Sale results

ojiito

Well this month I picked up four regions -- Northern Cal, both NZs, Norway, and three airports -- Milford Sound, Queenstown, and Bozeman. 

Sorry Orbx, I would love to do more for the cause but that's all I can do for now, I'm done.  Thanks for the sale.

Having already collected the NA airports (and some other products) during the December 2014 sale, I figured I'd pick up just the AU airports during the current sale and be content with Oceania and NA for the time being. But after completing my Oceania collection, I decided to take a closer look at the England region, decided to give it a try, and found I actually liked the beautiful green scenery that is unique to England...hence my current signature.

At least I won't have to agonize over which Orbx products to pick up during the December 2015 sale. :)

I picked up Norway, Squamish, Bozeman, Yakatut, Jacksons and Palm Springs so far. I am not too far off of owning them all but I won't be buying European airports because I don't fly there enough, I will get all of Canada/USA and Australia/New Zealand airports, I do have all the European regions which is good enough for a few exploration flights for something different. 

"Is OrbX tax deductible >:D , Alex?"...

wel if you buy it to use with P3D , of course it is!!!!  just show your Academic licence to the tax man... ::)

Jorge

Gosh Jorge, I should have known !  Too late, I've just validated my tax return (today was the last day to send Internet returns).

BTW, speaking of sales, my first purchase in 4/2012 was FSS161380 and the last one yesterday was 385245. Does that mean that OrbX sold 223 865 products in 3 years  ^_^ ?

BTW, speaking of sales, my first purchase in 4/2012 was FSS161380 and the last one yesterday was 385245. Does that mean that OrbX sold 223 865 products in 3 years  ^_^ ?

Note that a FSS order can contain (1) multiple products and (2) non-Orbx products available in the FSS store.  But, of course, we know Orbx products are among FSS' best-selling products. :)

Since moving to P3D I've been ignoring BC & Alaska quite a bit, waiting for my airports to go triple, but this sale I went for Homer and I'm loving it!  Nice to be back.  I also picked up most of the Aussie airports - another area I've flown little, despite having FTX AU since early days, but plan to do a lot more (probably with OZx).  Also a few English airports, as I feel I should explore that area too despite the lack of mountains ;).  Which brings me up to not quite everything, but the next sale may change that...

Since moving to P3D I've been ignoring BC & Alaska quite a bit, waiting for my airports to go triple, but this sale I went for Homer and I'm loving it!  Nice to be back.  I also picked up most of the Aussie airports - another area I've flown little, despite having FTX AU since early days, but plan to do a lot more (probably with OZx).  Also a few English airports, as I feel I should explore that area too despite the lack of mountains ;).  Which brings me up to not quite everything, but the next sale may change that...

As for BC/Alaska, check out recent comments by JV, the triple installers apparently are coming pretty soon:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97068-may-sale-37-off-almost-all-orbx-products/?p=889730

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96816-any-idea-on-when-the-alaska-airports-will-be-p3dv2-compatible/?p=880667

As for the English airports, I too was not sure about getting the UK regions as they don't have soaring mountains like in Alaska and Rocky Mountains. But I decided to give the England region a try, and I found I really liked its beautiful pastoral scenery, with green all over. And, there are certainly mountains in UK, especially in Scotland, the highest point being Ben Nevis at 4409 ft / 1344 m.  So I went ahead and picked up all the UK regions. 

List of mountains/hills in the UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountains_and_hills_of_the_United_Kingdom

As for BC/Alaska, check out recent comments by JV, the triple installers apparently are coming pretty soon:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97068-may-sale-37-off-almost-all-orbx-products/?p=889730

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96816-any-idea-on-when-the-alaska-airports-will-be-p3dv2-compatible/?p=880667

As for the English airports, I too was not sure about getting the UK regions as they don't have soaring mountains like in Alaska and Rocky Mountains. But I decided to give the England region a try, and I found I really liked its beautiful pastoral scenery, with green all over. And, there are certainly mountains in UK, especially in Scotland, the highest point being Ben Nevis at 4409 ft / 1344 m.  So I went ahead and picked up all the UK regions. 

Thanks Desertpilot, indeed I'm looking forward to the rest going triple soon!  I've been flying a bit around Yakutat which I also think is superb, but every time I felt like a longer flight to, say, Juneau or Stewart, I kept thinking - ah, I'll wait a bit longer...

Yep, England indeed has mountains, but they're predominantly at the other end of the country from the payware airports.  Most of my English flying has been between Cumbria & Northumberland, so these airports will tempt me down south. If there were a payware Carlisle, I'd have bought it long ago.  And Scotland is one of my favourites - I feel the colours and landscape really capture the spirit of the place.  Here's a view of the Five Sisters of Kintail...

