PAKT with triple : two issues

dominique

Thank you for the release but I see, upfront, two problems :

1/ The trick of using 1 and 2 to start from a gate doesn't work anymore.

PAKT2.jpg

2/ There's a crash box left that you hit when leaving 29 and drifting to the airport. 

PAKT1.jpg

Dominique,  For some reason using 1 & 2 work ok for me.  Everything is normal as far as I can see, no planes or buildings floating in the air either.  But don't know about the crash box--I haven't tested that one yet.

Hi Stewart

Thanks for the feedback. You on FSX or P3Dv2.5 ?

Thank you for the release but I see, upfront, two problems :

1/ The trick of using 1 and 2 to start from a gate doesn't work anymore.

2/ There's a crash box left that you hit when leaving 29 and drifting to the airport. 

Dominique, checked 1/ and 2/  w/o any prob in FSX.

to 1/ Do the starting Pos´ at RWY11&29 work? I could duplicate the prob (aircraft on base-under ground level instead of Pos 1 or 2) , if I start or change the starting pos.  in "slew mode", but not under normal mode. Hope this helps.

Wulf 

Dominique, checked 1/ and 2/  w/o any prob in FSX.

to 1/ Do the starting Pos´ at RWY11&29 work? I could duplicate the prob (aircraft on base-under ground level instead of Pos 1 or 2) , if I start or change the starting pos.  in "slew mode", but not under normal mode. Hope this helps.

Wulf

Thank you for checking, Wulf. I run P3D. The "trick" worked all right in FSX and I suppose the triple has not changed anything to the old version so it still works.

I went back to my P3D PAKT to be sure anyway. Created a two P3D scenarios one with a normal start and one with a slew start, both at 1. No joy. Activating the active runway position is OK. I am at the start position at level. Only the gate start won't work.

For the crash, start at 29 and let the aircraft drift to the right, to the airport.

For the crash, start at 29 and let the aircraft drift to the right, to the airport.

crosschecked and circling around/above the airport...all fine here in FSX.

EDIT: Aircraft crash detection is checked.

I propose to make a "quick and easy" check to be sure that no other addon interferes: Move the FTX insertion point inside  FTXCentral 2 tool (artificially) to the top=top prio.

Wulf

Dominique, running P3D 2.4 and the same thing happens to me with the elevation. I open PAKT and choose the active, hit slew, then taxi to were I want to be, unclick slew and save the flight, next time I want to fly out of PAKT I just load the saved flight an everything is fine. Not sure why this is happening but a pretty easy work around until a better solution becomes available.

Cheers

Martin

When I've had this problem rerunning the Scenery Configurator fixed it. 

I'll try it....thanks!

Martin

crosschecked and circling around/above the airport...all fine here in FSX.

EDIT: Aircraft crash detection is checked.

I propose to make a "quick and easy" check to be sure that no other addon interferes: Move the FTX insertion point inside  FTXCentral 2 tool (artificially) to the top=top prio.

Wulf

I've no addon whatsoever in North America (including RTMM stuff if you had that in mind). The only ones I've are in Greece and the OzX stuff in Australia.  Far away.  Moving the insertion point didn't do anything.

Again Wulf, I'm not surprised at all that your FSX version works even if mine doesn't ! My PAKT was OK too (except for the DME) when I was flying FSX. I suspect that TD hasn't changed much in it. The whole idea of the triple is to adapt it to P3D which seems problematic... I hope that they will react and give some feedback.

When I've had this problem rerunning the Scenery Configurator fixed it. 

Hi Billy

Which one : the messed up starting points 1 and 2 or the crash in midair ? And what do you mean by Scenery Configurator ? And, finally, are you on FSX or P3D ?

Dominique, running P3D 2.4 and the same thing happens to me with the elevation. I open PAKT and choose the active, hit slew, then taxi to were I want to be, unclick slew and save the flight, next time I want to fly out of PAKT I just load the saved flight an everything is fine. Not sure why this is happening but a pretty easy work around until a better solution becomes available.

Cheers

Martin

I'll try it....thanks!

Martin

Hi Martin

That seems to confirm that the P3D conversion is flawed !  That workaround may indeed work but , honestly, a fix would be, let's say, more convenient . That is what the conversion is all about, right :)?

Hi Billy

Which one : the messed up starting points 1 and 2 or the crash in midair ? And what do you mean by Scenery Configurator ? And, finally, are you on FSX or P3D ?

Hi Martin

That seems to confirm that the P3D conversion is flawed !  That workaround may indeed work but , honestly, a fix would be, let's say, more convenient . That is what the conversion is all about, right :)?

Here is a fix that just work for me, load PAKT go to location 2, click slew and then hit the f4 - f1 key and the elevation will adjust back to normal.....

Cheers

Martin

Here is a fix that just work for me, load PAKT go to location 2, click slew and then hit the f4 - f1 key and the elevation will adjust back to normal.....

Cheers

Martin

Do I have to do it standing on one leg too :lol: ?

And  the midair crash is still here, btw.

Nope, not ready to do the gymnastics that you found working to start from a gate and unchecking the crash box to recheck it in flight after a while. My PAKT will be shelved I'm afraid until it is ready for P3D prime time or until somebody shows me that the problem is with my (and your) install

OrbX record on conversion is quite good so far so I suppose something will be done.

FSX, Dominique.

Not surprised, the older (before the triple) FSX version has always been working for me too and I suppose this is basically what you got in the triple. I hope not to have to force tweak it into P3D because I can't have the triple version for that sim properly running. That would be akward...

No offense, please.

I wonder if with this issue are others users of P3D.

If that's right, I think that Orbx should provide a hotfix, will be?

Any work around isn't the right solution, imho!

I'm sorry to see you spend the day trying to solve this issue - and will it be resolved?

Good luck mate!

Voyager

Any work around isn't the right solution, imho!

Indeed, OrbX, in my experience, has higher standards than leaving the customer working around flaws. Or there's someting some of us don't understand to make PAKT work (and I'd be happy to stand corrected in that case) or this package was not ready for release. 

Same issue here with me as well with P3D 2.5.  Crashing in mid air and under the runway at startup.  I initially had the FSX version installed into P3D and I didn't have this issue.  Something seems wrong with the P3D triple installer.  Thanks

Rob

Hi Ed,

I just started my PC loaded P3D 2.4, then opened Juneau (default airport)everything looked fine, then loaded PAKT at spot 1 and the same thing, spot 2 same thing.

Elevation issue still there. The only thing that works for me is to click slew, then F4-F1 keys and everything then looks fine. Odd!

Cheers

Martin

For those having the parking issue could you please try these two situations:

-start at another airport and then load PAKT spot 1 or 2.

-start at PAKT spot 2 then change to spot 1

Does the change load you correctly?

No, it didn't., Ed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived