Graphics issue FTX England and Scotland

Dreamsofwings1

Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue which seems to occur after installing FTX England and Scotland. I've attached some screenshots below. Occurs randomly at some point after starting the flight and once it starts the issue stays until a new flight is started. Seems to be more of an issue if the airspeed is high or there is a sudden movement e.g. fast rate of heading change. I have tried all sorts of different things but can't seem to crack it. e.g. changing water settings as I have an ATI card.

I am using FSX Steam edition (also used to get this on the old boxed version) and the DX10 fix.

I am hoping one of you experts our there can identify this as I really want to get it fixed having just spent a fair bit on renewing and adding to my flight sim software.

Many thanks for reading my post!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Hi Stewart and Doogles,

Many thanks for your quick replies, very much appreciated!

My GPU is a AMD Radeon HD 7900, 3GB GDDR5, COre Clock 800MHz, Memory Clock 1250 MHz

I am getting fantastic frame rates and no sign that it is struggling but these anomalies just suddenly pop up.

Your card is plenty adequate, but the thing with ATI cards and DX10 is the latest AMD drivers will not work....you will need to use the 12.8 version driver...you will find them in the below "How to Guide":

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80996-the-dx10-fixer-how-to-guide-a-new-home-and-editor/

I am also using Radeon Pro....

Oh dear, not having much luck here. Installed the previous version of the driver and now despite the desktop resolution setting being correct I have a smaller desktop with a black border and neither FSX or Steam will start. Plus also getting an error trying to open Catalyst Control Centre. I wonder if there is an issue with the older driver and Windows 10.

Also.... apparently Win10 likes to override drivers with what it decides is best...not sure how to tell it to quit doing that, but I thought I read somewhere that there is a way....

I would also do a driver sweep to ensure I was getting a clean version....

Right click the START button and click SYSTEM.

Click ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS on the left pane.

Go to the HARDWARE TAB and click DEVICE INSTALLATION SETTINGS.

Tick the NO LET ME CHOOSE WHAT TO DO setting and then click the

NEVER INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE FROM WINDOWS UPDATE and untick

the AUTOMATICALLY GET DEVICE APP & INFO PROVIDED BY YOUR DEVICE MANUFACTURER box.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that responded. Thanks to you guys I have just managed to throw the F18 around and was unable to trigger the graphics issue. Used driver sweeper to clean out and then tried the 12.8 again. This time I still had the display size not matching actual screen but was able to use the overscan adjustment to scale up. steam amd FSX started fine and now I can fully enjoy some cross country flights over the gorgeous ORbx scenery. Thanks again guys! Very much appreciated

Archived