objects for the Global Base textures.

As the last step run FTX Central, set it to Global without the Hybrid checkbox, and press Apply Group. After that the only remaining Orbx entry in your scenery library menu should be the one for OrbxLibs..

Cheers, Holger

43 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

actually, there are several guides for uninstalling specific products in our FAQ subforum.

If you want to get rid of the lot I'd suggest using this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

If you also have Vector then also use this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70953-how-to-uninstall-vector/

Then re-install the current Orbx libraries from the support page since you'll need some of its objects for the Global Base textures.

As the last step run FTX Central, set it to Global without the Hybrid checkbox, and press Apply Group. After that the only remaining Orbx entry in your scenery library menu should be the one for OrbxLibs..

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

So three questions left:

1)Wouldn't the first post regarding deleting all ORBX also take care of Vector? (since I see that the instructions for Vector, second link, indicate to delete all things that are subfolders within ORBX, and the first thread tells you to just delete ORBX completely)

In this case the steps would be:  a) change scenery.cfg if required so that the AEC file from vector is not required. b)uncheck all vector entries in FSX scenery library c) delete the entire ORBX folder within FSX and also the indicated folder under scenery

2) I assume that would still leave FTX Global textures since they are scattered around the FSX folders and not under ORBX folder?

3) Doing things this way, wouldn't it leave me with a messed up scenery.cfg file which I would have to manually fix? (with entries to things that have been deleted from the disk)

Thanks!!!

Hi there,

sorry about that, indeed you can forget about that extra link regarding Vector as the first link includes the removal of Vector.

The Global Base textures reside in the default \Scenery\World\texture folder where they have overwritten the default landclass textures and autogen files.

The scenery.cfg entries are being re-built each time you run FTX Central from the collection of scenerylib_{...}.cfg files in the \ORBX\Scripts subfolder. By running FTX Central and setting it to Global (without Hybrid mode) all FTX Regions and Airports are removed from the scenery.cfg file. Since you also want to get rid of the separate Vector and openLC entries you can either manually delete them from your scenery library menu or, prior to running FTX Central, remove the openlc_lib_{...}.txt and VECTOR_lib.cfg files from  \ORBX\Scripts, which will do the job for you. In either case, once you've removed the entire Orbx folder and then re-installed OrbxLibsh and thus FTX Central, only the entry for FTXAA_ORBXLIBS will be in the new version of the \ORBX\Scripts and your scenery.cfg file will be automatically cleaned of all Orbx entries except for OrbxLibs.

Cheers, Holger

21 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

sorry about that, indeed you can forget about that extra link regarding Vector as the first link includes the removal of Vector.

The Global Base textures reside in the default \Scenery\World\texture folder where they have overwritten the default landclass textures and autogen files.

The scenery.cfg entries are being re-built each time you run FTX Central from the collection of scenerylib_{...}.cfg files in the \ORBX\Scripts subfolder. By running FTX Central and setting it to Global (without Hybrid mode) all FTX Regions and Airports are removed from the scenery.cfg file. Since you also want to get rid of the separate Vector and openLC entries you can either manually delete them from your scenery library menu or, prior to running FTX Central, remove the openlc_lib_{...}.txt and VECTOR_lib.cfg files from  \ORBX\Scripts, which will do the job for you. In either case, once you've removed the entire Orbx folder and then re-installed OrbxLibsh and thus FTX Central, only the entry for FTXAA_ORBXLIBS will be in the new version of the \ORBX\Scripts and your scenery.cfg file will be automatically cleaned of all Orbx entries except for OrbxLibs.

Cheers, Holger

Hmm.. ok, so I think I did something right and something wrong...

Tried deleting those files to see if FTX central would clean my scenery.cfg file, but no dice, after deleting, running FTX central it still showed me I had all the products and the scenery.cfg file had all entries.

I followed the instructions to completely remove ORBX, deleting the entire folder, I then installed the libs again.  When I open FTX Central, it correctly shows I have no products installed, and shows as "default" (which I guess would be correct since it doesn't see anything installed even though the textures are still the replaced ones).

*But*, my scenery.cfg file was not cleaned up, FSX complains that these entries are not found, and additionally the weird thing is ALL my other entries *do* show up, EXCEPT the orbxlibs ones! :P

Help?

1 minute ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

perhaps you're looking at the wrong scenery.cfg file? The active one is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Cheers, Holger

Yep, that's exactly the one I'm looking at...  No dice entries were still there...

I did this:

OLC entries were in fact gone from there. Removed all entries for VECTOR, saved the file and ran FTX central. Re-applied default group and closed.

Went to check the file, and it had re-numbered the entries correctly.

ORBX Libs were not there in the scenery.cfg file.

I added it manually (since I had the entry in an old .cfg file that had been saved).

Ran FTX central again.   FTX Central  *REMOVED* the entry for the libs... WTH?

7 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

can you post a file list of the \ORBX\Scripts folder?

Cheers, Holger

Yes:

ORBX_Libs_issue.PNG

Edit: Adding the scenery.cfg file that was there right after I added the libs manually, and the one that FTX central re-created after running it.

Edit 2: If it helps, I ran a diagnostic report:  ot398e8c4b275c32faec412bce892c7c79

Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg

Scenery.CFG

Ok, I have an update...

After searching around, I ran FTXConfigurator.exe from the scripts folder.

This put the ORBX Libs BACK into my scenery.cfg folder.

Fired up FSX, it's there of course, all good.

Then I ran FTX Central again.  Clicked "apply group" for "Default" again. When I go check, it DELETED the entry for the ORBX Libs again....

• Tim Harris changed the title to Help me uninstall everything!
4 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

That's expected as far as I recall, Default switches everything of Orbx off. @Ben McClintock that's correct?

While waiting for the response, anything else I might need to remove, like objectlw in the dll.xml, etc, or should that have already been removed?

Archived