FTX Global 1.4 Help

Vasily

Hello;

Sorry for my stupidity and lack of understanding.

Just a few questions:

1. FTX Global Base v1.4. In FTX Central v2 is says that the update can only be obtained @ the FSS account. Does that mean that I have to download the whole installer?

2. OpenLC EU. I only use FSX SE at the moment. Im assuming that I don't need it?

Many Thanks,

Ok. Thx. So do I need to download the whole OpenLC installer from the FSS store?

Thanks for your help.

PS. Do they both have to be uninstalled before I download them again? Or they can simply be installed over the top?

If you already have version 1.3 installed, you don't need it unless you've switched to P3D v3... Only thing that changed is an updated user manual.  I just edited the text file under user documents/versions to get rid of the update flag in Central.

Thank you for the information. New with Orbx products do not want to make an oops. Is this the correct path? Does the date need to be changed as well if so use current date?

D:/FSX/Orbz/User Documents/Versions/FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt document.

Thank You

Larry

Hello Larry,

Yes, that's the document, change the version to 1.40 and the date

to September 2015.

You can find a much smaller update to OpenLC Europe on the

support page.

Re: Global...done!, sorted!...thanks Nick!

Cheers,

Hello Larry,

to September 2015.

support page.

Re: Global...done!, sorted!...thanks Nick!

Cheers,

personally if you plan on buying p3d v3 in the future, i would download the new installers as they come out, that will save you alot of time from having to do it all at once.i won't be installing europe lc until vector and fs global has new installers, but i downloaded anyway.

Resistance is futile, Stew,... and you know what follows up.

Dominique,  I have a feeling a bunch of folks are installing the new updates because they think there's something new there.  That's not the case, entirely.  Nick has posted an advisory to that effect.  Also, I have no intention--ever--of installing P3D in any of its versions.  Not least because I have several aircraft, which I will not give up, that only work in FSX.  In addition, I will not wait around until such a time as all my Orbx scenery will finally work in the newest flight simulator.  And I can't see installing two different flight sims on the same computer--I don't have the space or the $$ to invest in a totally new system that would accommodate both FSX and P3D (and $200 for P3Dv3 is outrageous, imo).  If I change flight sims at all, it will be to FSX:SE.  No hard feelings, fellers, if you're in love with P3D.  Fine--I don't fly jetliners of any description, so I'm fine with FSX.  8)

Dominique,  I have a feeling a bunch of folks are installing the new updates because they think there's something new there.  That's not the case, entirely.  Nick has posted an advisory to that effect.  Also, I have no intention--ever--of installing P3D in any of its versions.  Not least because I have several aircraft, which I will not give up, that only work in FSX.  In addition, I will not wait around until such a time as all my Orbx scenery will finally work in the newest flight simulator.  And I can't see installing two different flight sims on the same computer--I don't have the space or the $$ to invest in a totally new system that would accommodate both FSX and P3D (and $200 for P3Dv3 is outrageous, imo).  If I change flight sims at all, it will be to FSX:SE.  No hard feelings, fellers, if you're in love with P3D.  Fine--I don't fly jetliners of any description, so I'm fine with FSX.  8)

Stew

Yes, I see :lol:. I had a laugh this morning when I read Ed's post about a new logo saying "Prepar3D V3 ready" or something like that. It is of a dull blue and grey and I said to myself, it should twice the size and blinking red and yellow and even then, I am not sure it'd work !

Anyway, I hope that you took my post as it was intended, a gentle tease not a critic :) !

I fly mostly GA  and because I do, I won't go back to FSX ever. LM's baby which actually is FSX + 3 years of development is so much better when you fly below 220 knots and below 25K feet. Shadows all over, volumetric fog/clouds give a sense a relief that the old FSX is unable to deliver. And not more hassle than FSX has given me.

I admit it is a pain because some aircraft or sceneries that you already have may not work.  When I went from FSX to P3D, I had no problem using all the A2A stable but had to give up the RealAir Legacy and the AS Huey. But new aircraft came along... For the OrbX sceneries, the Global set and regions should be available in October. Airports, we'll see but, for me, Global+Vector, Open LC, the regions and Experience packages are more important than the airports. In any case, it is prudent to let the dust settle down before going V3. Still, you should have a look someday, LM gives a refund after a 60 day trial period if not satisfied. You would only waste your time and, who knows, you may like it :) !

Now, I've a flight to fly in my transcontinental journey. Today Fort Yukon to Eagle  in the Comanche !

I thought the A2A airplanes were not dual-use, ie, there's one version for FSX, but a different one for P3D.  I, too, do only GA, and can't see buying new A2A aircraft versions for P3D, to the tune of about $150.  Also, I'm not sure volumetric fog and clouds is an issue for me--I'm running REX4 with Soft Clouds and they look fine in FSX.  Are they that much better in P3D?  If I went P3D now, let's face it, I wouldn't have any place to fly!  All the NA Regions, Australia, Tongass Fjords, RTMM, etc.  It's just not worth it at the moment.  And I still gag at the thought of spending $200 for a damn flight simulator, of all things.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue my trip through the Canadian FTX North America Freeware airports.  There are some real gems there, if you haven't tried them.  And when Open LC NA USA comes out (whenever), there are all those US freeware airports to explore, too.  Ciao!

