***NEW SIGNATURE RULES***

Jay Kae

3 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

So what about the people who still have half page signatures  JayKae ?  Not fair to the rest of us ?

Sue

I know, I am letting a week go by of the new rules then I will add something very important to the OP :) 

Hi Jay Kae,

I love be the idea of just one signature being needed.   But have a question, which so far through searching, could not find a clear answer. So now that I only show one order number., but since buying Orbx products when Orbx started, my first 20 purchases will be under one email, and then with a change in my personal situation  I now have a new email address of which some 80 items were purchase.  Will this be picked up by the Orbx search engine scanning for pirated items, and because my Orbx purchase comes from two email addresses, will it consider it dodgy, and wipe my Orbx file.  

Other question is, many (like myself) put details of their computer, components, and accessory devices on their signature. I, like many   others I am sure, find this really helpful, especially when discussing performance issues, hardware, etc. as it allows you to see the          difference in your computer to theirs and get a good understanding why they may have issues and you don't (eg .. they have a slow     computer), or visas versa, they achieve fantastic results because they have everything under the sun.  No two computers are the same, a as a result, we should not try to compare apples against oranges, but knowing what others are using is a great help, and allows you to kind of  determine whether you should try something or not if using the same hardware.  But to do this takes about three to maybe in     extreme cases 4 lines (including your order number).  So can this be looked into in allowing the extra line or two for computer details as we can learn a lot by what others are using.

Thanks for your time and I hope you can clarify these two issues.

Spacey

Hello,

You might be as well including one order number form each e mail address.

I checked the number you have given and that covers about 25 products?

The software will never pick up a purchase and mis-identify it as pirated.

It looks only for pirated software.

If you add a spoiler to your signature, you can add as much information to

it as you wish and only those who wish to read it can do so by opening the

spoiler.

It's the little eye in the menu at the top of the edit box.

Spoiler

Like this

Nick,

I have to disagree with you on the 'spoiler' function allowing as much info as you want.  I checked and it will generate the error message if you exceed two lines when I tried do so by simply adding lines titled "three" and "four" to text already in the 'spoiler'.

Edited by spud

TO ALL MEMBERS, IF YOU SEE A MEMBER WITH A SIGNATURE THAT IS TOO BIG, PLEASE REPORT THIS USING THE REPORT FUNCTION AND IN THE REPORT WRITE "SIGNATURE TOO BIG" WE WILL HANDLE/DEAL WITH THEM AS TIME ALLOWS. 

THANK YOU!

I have just added the above to the original topic, so everyone if you see a member with a signature that is too big, please report it and we will deal with it 

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎30‎:‎14, Spacey said:

So now that I only show one order number., but since buying Orbx products when Orbx started, my first 20 purchases will be under one email, and then with a change in my personal situation  I now have a new email address of which some 80 items were purchase.  Will this be picked up by the Orbx search engine scanning for pirated items, and because my Orbx purchase comes from two email addresses, will it consider it dodgy, and wipe my Orbx file. 

All your orders will fall under your current email address. That is the email address you are using to login to FSS with.

I have changed email addresses 4 times over the years and have had no problems with FSS.

Cheers

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect,  I personally didn't provide my ORBX products FSS order numbers on my signature to SHOW OFF,  it was always a requirement set by ORBX.  This was always a requirement,  if we were to raise a technical support question, and expect a response back from the ORBX technical support team.

"ORBX didn't force customers to provide all of our product registration details"!

Please don't take this the wrong way,  and I'm not trying to be argumentative.   Its true,  we weren't force to provide our product details,  but you did instruct us customers to provide our FSS order numbers for each of our product,  if we were to expect a response back for any technical support questions.  It was obvious this rule was put into place to stop people who were illegally downloading ORBX products,  and then having the nerve to raise a technical support question when they ran into problems with presumable bad copies of installers, missing files etc.....  

:D

Edited by jasonr71

The original instruction to "provide order number(s)" was easily misinterpreted, as only ONE order number was ever required (at least in the many years I've been a member here).  I've never listed ALL my order numbers, and always got support for the products I never listed a number for.

It's the problem of "Written Communication".  It can be interpreted and mis-interpreted depending on how the reader interprets it.  Been around as long as Mankind started writing things on cave walls.  :D

It just got out of hand eventually with one line or even one WORD forum posts being followed by half page long order number lists.  ORBX needed to fix that, and they have with the new 2-line limit signature policy.  If somebody wants to list their computer specs that won't fit in the 2-line limit, put 'em in a "Reveal Hidden Content" drop-down with your 2-line signature.  

Edited by FalconAF

On 12/7/2015 at 2:16 PM, jasonr71 said:

With all due respect,  I personally didn't provide my ORBX products FSS order numbers on my signature to SHOW OFF,  it was always a requirement set by ORBX.  This was always a requirement,  if we were to raise a technical support question, and expect a response back from the ORBX technical support team.

"ORBX didn't force customers to provide all of our product registration details"!

Please don't take this the wrong way,  and I'm not trying to be argumentative.   Its true,  we weren't force to provide our product details,  but you did instruct us customers to provide our FSS order numbers for each of our product,  if we were to expect a response back for any technical support questions.  It was obvious this rule was put into place to stop people who were illegally downloading ORBX products,  and then having the nerve to raise a technical support question when they ran into problems with presumable bad copies of installers, missing files etc.....  

:D

This was never a requirement, sorry but the above statement is completely false on several occasions in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 I have reiterated that only ONE order number was necessary.

On 12/12/2015 at 1:09 PM, Jay Kae said:

This was never a requirement, sorry but the above statement is completely false on several occasions in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 I have reiterated that only ONE order number was necessary.

Well I'm glad you clarified that Jay, and I'm sorry if I sounded a little annoyed.  Anyway that's great news,  because I was one of those silly buggers who did misinterpret the original instructions.

I'm so glad that I never got around to allocating a lot of time to enter all of my products in my signature.  I'd look pretty stupid now! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...