KTVL Lake Tahoe Airport Not Found By FSX Flight Planner

TigerTigerM

I have FSX Acceleration loaded.

Purchased & installed KTVL Lake Tahoe Airport & S93 Cle Elum this morning. Also installed the Lake Tahoe 1.1 update.

Installations went okay & Cle Elum opens up & runs fine.

KTVL is a different kettle of fish.

When I run the menu sequence: Free Flight/Flight Planner/Select/United States/California/Lake Tahoe, Flight Planner only shows T38, Homewood, which is a water location on the Lake.

For some reason Flight Planner is not picking up KTVL.

I installed the 3/31/15 OrbxLib files again, ran the FTX Control2 NA switch to Global/Apply, switch back to NA/Apply sequence, but to no avail.

I checked the Scenery Library & FTX_AA_KTVL is sitting in there with other FTX airports, @ # 35 in the scenery  list.

I went back to Flight Planner/Selection & typed in KTVL but it brings up T38 when I hit enter.

The 'default scenery' button was ticked when I did that, the "Add on scenery" button would not 'liven up'.

Not sure if FTX  KTVL is considered 'add on' scenery in FSX & this is where the problem is??

So I am scratching my head as I would like to get KTVL going.

And a slight side matter, when I looked in the Scenery Library I noticed that the majority of the entries were 'ticked' for 'Empty Cache on exit' - is that how this should be??

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

TTM

I see that you don't have FTX NCA installed.  Just a guess that this might be part of the problem.  If so, there are instructions in the KTVL manual on how to manually install the scenery, instead of allowing the installer to do so.

Good luck!

Stew

I have FTX NCA, just way behind setting up signature file. 

Will look at uninstall, manual re-install in case that does the trick.

Thanks

TTM

I see that you don't have FTX NCA installed.  Just a guess that this might be part of the problem.  If so, there are instructions in the KTVL manual on how to manually install the scenery, instead of allowing the installer to do so.

Good luck!

Stew

And a slight side matter, when I looked in the Scenery Library I noticed that the majority of the entries were 'ticked' for 'Empty Cache on exit' - is that how this should be??

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

TTM

All those entries are ticked only for the purpose of being active in the scenery library...only untick them if you wish to deactivate them and they will not show up when you run your sim....but do indeed put a check tick in the 'Empty Cache on exit' box and allow it to clear the scenery library cache on exit...this may fix your issue....:)

I deleted KTVL from the Scenery Library then manually added it back via the User Instructions.

It came in at the top of the Scenery Library & is ticked re 'Empty Cache on exit'.

However, Flight Planner is still not picking up KTVL.

Need to sort out how to make FP find it.

Thanks

TTM

All those entries are ticked only for the purpose of being active in the scenery library...only untick them if you wish to deactivate them and they will not show up when you run your sim....but do indeed put a check tick in the 'Empty Cache on exit' box and allow it to clear the scenery library cache on exit...this may fix your issue.... :)

Hi there,

any particular reason why you don't just type in the airport ID/ICAO in the flight planner search window? If you did you'd notice that KTVL is listed under the city of "South Lake Tahoe". That's the same for the default KTVL and the Orbx add-on and also listed as such in AirNav: http://www.airnav.com/airport/ktvl

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: the "Empty scenery cache on exit" option is a leftover from the time when FS was still loaded directly from (floppy) disks onto a HD of limited size. It has no longer any meaningful application; see http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423015-empty-scenery-cache-on-exit-tick-or-not/?p=2820609

Thanks Holger

In my ignorance I assumed an airport called Lake Tahoe Airport would be in Lake Tahoe.

I missed the 'South' subtlety.  ::)

It works now that I have found it.

Again, thank you.

Not sure how to mark this one as 'solved'

TTM

Hi there,

any particular reason why you don't just type in the airport ID/ICAO in the flight planner search window? If you did you'd notice that KTVL is listed under the city of "South Lake Tahoe". That's the same for the default KTVL and the Orbx add-on and also listed as such in AirNav: http://www.airnav.com/airport/ktvl

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: the "Empty scenery cache on exit" option is a leftover from the time when FS was still loaded directly from (floppy) disks onto a HD of limited size. It has no longer any meaningful application; see http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423015-empty-scenery-cache-on-exit-tick-or-not/?p=2820609

Archived