Missed opportunity

Taph

I was leading a group of walkers Friday, over Bluebell hill in Kent,  as we came out of the woods onto the common we were treated to an air display be a lone spitfire, he did barrel rolls, loops, dives and any other thing that took his fancy, the sounds were electrifying, then after lunch we moved onto the view point and were treated to a fly past by the Red Arrows and glimpses of the display they were giving over the Kent show. As I was leading the group had left my camera at home #!##!. Some you win some you lose, no pictures but memories to last a life time

Reminds me of the time that flying saucer landed in my garden, a hatch opened, and out came Elvis, Bigfoot and Lord Lucan... of course, I was out of film! O0

Sounds like a brilliant show, and seems like you had the best views!

I never bring my camera along when I travel.  I know I miss some great shots but when I am sightseeing I want to take in the whole picture as opposed to looking for things to take pictures of.  Same when I used to go hiking in the wilderness.

There's no mistaking the sound of that Merlin is there Taph?

Noel

You have it right there, Howard, usually I carry my camera, se la vie :D the Red Arrows are back in August to do a show at Headcorn, Kent will offer my other half a Sunday lunch close by ^-^

I was leading a group of walkers Friday, over Bluebell hill in Kent,  as we came out of the woods onto the common we were treated to an air display be a lone spitfire, he did barrel rolls, loops, dives and any other thing that took his fancy, the sounds were electrifying, then after lunch we moved onto the view point and were treated to a fly past by the Red Arrows and glimpses of the display they were giving over the Kent show. As I was leading the group had left my camera at home #!##!. Some you win some you lose, no pictures but memories to last a life time

Yes, yes, yes ... but did you see the ghost?

And the lesson you have learn't? Always have your camera with you.

When I was working as a taxi driver I always had my camera in a bag between my feet. Got lots of pictures and much of it published in the local paper.

Archived