PAKT - Sinking plane issues - P3Dv2.5

BradB

I just bought and installed Ketchikan (PAKT) . Flying around the area everything looked normal , but when I landed this is what happened :

2015-8-8_21-16-35-993.bmp.jpg

2015-8-8_21-17-15-628.bmp.jpg

The latest libraries were installed .

Brad

I'm only guessing but do you have the N America region applied, the PFJ region installed as well as PAKT?  The text in your opening title shows SAK/PAKT/P3Dv2.5 so I'm wondering if you have PFJ installed.  Try cycling FTXCentralV2 from N America to Global and back too.

I tried to use the AEC tool but PAKT did not come up on the list of airports ?? .

Brad

Brad

You are not alone.  Sorry you bought it without having a look at that thread I opened :

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101143-pakt-with-triple-two-issues/ .

The sinking plane is new for me but after the problems at the gate and after takeoff I've not yet tried to land....

This release seems not ready for P3DV2 and, this is just my opinion, should not be presented as a triple installer until it works in P3D. At least I've had it for FSX for several years, and didn't buy it specially for P3D...

So far, no feedback from Turbulent Design on that issue (and the midair crash).

I'm only guessing but do you have the N America region applied, the PFJ region installed as well as PAKT?  The text in your opening title shows SAK/PAKT/P3Dv2.5 so I'm wondering if you have PFJ installed.  Try cycling FTXCentralV2 from N America to Global and back too.

Rob

We already are several customers with problems in P3DV2. See the thread I opened that I linked to in the my reply to Brad above. Maybe your friends from TD could barge in ?

Hi Rob - Yes NA is applied along with PFJ installed and PAKT just recently installed . The cycling did not do anything .

Brad

Hi guys,

These issues seem to have slipped through the beta process. I'm looking into it to see what can be done.

Brad, can you confirm that the error is only occurring on the apron areas and not the runway/taxiways?

Cheers,

Greg

Turbulent

Hi guys,

These issues seem to have slipped through the beta process. I'm looking into it to see what can be done.

Brad, can you confirm that the error is only occurring on the apron areas and not the runway/taxiways?

Cheers,

Greg

Turbulent

Please Greg also look into the crash box  which was left

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Greg

Turbulent

Hi Greg - I started on the active runway and taxied the entire way and then down the ramp to the terminal . Every thing normal this morning , I will

continue to test later today .

Brad

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Greg

Turbulent

HI Greg 

thanks for the update

the problem is also when you select directly parking 1 or 2 from the scenario screen ==> the plane is placed "under the floor"

(my config P3D V2.5 with latest hot fix)

• 1 month later...

If we knew we would have fixed it  :)

The issue as well is that the problem is solved on some but not on others. We had this issue back with P3Dv1, and we're stumped. We also would rather spend time (at least Turbulent Designs time) with the rest of the porting over quite frankly. There's an ugly workaround for this by slewing up and down and that might just have to do.

I have an idea how to fix this but it takes time to implement and even more time for beta testers to mess about with testing my theories! At present, that time is better spent porting over and testing the remaining airports (amongst other things!).

That's not to say that it's been forgotten. We've already put a significant amount of time into that one problem. As soon as I have a spare moment I'll see if I can come up with something. 

As Ed said, the problem (and indeed the solution) is intermittent on an individual level and inconsistent across different installations.

Greg - Turbulent

I have an idea how to fix this but it takes time to implement and even more time for beta testers to mess about with testing my theories! At present, that time is better spent porting over and testing the remaining airports (amongst other things!).

That's not to say that it's been forgotten. We've already put a significant amount of time into that one problem. As soon as I have a spare moment I'll see if I can come up with something. 

As Ed said, the problem (and indeed the solution) is intermittent on an individual level and inconsistent across different installations.

Greg - Turbulent

Thanks Greg

Actually there are two issues.  When you takeoff and drift to the airport from RW 29 , you also consistently crash in midair few hundred feet above ground. Are the two issues related or could you fix the crashbox left over ?

Archived