The far ends of the faw-away scenery

Stillwater

Inspired by the .kmz files that came with Tim & Ken´s scenery I set up a flight plan to discover the eastmost and northmost points of the Pago scenery. And I needed to take a little faster bird - though I am still struggling with its use. [Hi Carenado guys, you MUST give us a tutorial flight with this level of add-ons!]

Climbing out eastwards from Pago over Ofu Island, ...

2015-8-19_20-57Ofu.jpg

... Tau Island, ...

2015-8-19_20-59TauIsland.jpg

... and here we are at Rose Atoll. Maybe it is worth to return with a Catalina, and pay the price of a long manual flight...  ::)  

2015-8-19_21-10RoseAtoll.jpg

2015-8-19_21-10-45-873.jpg

Now, heading WNW in search for Swains Island. Even with Plan G´s careful support (I set a waypoint exactly at the coordinates given in the .kmz) I could not find it  ??? . Has global warming flooded the island already? Did I go wrong? Who knows....

2015-8-19_21-18toSwainsIs.jpg

So I went back to NSTU for the evening...

2015-8-19_22-6NSTU.jpg

2015-8-19_22-7-29-803.jpg

2015-8-19_22-14Pago.jpg

Travelling in style. If only I would be in proper control of this bird...

Grand set of shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Again great shots from Samoa!

Nice set Gerold ^-^

Thanks, mates!

Smashing shots indeed! Especially the approach path shots look great. Maybe you'll find the lost island next time...

;)

Greetin's,

Great set, pity you missed Swains the locals had prepared a feast for you

I´ll try again to find it. With an amphib, in order to join the party. Or do they put pilots on the menu?

Magical set Gerold!

Aircraft,  approach,  landing and scenery ....  all looking good,  Gerold !     ::)

Thank you, Dolf & MZee.

Great shots. If you own the Flight1 GTN750 you can retrofit the H850XP. It's much better that way^^

I have added a usual GPS and the FSFK ACARS device, helps a bit. But I really would like to use the normal procedures - and have them in an easy-to-read manner...

Great exploring Gerold.

Took the Albatross out to Swains Island a few weeks ago, but no need to worry the Natives are friendly :lol:  :lol:

Smashing shots Gerold , please be careful not to become the "Special of the Day" . ???O0:o:lol:

Cheers

Brad

If you do not read from me in the near future, you know I must have met unfriendly natives...  >:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived