SCA will not load anymore

Jon Clarke

After flying in SCA for the last few days suddenly this morning SCA will not load. I get AppHang and only if i choose any location in SCA. I have reinstalled SCA, run orbxlibs, Vector AEC and still the same problem. Yesterday all was good. My reinstall GB count was correct from a copy that was 6.37GB so i am not suddenly missing a file and corrup notice for any part of the reinstall. 

The only thing that has changed is i updated to P3D v3.1 yesterday and all was working fine. Only today has this problem happened. I cannot figure out what has happened since i went o bed and got up this morning!! All other full fat regions in NA are working fine. One thing I do notice is that I tend to get a black screen with the revolving blue circle for about a minute+ whenever I choose a KLAX area airport like Santa Monica etc. Today I got the revolving circle on a black screen again but this time it just stayed revolving for over 7 minutes and nothing happens. I look in Event Viewer and see as per the attached pic.567fcc32b009b_EventViewer.JPG.b741734042

Anyone any ideas?

Well I deleted the shaders and am now getting ntdll error. I might run a repair job on P3D and it will probably revert me back to v3 not 3.1.Can't see what has happened overnight. Of course all was OK yesterday but after switching the PC off last night the only thing was start up this morning equalling a reboot. I noticed another error this morning which was FSUIPC had faults so I reinstalled that. The reg key had dissapeared from the Modules folder! So far this is only in SCA, that's what baffles me.

Uninstalled Client and had deleted Client prior. Installed v3.1 Client

I now have an Error Report which i hope a dev or someone could look at.(attached) I just ran a Repair job but it crashed again. I am about to see if I now get any crashes in other NA regions and other FTX regions. Bummer !

Report.wer

I uninstalled the v3 version of Client as per the directive. I then installed the v3.1 Client. I am assuming you have SCA? If so what files do you have in your unwrapped copy my files start at 100.2 thru to 100.14. Is there suppossed to be a 100.1? If so I must have screwed up my unwrapped copy which i have saved for reinstalling if required. Does your unwrapped (or anyone else who has SCA) look like this?567ffaa166b92_SCAunwrapped..JPG.84531707

8 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I uninstalled the v3 version of Client as per the directive. I then installed the v3.1 Client. I am assuming you have SCA?

That sounds OK. I don't have SCA myself - I just jumped in because it was P3Dv3->3.1 related - and I'd just done the upgrade myself.

I'm just wondering whether you manually deleted anything in the P3D folder, as I don't see why FSUIPC had faults (indicating that parts of your "modules" folder may have gone missing). Either that, or your dll.xml got trashed. Talking of which, does your dll.xml have proper entries for Objectflow?

Adam.

Well I got it resolved last night I think. I have not experimented a great deal yet with other areas within SCA but i can get Long Beach to load and fly over KLAX.

I uninstalled the v3.1 update and reinstalled v3. That did the trick but I am desperate to know why it has done the trick, and what was wrong with my update considering it was working fine the previous day, prior to a reboot.

I will try the update again later today and see if I get the same problems, knowing that reverting back to v3 should resolve any issues (touch wood!)

Because I did a Repair of P3D, which did not resolve the issues, and then a reinstall of v3 Client, I need to reinstall Global Base, so I might as well try the v3.1 update again prior to reinstalling Global.

Adam: my dll.xml in AppData/roaming/LM does have ObjectFlow and FSUIPC in it.

Ok so i installed v3.1 Client again this morning and I get the same problems as before. It will NOT load SCA. Reverted back to v3 Client and all works fine. Conclusion is that v3.1 does something to my sim which it doesn't like at all.

I run SimConnect & AirTrafficManager + FSUIPC as additional programmes with my P3D so there maybe an incompatibility problem with one of those, but I fail to see what it could be considering I only changed the Client portion.

I would be interested to see if anyone has v3.1 and SCA running well, and preferably anyone using ATM & SimConnect too at the same time.

Considering that the update changes I can see that would be of any benefit is wavy water, I am now going to stick with v3 as I don't fly seaplanes or land on water and want to be bobbed about by waves. Any other changes are not visible to me in my normal low & slow Cessna flights.

Do any of the Devs have SCA with v3.1? I am trying to discover what the changes are in v3.1 that have such an adverse effect on my sim.

Any feedback would be welcome as there "could" be a compatibility problem with SCA & v3.1 as I have no problems with 3.1 in other NA FTX Regions that I have, PNW, PFJ, SAK, NRM. Just SCA.

The problem is described as AppHang.

Oh bummer :((((( ... what a painful procedure. I don't think you're missing much 3.0->3.1, so stick with it!

The only other thing I could suggest (seeing as I don't have SCA) is maybe installing all versions of SimConnect. Like Dot Net, it doesn't matter if you have more than one version installed.

Have you tried without Air Traffic Manager? Maybe the sheer volume of airports in SCA is kicking it into touch <?>. Either that, or boat traffic (which I think ATM handles as well). Also - the problem you had with FSUIPC points to something going wrong maybe between it and ATM.

Doesn't ATM need to run some sort of "optimise" routine as it starts? Again - maybe it can't cope with all the airports.

To be honest - my money's on ATM as being the culprit!

Adam.

Hi Adam. your input is much apprciated. Regarding ATM, it works fine with v3 and it is because of the volume of airports in SCA that I use it. I also use it by default in all areas as it is a good tool in reducing the volume of ai trafffic by selecting the number of planes to activate within your planes radius. It improves fps and smoothnes by an average of 10+ %.. The "optimisation" only really begins once the loading of a flight reaches the "loading aircraft, boats". My problem relates to an apphang at the beginning of loading a flight. I just get a black screen with the revolving blue circle and never get to the blue rectangle stage, so ATM is not really doing it's thing at that juncture, only making contact via simconnect with the sim. You could be right about ATM though as there could be a problem in the simconnect contact with the sim stage which holds things up and causes the sim to hang. What I find difficult to understand is all works Ok at other NA regions including San francisco in NCA which is also a heavy airport region and autogen intensive. It is just SCA that I have a problem in. If ATM works fine in v3 why not in v3.1 ? I don't expect you to answer that by the way !!

I have now tried v3.1 5 times and still get the AppHang with ONLY SCA. I have eliminated the possible problem being AirTrafficmanager because I have no problems using v3.1 with ATM in all other Regions.

Does anyone have Windows 10, P3D v3.1, ATM and the latest FSUIPC running? I maybe alone in this but I am desperately seeking a resolution becuse this AppHang with v3.1 in SCA only, is baffling.

58 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

I have eliminated the possible problem being AirTrafficmanager because I have no problems using v3.1 with ATM in all other Regions.

Have you actually tried SCA without AirTrafficManager though? Just because it works with other regions doesn't mean to say that there may not be a problem with SCA <?>.

Adam.

Do you have NET Framework 4.5.2 installed. I had mine removed

without realising some time back during a windows update, It through my FSX

around a bit, reinstalled it and it fixed the problem. Maybe totally unrelated but

double check. Hope you fix it soon.

cheers

Gumby

adam. Yes i have.

gumby: I have P3d v3 and Windows 10. I am not sure Net 4.5.2 is W10 compatible as the Microsoft site says 

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2

Archived