I'm about to buy England today. Need advice.

Jack Sawyer

This will be my first or second if you count the new trees ORBX product.

I have a question about where it should go in the FSX's scenery library.

I have these:

All GEX's Including new Australia

All UTX's upgraded including Europe

UK 2000:

EGKK - Gatwick v 3.3

Aerosoft:

London VFR

Will it conflict with UTX Europe?

Will it conflict with GEX?

Will it conflict with EGKK?

What layer should ORBX England be between?

I did look at the pages mentioned and also the compatibility pages but that is a little over my head so looking for a quick answer so I can get started with ORBX.

Sorry about asking but I want to know before I install, buying as I type this…

Jack Sawyer

As simple as I can put it for you:-

UTX/GEX - Will be completely replaced by FTX England, therefore they will sit beneath ENG in the scenery library.

EGKK/London VFR - They will sit nicely (EGKK definitely does, I use it ;) ), so put these at the top of your scenery library, above ENG.

Hope that helps? Enjoy, you won't regret it.

No FTX England will not overwrite your GEX or UTX, they just won't show up in that area when FTX England is enabled. If you turn off FTX England then GEX and UTX will show up. Of course GEX will also show up if you fly outside of FTX England even if it's turned on at the time.

Thank you Gordon!  That answers that.  I really appreciate all the help and patience from you people.

I have just now finished the Trees and UK download and am about to install them.

I can't wait to see the difference.  If they're anything like the screenshots I will be a VERY happy FSX pilot!  ^-^

Jack

Okay, update.

I installed the Trees first, checked it out and liked it.

I discovered the texture changes that you can make to the runways, etc. so I made some, I like that feature!

Then I installed England.

I REALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!  What a huge difference!!  You guys at Orbx are AMAZING!!!!

Now I want to buy MORE!!!!   ^-^

So one question so far…since I installed England after the trees it asked me during the England installation if I wanted to use the Orbx trees.  I said yes.  Does that mean it's using the older trees or the new trees I just bought?

I am very pleased Orbx, I don't know why I waited so long!  Gonna buy some more stuff very soon.

Jack

It's using the new trees. Addicting ain't it?  ::)  Keep your credit card handy. As the old potato-chip commercial used to say "nobody can have just one".

Doug

PS: Don't forget to download and install the latest ORBX libraries.

I just had my first problem.

I was trying to set the halo lights when twice it crashed on me and told me to close the program.

I ran FSX once to let it re-do the scenery library then tried it again and it took the sizes.

Is this common?  To crash like that?

Also, I didn't know this but I needed an update so I went to the site and downloaded patch 004 and ran it.  Then ran FSX to have the scenery library do it's thing.

Haven't checked it out yet.  Still testing.

Have you heard about this before?  This Halo lights program crashing?

I just had my first problem.

I was trying to set the halo lights when twice it crashed on me and told me to close the program.

I ran FSX once to let it re-do the scenery library then tried it again and it took the sizes.

Is this common?  To crash like that?

Also, I didn't know this but I needed an update so I went to the site and downloaded patch 004 and ran it.  Then ran FSX to have the scenery library do it's thing.

Haven't checked it out yet.  Still testing.

Have you heard about this before?  This Halo lights program crashing?

Hi Jack,

If you're not already, make sure you're using the new FTX Global Lights Configurator, you can find it at the bottom of our Freeware page.

Although it says "FTX Global", it works for our regions too as they make use of the FTX Global lighting

Hi Jack,

If you're not already, make sure you're using the new FTX Global Lights Configurator, you can find it at the bottom of our Freeware page.

Although it says "FTX Global", it works for our regions too as they make use of the FTX Global lighting

Oh, okay, I didn't know that.  Will do it now.  Thanks a lot!

I am so impressed with England, I lived there for three years and it looks exactly like I remember, with the green fields and hedgerows.  Especially the different color fields.  Just wow!

No kidding!  I was just flying all around EGKK and it meshes beautifully.  I took a bunch of screenshots for my library of the fields, it's stunning.  What a huge difference.  It's like I now have a new sim.  No WONDER so many people always mention Orbx.

Now I greedily want more, I want it all!

LOL.

Great work Orbx.

Jack

Archived