A circuit at Goodwood

VH-KDK

It is great to see no fewer than 5 English airports with new installers last night. The first on I have installed is Goodwood and I have just done a circuit in the Paramotor

1.gc1.jpg

Off we go and it is into Madgwick Corner. Some of my earliest memories are of going to race meetings here in the late 50s early 60s.

2.gc2.jpg

Heading up towards Fordwater.

3.gc3.jpg

Through Fordwater.

4.gc4.jpg

Into St Mary's. This is where Stirling Moss had his near fatal accident in 1962.

5.gc5.jpg

Looking back at St Mary's and Fordwater.

6.gc6.jpg

Entering into the long Lavant Corner. We used to watch broadcasts on BBC's Grandstand on a Saturday afternoon. They only had one camera near the start line so some of the circuit was out of view.

7.gc7.jpg

Now speeding down Lavant straight. In 1970 another motor racing legend, Bruce McLaren was not as fortunate as Stirling Moss, as he lost his life testing a sports car which left the straight and hit an old marshal's post.

8.gc8.jpg

The circuit held it's last race meeting in 1966 as the cars were getting too fast and the circuits owners did not want to make alterations to the track to slow the cars.

9.gc9.jpg

Woodcote Corner.

10.gc10.jpg

Heading out of Woodcote towards The Chicane which was my favourite part of the circuit.

11.gc11.jpg

The old brick walls of The Chicane have been replaced by tyres.

12.gc12.jpg

We used to watch the racing from a Grandstand on the left, opposite the pits but it was demolished a long time ago.

13.gc13.jpg

Back at the start line and the pits.

14.gc14.jpg
It is very pleasing to see the circuit is back in use today and host the Goodwood Revival every September.

15.gc15.jpg

Many thanks to ORBX for bringing back so many memories from a long time ago with this rendition of Goodwood.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:08 AM, RJ said:

How was your lap time? :D

Very slow RJ, you don't fly the paramotor if you are in a hurry!

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, cabnz said:

Haha - Love it :)

Cheers cabnz.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, Mickey said:

The Paramotor is just one of the most fun flying things in FS. Great set man :)

Thanks Mickey, it is one of the best.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:01 AM, Airwolf said:

Awesome - you flew a circuit.  Lol

Nice Set

Cheers Airwolf.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, Voyager said:

Ah ... Always nice to see these your illustrated memories with/within Orbx sceneries!

I learn something ... at least I remember you when I overflying the place! emoji57.pngemoji3.png

Nice set here mate!

Voyager

From iPad

Thanks Voyager A long time ago but I can now see the whole of the race track for the first time.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, olderndirt said:

"Fee fie fo fum - do I smell the blood of an Englishman?" - don't tell me you were also a Brit.

Sure was. Been in OZ for almost 35 years. Come from a place called Effingham, near Guildford and then Bournemouth(go Cherries!) and then Southampton. Which part to you hail from?

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:21 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Memories memories, great stuff Martyn. I wait impatiently every year for the Goodwood Festival, it's great to see the top F1 drivers mingling and many famous drivers  from past years, along with some great machinery old and new.

Don

Doubt if I will ever get there Don but it looks like a fantastic event. I will have to be content with You Tube.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, BradB said:

And it's VH-KDK by a nose . <_<:D

Cheers

John

Thanks for the race call John. Glad I am not "on the nose." 

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, ZIGGY said:

Ha! Very cool! :)

Thanks Greg.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Always a striking sight:)

Cheers Bermuda.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:54 AM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

Thanks a lot guys for the great comments. Glad you enjoyed looking.

Archived