Stew

OK, I've been trying to download Global Base 1.4 since this morning, (no exaggeration), and even with a payware version of IDM, both of my attempts turned out to be corrupted. I have a second computer so I allowed FSS to take hours to open and the repeated downloads to start. 

All the time, I never thought to check here and see if the update was needed, (I just assumed they always are). Maybe a little note to indicate “what is what and for whom†could be added in the next FTXC update ;D ?

Anyway, I have FSX and if I understand the posts above, the GB 1.4 is for those who have P3D. FSXer's don't need it. Good, because I have no more time for the FSS site. 

That leaves the OpenLC EU; again, if I understand this thread, the EU OpenLC is an update version that FSXer’s and P3Der’s alike, and should be installed.

Presently, I have GB version 1.3 and EU OpenLC version 1.15 installed. I have not yet run the update for EU OpenLC but I did download it from the FTX support site with no issue, (even though I could have ran the FTX Central which has been doing a great job so far)..

That leaves me with the statements made about 'changing some dates', so that FTXC doesn't keep alerting me to the updates. 

They said to go to D:/FSX/Orbz/User “Documents/Versions/FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt document†and change the date on that "document". I haven't gone there yet but I suppose it'll be pretty obvious.

So folks, if I have correctly understood everything as I have listed my understanding of it above, then thank you for the info and no need to bother yourself to any reply.

However, if I got something wrong, I would appreciate it if someone would let me know.

Thank you,

Rich

I with you Stew, 

Actually waiting 9and Hoping for an x64 bit upgrade Flight sim that is compatible with Orbx and fsx aircraft.  I will not spend money to update to a sim which basically has the same limitations I have now.  and I can bet my orbx libary alone is several hundred dollars investment.  8) BTW, Did you do the latest update to Rex4?

For anyone interested, I edited my Global Base doc in the "Versions" folder, from 1.3 to 1.4 but FTXC still flags GB for needing an update, even after I restarted the computer.

Apparently, I need to edit something else.

Rich

I with you Stew, 

Actually waiting 9and Hoping for an x64 bit upgrade Flight sim that is compatible with Orbx and fsx aircraft.  I will not spend money to update to a sim which basically has the same limitations I have now.  and I can bet my orbx libary alone is several hundred dollars investment.  8) BTW, Did you do the latest update to Rex4?

Which one would that be?  I have SP2, version 4.2.2015.810.  And don't hold your breath for a compatible 64-bit upgrade--it'll have to start from scratch for everything.

Stew

For anyone interested, I edited my Global Base doc in the "Versions" folder, from 1.3 to 1.4 but FTXC still flags GB for needing an update, even after I restarted the computer.

Apparently, I need to edit something else.

Rich

Change the date to September 2015.  That'll fix it.

Hello Larry,

to September 2015.

support page.

Ah!!! There it is! I didn't change the date, (which I guess is on the same document). I'll try that.

Yes, thank you. I was writing my oversight when you posted your reply, so now I'm sure that's what I have to do.

Thanks again,

Rich

Which one would that be?  I have SP2, version 4.2.2015.810.  And don't hold your breath for a compatible 64-bit upgrade--it'll have to start from scratch for everything.

Stew

new version is 4.7.2015.0818

:)

If you already have version 1.3 installed, you don't need it unless you've switched to P3D v3... Only thing that changed is an updated user manual.  I just edited the text file under user documents/versions to get rid of the update flag in Central.

Hi Bruce, can you walk me through how you did this as I want to get rid of the red flag too and I do not have P3D at all.  I really need some good instructions if you'd be so kind as to help. I get nervous unless someone walks me through it.

Thanks.

Jack

Hello Larry,

to September 2015.

support page.

Wanted to make sure not make an oops. Make sure the up date for OpenLC Europe is the most current version.

Thanks Nick appreciate the help.

Edit: Forgot to mention the changes the FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK Text Document worked.

LarryA

Hi Bruce, can you walk me through how you did this as I want to get rid of the red flag too and I do not have P3D at all.  I really need some good instructions if you'd be so kind as to help. I get nervous unless someone walks me through it.

Thanks.

Jack

Hey Jack, it's not hard. Go to the folder where your main FSX exe file is, (the place where "Simobjects" folder is located, for instance). I have FSX on a dedicated drive so for me that would be here: P:\Program Files (x86) p\Microsoft Flight Simulater Z\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

Then right-click on this file: FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK and drag your mouse over the "open with" option. You'll see an icon of a "notepad". Click on that.

When you do, you'll see this: FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014. Simply change the "1.3" to "1.4" and the "2014" to "2015". You should now have this:

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015

Then save the file and if you're asked if you want to overwrite the existing one, click "OK" or "yes", ((whichever 'affirmative' reply if offered).

That's it.

Rich

Archived