John Denver's Lear Jet over his favorite golf course, Spyglass Hill, in Pebble Beach, CA.

PFS

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful shot, I did not realise whose plane this was until your post.

One of my favourite singers in the 70s.

What an avoidable tragedy his death was.

..and how many American artits dead in plane crashes (Steve Ray Vaughan - an hely, actally -, Jim Croce, Lynyrd Skynyrd...)

1 hour ago, farman said:

..and how many American artits dead in plane crashes (Steve Ray Vaughan - an hely, actally -, Jim Croce, Lynyrd Skynyrd...)

Jim Reeves, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, Richie Valence and Patsy Klein are a few more I can think of.

34 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Jim Reeves, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, Richie Valence and Patsy Klein are a few more I can think of.

Jim Reeves was the very singer of my fav'rite Christmas song, "Have yourself a merry little Christams".

15 minutes ago, farman said:

Jim Reeves was the very singer of my fav'rite Christmas song, "Have yourself a merry little Christams".

Another one was Ricky Nelson, who died in a plane crash on Dec 31st 1985. I got to see him first when he acted next to John Wayne and Dean Martin in the movie "Rio Bravo". Remember the song he performed together with Dean Martin: "My rifle, my pony and me" ?

45 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Another one was Ricky Nelson, who died in a plane crash on Dec 31st 1985. I got to see him first when he acted next to John Wayne and Dean Martin in the movie "Rio Bravo". Remember the song he performed together with Dean Martin: "My rifle, my pony and me" ?

Forgotten about him but just having a  read about him I can now remember especially the rumours about how the fire on the DC-3 started. One of those accidents whose cause shall forever remain a mystery.

Archived