P3Dv3 Installers

macca22au

I greatly appreciate the speed with which Orbx is turning out v3 installers.

I also am impressed by the Definitive Guide,

However, we are at something of a halfway mark, and trolling through Ed's release threads makes it hard to be sure that the poor old consumer gets them all.

Would it be possible to have a running list of P3D v3 sceneries produced an updated with each new release?

Just sorted it out myself.  Go to the ORBX Product page and click on any airport or FTX region product.  Then click on Compatibility.

From there you will see a list of simulators for which this product is ready.  What I didn't realize until now is that you can then click on those names, eg, "Prepar3d v3" and it will give all the products that are compatible for that flavor of LM Prepar3d.  Very neat.

3 hours ago, macca22au said:

Nick:  thanks that is a complete though still short list of products.

However I, too, can't see how to navigate to your list from the homepage.

Just some suggestions: Create a browser bookmark for the the PD3v3 list page, or create a Windows desktop shortcut to the page's URL (https://fullterrain.com/sim/P3Dv3).

2 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

Some new releases are improvements for FSX too, some aren't. You have to read the announcements carefully. It varies...

Sue

According to Voyager's post above there were some improvements to Auckland airport, yet these improvements weren't mentioned in Ed's original announcement.  That's why I'm confused!  I read every Release Announcement for just the reason you suggested, but, again, there was no mention of improvements to Auckland's airport, nor any mention of improvements to the Freeware airports or the other two payware airports announced today.  I'm reluctant to dl stuff that I don't need to dl--it cuts into my flying times!

Particular thanks to Ripcord.  Yours is the definitive method and works. I am sure someone from the firm must have told us how to do this.  PS YMML and YBBN are slow to appear.....

Again I was frustrated by the removal of the 'My Content' option, but by pressing on my username up come my recent contributions.  Again, I am confident this was explained but a loss of brain cells is the  reason.

Archived