2015-4-17_5-44-19-606.th.jpg

I had a wee dram of Jura after making that landing ;)

For me, this last year I've bought a great many of the Orbx airports across Australia, England, and the US (25-35 or so).  Most of what's left, except Alaska which I think is too sparse, are tiny airports which I won't get because of what airplanes I mostly fly.  The little boutique airports are really nice, but I am so glad to see them doing more US airports with somewhat longer runways...e.g. longer than 3000'.  It opens up the airport to a larger variety of aircraft.

Gregg

Aha - of course!  I sort of knew that too - I recently had a lovely flight from Neuchatel westwards, though I've never visited in real life.

I worked in this region five years in another life and I am not a great connoisseur in scotches so I was a bit confused ;).

Picked up 7 airports from the sale. Now I'm only missing  Popham, and Damyns Hall ( and the Victa air tourer). Of course, that can change any minute. LOL

Addicted to OrbX

Sue

I'm done and tapped out:  11 NA airports; Australia + 4 airports + Canberra City Scape; and NZ, both islands and its 2 airports.  Gots lots of flying to do, people! ;D

Also addicted to Orbx and sim flying, but forging ahead anyway,

Stew  (I take some solace in that I get a senior discount)

Gots lots of flying to do, people! ;D

Yeah for like the next 28 years!  I'm headed to the real sim tomorrow, not looking forward to that as much as checking out Orbx NZ lol...

Yeah for like the next 28 years!  I'm headed to the real sim tomorrow, not looking forward to that as much as checking out Orbx NZ lol...

I hope I live that long!  LOL.

I'm still on my West Coast tour of Oz, which is why I picked up some of the airports there (Canberra is fantastic, btw).  Flying the A2A C182, you get to see a lot of countryside at 5000 ft., not to mention a fair amount of AI traffic to make things interesting.

What "real sim" is that, if I may ask?

Thanks for the list of mountains/hill in the UK. I from Asia, you know what I mean, that is going to be helpful as I

especially like to fly in mountains /  hill  coastal etc..

For this sales, bought Norway and Trees and 2 more in mind  b4 end of month, Monument and KPSP

I owe close to 97% of ORBX sceneries, most of which are bought during the sales month.

Thanks to the DEVELOPER  for your generosity.

I hope I live that long!  LOL.

What "real sim" is that, if I may ask?

I hope you do too!   Real sim is the Twin Otter sim at FlightSafety in Toronto, just got on back at my old job.  Haven't touched an airplane in almost three years, so it should be nice and brutal, yay...

I hope you do too!   Real sim is the Twin Otter sim at FlightSafety in Toronto, just got on back at my old job.  Haven't touched an airplane in almost three years, so it should be nice and brutal, yay...

Lucky you, tell us how it went after the "flight"...

"Awesome!"  Let us know how it went.

...Yeah, what he ^^^ said.

Hopefully you'll dazzle them, landing on a sixpence in a gale! And not spending 20 minutes hunting for that blasted avionics master switch, like I do with a sim plane I haven't used for ages... ;)

Yep, England indeed has mountains, but they're predominantly at the other end of the country from the payware airports.  Most of my English flying has been between Cumbria & Northumberland, so these airports will tempt me down south. If there were a payware Carlisle, I'd have bought it long ago.  And Scotland is one of my favourites - I feel the colours and landscape really capture the spirit of the place.  

I'm aware that the current payware UK airports available from Orbx, are focused on the southern portion of England. However, an outside vendor has other airports providing coverage for the northern regions of UK. This is actually what convinced me to purchase two other UK regions--Wales and Scotland--and I wrapped this up with the Ireland regions.  Won't go into further details here, per forum rules relating to outside vendors.

I'm aware that the current payware UK airports available from Orbx, are focused on the southern portion of England. However, an outside vendor has other airports providing coverage for the northern regions of UK. This is actually what convinced me to purchase two other UK regions--Wales and Scotland--and I wrapped this up with the Ireland regions.  Won't go into further details here, per forum rules relating to outside vendors.

With ya - I have a few myself! ;)

Re "the mountains of England"...I have the ORBX England/Wales/Scotland/Ireland set and recently flew the "Discover England" commercial flight-plan. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in ORBX. As you go north from southern England, the land becomes more and more featured until you get into mountainous regions that are as lovely as you can ask. Don't sell Britain short; it's full of variety.

Archived