Critter Freeware

Penzoil3

Jeansy over at S.O.H. found this- works great. Play with the settings, heavy critters can cause FPS loss... but its pretty neat!

Sue

icon14.png Freeware release: Wildlife+

I came a across a neat little addon called Wildlife+ that injects wildlife land air and water into the sim, both FSX and P3D including v2/3

It can be set to the region your flying ie, Australia you can have kangaroos jumping around or brown bears in the Nth America or zebras in Africa.

All the parameters can be adjusted from the amount of birds to the spawn distance and other net features, This program can be set to cater to your FPS and great for low flying

It also as a neat section in the menu for helos where you can capture an animal by netting it (ive yet to try it)

for a freeware program its well done,

you can find it at avsim>

Wildlife+ Download

Yes, try this with the Franz Luftfahrt Paraglider - much fun! You will definitely have to turn down the number of birds and tune some other things, but then it's big fun searching for some goats or brown bears hidden in the forstests.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2016 at 10:41 AM, Penzoil3 said:

Jeansy over at S.O.H. found this- works great. Play with the settings, heavy critters can cause FPS loss... but its pretty neat!

Sue

icon14.png Freeware release: Wildlife+

I came a across a neat little addon called Wildlife+ that injects wildlife land air and water into the sim, both FSX and P3D including v2/3

It can be set to the region your flying ie, Australia you can have kangaroos jumping around or brown bears in the Nth America or zebras in Africa.

All the parameters can be adjusted from the amount of birds to the spawn distance and other net features, This program can be set to cater to your FPS and great for low flying

It also as a neat section in the menu for helos where you can capture an animal by netting it (ive yet to try it)

for a freeware program its well done,

you can find it at avsim>

Wildlife+ Download

Hi Sue, can you advise if the the link you posted in this thread (re wildlife freeware on avsim) is an add-on for an already existing product or is this freeware stand-alone?

Kind Regards,

Calum

21 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

Calum, it's a freeware stand alone product.

Thanks Sue.  I downloaded it and copied the 'sim objects' folder to my sim objects folder and the main folder to my FSX root directory but even after turning the sliders up full, I'm not even seeing a single bird.

The downside of being a technically challenged individual with a very technical hobby. 

Ok, Calum. When you install the program, you have a folder called  "wildlife_v2".  Inside that, besides the Sim Objects folder is a folder called  "Wildlife+".

Inside that is the .exe file i referred to-  Wildlife+.exe. Double click on that and a configuration window will open up. There you set how many critters, and what type you want , where. Go to the  "World setup"  tab, and point the program to your sim.  Once you do that, minimize the window, but leave it running.

When you open the sim, and get into your plane; you should have a "Wildlife +" entry on your "Addon" menu at the top of your sim. Click on "Start birds etc."  That should do it.  There is a pdf manual in the "wildlife_v2" folder.  It's pretty helpful.

Sue

1 hour ago, Penzoil3 said:

Ok, Calum. When you install the program, you have a folder called  "wildlife_v2".  Inside that, besides the Sim Objects folder is a folder called  "Wildlife+".

Inside that is the .exe file i referred to-  Wildlife+.exe. Double click on that and a configuration window will open up. There you set how many critters, and what type you want , where. Go to the  "World setup"  tab, and point the program to your sim.  Once you do that, minimize the window, but leave it running.

When you open the sim, and get into your plane; you should have a "Wildlife +" entry on your "Addon" menu at the top of your sim. Click on "Start birds etc."  That should do it.  There is a pdf manual in the "wildlife_v2" folder.  It's pretty helpful.

Sue

It appears I was just missing this last step in my 'add-on' menu - I have wildlife galore now.  Thank you Sue.

I did notice there was a manual but sadly I couldn't get it to open.  Thanks again.  I appreciate your help.

Have a nice day, Calum

Archived