Greymouth to Wanaka NZSI P3DV2.4

VH-KDK

Been wanting to get the Beech C-90 from Carenado for a while but not sure if it would work in P3Dv2  as it only mentioned V1 on the FSS site.

Anyway brought the B200 a few weeks ago as I knew I could use it in FSX if there were any problems but it is a goer in v2.

So the C-90 flies well in V2 and last night I tried V3, again no problems at all.

I can't get the  Alabeo Corvalis to work on v3 though, thems the breaks.

Well here is my first flight in the C-90 when I just took off from Greymouth going nowhere in particular but ended up in Wanaka.

1.gw1.jpg

2.gw2.jpg

3.gw4.jpg

4.gw5.jpg

5.gw6.jpg

6.gw7.jpg

7.gw8.jpg

8.gw9.jpg

9.gw10.jpg

10.gw11.jpg

11.gw12.jpg

12.gw13.jpg

Another beautiful plane from Carenado.

Hope you enjoy looking.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Been wanting to get the Beech C-90 from Carenado for a while but not sure if it would work in P3Dv2  as it only mentioned V1 on the FSS site.

Anyway brought the B200 a few weeks ago as I knew I could use it in FSX if there were any problems but it is a goer in v2.

So the C-90 flies well in V2 and last night I tried V3, again no problems at all.

I can't get the  Alabeo Corvalis to work on v3 though, thems the breaks.

Fantastic shots of a fantastic area of NZ!

Both my C90 and B200 worked fine in P3Dv3. Mine were bought from PcAviator and I'm not sure of the version numbers (I'm not at my FS machine), but I made a point of re-downloading all my aircraft just prior to install, so I knew I had the latest available - at that store anyway. I've not had any problems with any of my Carenado aircraft - even some of the real oldies.

The only Alabeo aircraft I've added so far in P3Dv3 is the WACO. No problems with that. What actually happens with the Corvalis?

Adam.

37 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Fantastic shots from NZ! And good weather setting too!

Voyager

From iPad

Cheers Voyager.

28 minutes ago, BradB said:

Super atmospheric shots Martyn . :rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Thank you John

1 hour ago, Adam_NZ said:

Fantastic shots of a fantastic area of NZ!

Both my C90 and B200 worked fine in P3Dv3. Mine were bought from PcAviator and I'm not sure of the version numbers (I'm not at my FS machine), but I made a point of re-downloading all my aircraft just prior to install, so I knew I had the latest available - at that store anyway. I've not had any problems with any of my Carenado aircraft - even some of the real oldies.

The only Alabeo aircraft I've added so far in P3Dv3 is the WACO. No problems with that. What actually happens with the Corvalis?

Adam.

Thank you Adam, so much excellent scenery in NZ, did a flight after this one from Invercargill, around Stewart Island and back. Glorious scenery. Did not realise just how big the island is, 3rd largest I think.

That is great to hear you have got your Carenado planes running in v3. I too have done a fresh download of the C337 and A36 and they work well along with the C-90 and B200.

Do you know if repaints can be added to the Carenado planes?

I did a fresh download of the Corvalis and then ran the installer. Hit the P3Dv2 button on the installer and put the path as D/P3Dv3 but nothing appeared. Could not find any reference to it at all in the P3Dv3.0 files.

Went to the Control Panel and was able to uninstall it using the Alabeo uninstaller.

I have been very dubious about adding things without the proper v3.0 installer as my computer knowledge is very limited and obviously with it running very well I don't want to bugger things up.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is great to hear you have got your Carenado planes running in v3. I too have done a fresh download of the C337 and A36 and they work well along with the C-90 and B200.

Do you know if repaints can be added to the Carenado planes?

I did a fresh download of the Corvalis and then ran the installer. Hit the P3Dv2 button on the installer and put the path as D/P3Dv3 but nothing appeared. Could not find any reference to it at all in the P3Dv3.0 files.

Went to the Control Panel and was able to uninstall it using the Alabeo uninstaller.

I have been very dubious about adding things without the proper v3.0 installer as my computer knowledge is very limited and obviously with it running very well I don't want to bugger things up.

Repainting Carenado aircraft isn't as easy as it ought to be  - but there's hundreds out there. Dead easy to install.

As regards your Corvalis .... you should be able to install it to the v3 folder now, after uninstalling it <?>. If you can't browse to the folder, you may be able to type it in manually.

Adam.

10 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful Set of shots :rolleyes:

Thanks Mike

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

3 hours ago, TheMan_RJ said:

The best thing: going nowhere and ending up somewhere. Beautiful shots! :)

Thank you RJ. As George Harrison sang, "when you don't know where you are going, every road will take you there."

3 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

Repainting Carenado aircraft isn't as easy as it ought to be  - but there's hundreds out there. Dead easy to install.

As regards your Corvalis .... you should be able to install it to the v3 folder now, after uninstalling it <?>. If you can't browse to the folder, you may be able to type it in manually.

Adam.

Thanks Adam. The P3D Carenado planes with the old style installer all work in V3.0 not trouble. I have tried the Navajo as well as the Corvalis, which has the Alabeo type installer and it won't install. I was able to browse the folder with no trouble and put D:\P3DV3.0 as the path but could not find any trace of it in the V3.0 files once supposedly installed. Anyway I have them on V2.4 so I will have to fly them there.

Many thanks for your comments gents, greatly appreciated as always.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I was able to browse the folder with no trouble and put D:\P3DV3.0 as the path but could not find any trace of it in the V3.0 files once supposedly installed.

Has it shoved it in a "3rd party" folder or one of the default P3Dv3 folders outside P3Dv3 itself (using the new P3Dv3 install method that allows you to use folders outside P3D root)?

Adam.

16 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

Has it shoved it in a "3rd party" folder or one of the default P3Dv3 folders outside P3Dv3 itself (using the new P3Dv3 install method that allows you to use folders outside P3D root)?

Adam.

Thanks for replying Adam, I could not find it in the P3DV3.0 folder so I will give it another try and see what I can find.

Archived