Milford Sound animations

Jon Clarke

I am wanting to know what to expect in terms of PeopleFlow activity at the Milford airport addon. I have it installed and have configured it to max settings e.g PeopleFlow level 1 and then level 2 but I only ever see one person who is doing some cleaning or mechanical work on a C172. I have not seen any dolphins or orcas. In the Creature Flow options I am slightly confused insomuch as some things like Butterflies are stated as "Default On" so if i tick the box does it mean I have now disabled them?

I am particularly interested though in the people activity as we are give a choice of 2 levels in the config but i only ever see one person. This is at various times of day, dusk or night. Where are the peopeflow most active, and am i doing something wrong?

Some of these are seasonal. Make sure you have the sim set to the local season (to NZ) set properly - not to your local season (which may be different).

I think the dialog text may be a bit confusing. A ticked box does mean "enabled" - but the text should really say "this setting is usually enabled by default" (or similar).

I get butterflies, bird song, a fair few people doing different things - but have yet to see dolphins or an Orca. Maybe they're time-of-day related.

One other thing to check - that the simobjects/animals line isn't commented out in fsx.cfg. I comment mine out usually, as I hate the frame rate drops with the "seabirds from hell" you often get around some airports.

Adam.

Thanks Adam. Where do you see "a few people doing things"? As I said i have only ever seem one person hanging around a Cessna doing something round the prop. I am expecting much more especially as the Config gives you a choice of Level 1 or Level 2 for PeopleFlow. That choice indicates to me that Level 1 would have less of an impact on your system than Level2, but with either 1 or 2 selected there is only one person I can see.

I do set the time and season to NZ eg Fall here in UK =Spring in NZ.

No big deal, but the airport is quite static without "people doing things" !!

Hmmm .... something not quite right with your install. Usual question - did you re-install the latest ORBX libraries after NZMF install?

I'll stick a few screen shots up. There's a sweeper-upper person, some people on mobile phones etc. around by the tower/rear car park.

Adam.

Hi Holger. I indeed have read the manual but it does not mention anything about what to expect. The Configurator is the item that gives most details e.g Dandelions available October thru May (seasonal) regarding the link you gave to the screenshots, yes I get the one 4 rows down second in which is the guy hanging around the nose of the cessna. He is animated in my sim. That is why I am asking about the other people animations. I concluded that peopleflow is working because i see him and he is animated but see no one else. In the configurator I have everything set to on at the highest level. I do not see the additional cars, phone noise, dog barking, but I do get aircraft flyby, I get ship and boat traffic. It is like only a selection of the configuration files are working.

I took some shots - which I'll post later. They show as much flow content as the ORBX Product page, though the individual objects seem to have changed a bit since those shots were taken.

However - I also have difficulty finding the Orcas and dolphins - and no mention of them in any of the docs, as to time or place. Maybe there's a small text file somewhere that I may have missed, but certainly no mention in any of the PDfs (I've installed into both FSX and P3Dv2.5).

I'm also current missing dog barks and passing aircraft sounds - which I'm sure I heard once. Again, they may be time-of-day related.

I've had NZMF since the day it was released - and will therefore have accumulated all the objects/sounds that have been in use in all the successive ORBX LIBS. Is it possible that the latest LIBS may have missing files (or entries for them)? I seem to remember it happening in one of the NA sceneries/airports <?>.

Adam.

Hi JJaycee1 I'm no exspert and I suspect you've checked this but have you got your scenery compexity settings at max or just one notch back as it can affect what you see and looking at your system specs it should look as the shots above I can almost guaratee it'll be something simple as I've had similar problems and kicked myself when I found the fault (usually mine) ::)

Well I am still not seeing what I should. My settings are at max for scenery complexity. What baffles me is that peopleflow must be working if i can see one animated mechanic. I get long grass/short grass, bird sounds, flyby sounds, waterfall sound, traffic, ships & boats, additional static planes etc but no additional people, dandelions (oct-may)

What are your NZMF  settings in the Configurator in FTX Central milford Sound complexity  settings. I have everything ticked, maybe I should not have "on by default" items ticked?

It is like I am part of a file missing. I have looked in the Scripts/orbx_cpl NZMF xml file but don't understand what I am reading but see a lot of entries which look duplicated. In NZMF Scenery file all the bgls are ON.

Resolved ! Don't what resolved it but i did 2 things. Reinstalled Milford Sound, and set a new time of day. I now have people as in the screenshots provided  kindly by Adam. All my tests previously had bee around dusk in various seasons and it appears that people don't come out in Milford at dusk !

Anyway set to early morning Spring time and get the people showing up. Mind you the mechanic at the cessna seems to work a 24hr day, unlike the sweeper who knocks off work before dusk. Still to hear the dog bark but all else is now fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the Orcas (they're time of day related - and I've already forgotten when (!) - possibly in the mornings!). Still to find the dolphins!

The textures (I think) are supplied by FTX NZMF in this case (aren't they gorgeous???) - rather than any REX textures you may have active. Check your "special effects" settings (set to maximum). I have the water quality slider one back from the maximum.

Adam.

going to look for them this arvo. what season would you suggest?

I have trains showing in Gatwick airport, when I pause the sim the trains still show moving along the track, do you think the Orcas will do the same on Pause?

Archived