***NEW SIGNATURE RULES***

Jay Kae

Hi all, 

First of all we understand people want to show off their range of Orbx items but the signatures are getting out of hand.

While I was doing maintenance I ran into signatures that were more than half a page long so. These are the new rules:

- 500x150 max

- 2 links max

- 2 lines max

This will make for a much easier on the eyes look and you can still put some important things in there. Thank you for understanding 

I have not forced it on members accounts, so please go into your signature settings and adjust your signature according to the new rules, thank you !!

TO ALL MEMBERS, IF YOU SEE A MEMBER WITH A SIGNATURE THAT IS TOO BIG, PLEASE REPORT THIS USING THE REPORT FUNCTION AND IN THE REPORT WRITE "SIGNATURE TOO BIG" WE WILL HANDLE/DEAL WITH THEM AS TIME ALLOWS. 

THANK YOU!

• Upvote 5

So my old Club Dodo thingy has to go ? I'm confused. I removed all y product numbers but one, and the Dodo logo, and it stil said it wasn't right...

Help ?

OK, I shrank it down. It likes it now. Nevermind...

Edited by Penzoil3
resolved
  • Upvote 1

Hi Jay

Am I doing something wrong as I cannot alter my signature. No matter what I have shown from only one order number right up to the signature I have know, it still shows the following

'Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines.' I have even removed everything, saved it and am still told 'Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines. '

Also, I tried to change my chosen name and no matter what I type, someone else appears to have the name already.

Please help

Kind regards

Ian

15 minutes ago, JFS said:

Hi Jay

Am I doing something wrong as I cannot alter my signature. No matter what I have shown from only one order number right up to the signature I have know, it still shows the following

'Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines.' I have even removed everything, saved it and am still told 'Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines. '

Also, I tried to change my chosen name and no matter what I type, someone else appears to have the name already.

Please help

Kind regards

Ian

Please ignore my post, I have now managed to alter my signature and my chosen name.

Sorry

Kind regards

Ian

Edited by Ian S
  • Upvote 1

Will Customers have to edit their signatures each time they want some technical help? Or has the policy changed now so we don't need to provide proof of purchase on a support thread?

I'm not against the changes. Its much easier to browse posts now. I'm just curious to know if that policy has changed? I only have about 10 scenery's and couldn't fit them in the signature.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jay Kae said:

Hi all, 

First of all we understand people want to show off their range of Orbx items but the signatures are getting out of hand.

While I was doing maintenance I ran into signatures that were more than half a page long so. These are the new rules:

- 500x150 max

- 2 links max

- 2 lines max

This will make for a much easier on the eyes look and you can still put some important things in there. Thank you for understanding 

I have not forced it on members accounts, so please go into your signature settings and adjust your signature according to the new rules, thank you !!

Out of curiosity: what happens if someone asks for support for a product he/she doesn't have but has an order number for another product? Do you verify his/her account and search for all order numbers?

Edited by TheMan_RJ

47 minutes ago, Jay Kae said:

All orders are linked to eachother per person so one order number will tell us their whole history 

Thanks for this info Jay, like many others I have a 'few' Orbx products so was getting worried about not being able to put all of my order numbers in!

Simon

I have only included my FTX Global order number and it still says my signature is against the rules. I can just see the curfuffle when I ask for any support....EDIT  I can delete my whole sig but it still appears. What's the trick?

Edited by Double J

It appears that I'm also unable to modify my signature. I have it saved and it passes the check but still shows all wrong.

This is how I have it saved under settings:

FSS0371695  NA KSEZ Sedona Airport | FSS0308338  NA WA79 | FSS0295595  Global VECTOR | NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest | NA 05S Vernonia Municipal | NA 11S Sekiu Airport

FSS0281604  NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains | NA 65S Bonners Ferry | FSS0231928  Global | FSS0114429  Australia SP4 | AU YBBN Brisbane International | AU YMML Melbourne International v2

**EDIT** Once I deleted the old signature and saved it blank then updated and saved it works.. Just an FYI for anyone experiencing the same thing.

Edited by spacejunkee

4 minutes ago, spacejunkee said:

It appears that I'm also unable to modify my signature. I have it saved and it passes the check but still shows all wrong.

This is how I have it saved under settings:

FSS0371695  NA KSEZ Sedona Airport | FSS0308338  NA WA79 | FSS0295595  Global VECTOR | NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest | NA 05S Vernonia Municipal | NA 11S Sekiu Airport

FSS0281604  NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains | NA 65S Bonners Ferry | FSS0231928  Global | FSS0114429  Australia SP4 | AU YBBN Brisbane International | AU YMML Melbourne International v2

How you wanted to save it is three lines ie one line of text, one line blank and one line of text and that makes three.

Just a thought

Kind regards

Ian

I am unable to change mine. No matter what I do, even if I try and leave it blank is says "Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines.Spans too many lines" 

(Edit) It took many try's of moving it around and saving and but it finally took, Now how do add the FTX customer image?

Edited by RHaas

Hi Guys,

For anyone needing to reduce their signature to the allocated "2 Lines" of text and possibly one image L 500 x H 150. You may need to remove all previous formatting, and all line spaces.

Considering that 1 line of text and 1 space between the next line = 3 lines, add to that an image above the line, and you will go over the allocated requirements. Line spaces above the first line ( just below the signature demarcation (light grey line) and below the last line, are also counted as a line, wether there is text in them or not.

Once you have whipped your signature into shape with font & font sizing/colours and can see the text fits within the allocated 2 lines click "save"  and open a new forum tab (where you have previously posted, to see that it looks right in a forum post. ( I had a little trouble making my text not drop into a third line, resizing the text to 8 made all the difference)

Using the spoiler and trying to hide multiple lines of text within, will be added to the total number of lines both inside and outside the spoiler.

Try also to use Shift+Enter to create a new line, this will reduce the effect of a line space being created by using the "Enter" key alone.

As you will see by my Signature I have incorporated a greeting and a reduced image into the first line along with my FSS order number and a continuous line of text for my system specs below in the second line.

I have abandoned use of the "Spoiler" because it will not hide multiline text as one Spoiler line.

Edited by Jeff Gilmour
added text

16 hours ago, Double J said:

I have only included my FTX Global order number and it still says my signature is against the rules. I can just see the curfuffle when I ask for any support....EDIT  I can delete my whole sig but it still appears. What's the trick?

Sorted - Message left on your feed.

Have deleted my entire signature... saved... but it still remains. Help...!!

Cheers, Guy FTX Global Base FSS342136

ps: sorted I think.

Please confirm that only one FSS order number is needed regardless of how many FTX items are owned. What about FTX items purchased through PC Aviator (Australia)?

Thanks

Edited by SubOne

On 11/15/2015, 12:00:29, Jay Kae said:

Hi all, 

- 500x150 max

- 2 links max

- 2 lines max

Test of something, I'm not sure