Welcome to the Goilala Bushpack!

Jacksons +  Papo Pago are really fun sceneries. I suppose I'll never get there for the few remaining years of my life, but the detail of landscape, those little airstrips and the kind people around are fun. Plus, you have to master some interesting mountains, which I've to keep a close eye upon in my little C172.

BTW, these packages show that you can sell sceneris of regions where - I suppose - most of the pilots have never been before. 

And, yes FTX Central has to be set to Global. Or, even better, it will not have to be set at all when we'll get Goilala...?

Kind regards, Michael

57 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Am excited about the release and probably will pick up Jacksons International as well but  my question is, are these airports compatible with addons such as Air Hauler and VoxATC. Are the runways of all these little strips defined in AFX files so other addons that uses this data finds them?

Mike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Papua_New_Guinea

Kind regards

Ian

Thanks Ian, although it did not really answer my question. Some addons depend on the AFX files (AFCAD) to recognise them. Addons that search the FSX database like a flight planning software, Plan-G comes to mind. ATC software like VoxATC and fun addons like AirHauler. they all scan the FSX database and your addons. And if it does not find a defined airport it wont use it.

mike

Hi Mike,

For what your thinking of you'll need proper APX runways, and that also means dead flat runways, you wont find any of that here as all runways are sloped, all the Goilala bushstrips will show up in your GPS though as we have included start points

In the other Papua New Guinea package: AYPY Jacksons yes, and the 20 x enhanced regional airports that come with it, but not on the 10 x Kokoda Track bush strips

Cheers

Tim

Is the shaded area in the coverage map all PR, or otherwise enhanced scenery?  I know that on the earlier bush strip set, the "track" and some areas around the strips were enhanced or PR.  I fly them without the Global base and they work fine with Oceania set in Central.  It looks as if a large swath of area is perhaps enhanced from the base scenery in this new set.

Splendid work again Tim and Ken! The next FTX Experience comes to the FS world! I'll never get enough of the Experience packages you've hopefully got planned all over the many exciting worlds and unique landscapes to be 'experienced' all over the tropics. Still love Pago Pago/Samoa scenery so much...Keep ,em all coming fellas! Would really love to see you guys do the holiday paradise of Bali to 'experience' someday. Someone's already doing a great rendition of the international airport but to see you guys give us the experience of the beautiful resorts of Ubud, Seminyak etc and the amazing landscapes, volcanoes and landclass would provide for a great destination and more use of the nearby Orbx Broome scenery too. Anyway best of luck with sales. I'm somewhere at the front of the queue for your packages as always! Cheers guys for your special works that no one else can give us...

Excellent work, looking forward for this one! 
Just a question, though: I have the PNG raw grit package from Pacific Island Sim., and it has three airports that are contained in this package of yours (TAP,WTP and Fane). I'm sure you'll make them work together, but I have to ask: will they be compatible? The other package has another 37 strips besides those, so I hope I don't have to uninstall it...

Thanks
Fede

4 minutes ago, Fede said:

Excellent work, looking forward for this one! 
Just a question, though: I have the PNG raw grit package from Pacific Island Sim., and it has three airports that are contained in this package of yours (TAP,WTP and Fane). I'm sure you'll make them work together, but I have to ask: will they be compatible? The other package has another 37 strips besides those, so I hope I don't have to uninstall it...

Thanks
Fede

You can make sure the PIS raw grid package is below Tap in the scenery lib, however you may need to turn them off if they interfere. As far as I know the raw grit uses default grass runways which will show through and may flatten in some places.

I know it may be inconvenient but you may need to pause your flight after leaving one package and then turn on or on the scenery your leaving and turn on the scenery your flying to.

Cheers

Ken

You will want to remove those three airports from that package completely as they will conflict with the natural sloping runways we created. If its not clear which files we'll look in to it. But in the compatibility forum.  OK found them all, I will post instructions once the Goilala bushpack is released for those users with Raw-Grit

Congratulations to Tim & Ken on remarkable package of dirt strips. :D

Looking forward to flying online with the guys from OZxFC & seeing you can survive the flight from Tampini to Kokoda with compulsory stops enroute. :o

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Dom Mason said:

That has not been mentionned eventually, and of course, new projects can have some confidential level,

but,

Can we, woud we be glad to discover a new episode of this Papua New Guinea bush adventures ?

this is so much fun ;)

Dom

While researching this project we actually received lots of offers for photographs from PNG pilots for many other varied strips, which is brilliant for us

After we clear the next two pacific island projects we are working on we'll certainly return to PNG again, its very early days but Mt Hagan and Lae Airports are two I have my eye on for another 'central' point like Jacksons INTL

Great news Tim,

I'll look forwards to expanding your PNG world, which I must say, meaning no disrespect to the other Orbx developers, but your's and Ken's PNG add-ons, are the best ever!

keep up the good work, long may it continue...

Thanks,

Thanks for the info, Tim.  I will also be one of those eagerly looking forward to more of your PNG experiences.  They are among my favorite places to fly.  In the meantime, I need lots more practice with the strips you have already released before I can hope for good comments from my virtual passengers.

Bill

Archived