Broken Track Clip Pro

Penzoil3

Hi Sue. Yea mine broke as well, think they all do in time, to flimsy. Make sure you go for the Track hat clip and not the hat thingy. Check out the guy on YouTube, Frooglesim, he's has done a review of both. Not bought one yet can not make up my mind. Derek.

No, went with the clip, to replace the Track Clip Pro junk. It came broken in the factory package, from e-bay.  I just glued it and went on.  Lasted 4 years, better than the previous one that arived intact, and lasted 2 years.. Watched the video before deciding to buy.  With shipping, it cost about the same, and should last a lot longer.  Looks quite solidly made.

Sue

Hi there Guys, I noticed a lot of traffic coming from the Orbx forums, so I thought I would create a 2nd account in order to help you out and answer your questions about TrackHat.org

So please ask away!

James

Founder, TrackHat.

Just looked at the linked site and the device is out of stock at the present time.

Spud, we are not currently out of stock, but due to current high demand, we sadly have a 1-2 week delay on all orders. My apologies! 

Our small team is working on refining our manufacturing process, and as a young company, we are getting close to finding out our demand to manufacturing balance.

Hello- "It came broken in the factory package, from e-bay.  I just glued it and went on."  That was four years ago !  Been very careful for it to last this long.

James, for a solidly made product; I think it's worth the wait !

LOL

Sue

Sue,

mind my asking what kind of glue you used to bind the plastic?  Have not found anything that really works very good.

I use aluminum tape cut into 4   1/4 by 1.5 inch strips and then raped around the broken area. This has worked for years. The aluminum tape is stiffer than electrical tape so once taped it wont move. I did tape it in the desired position as you wont be able to move it afterwards.  

DSC01372_zpsc9doiein.jpg

My 2 cents,

If glue won't work and you don't have aluminium tape I found that electrical tape worked really well for my broken track clip similar to what Freebirds solution above is but with the tape in a crossover configuration. It's now more sturdy than ever, even crazy glue didn't work on it.

Hope I've helped a bit, if not, sorry for budding in :)

Iv'e used my Hot Glue Gun on mine. Seems to work OK however recently had to re do it as it came apart again after about 12 months use.

I'm pretty careful with it & have it attached to an old lightweight head set microphone(no ear muffs) & I hang it from a hook in a nearby windowsill.

Even so it still got broken.

Archived