Where are the HD Trees installed..to what folder?

Orbx Flyer

Could someone please point out the directory?

I don't see any major difference to the visuals of the trees, whether the HD Tree box is checked, or unchecked. Certainly NOT anything like the A/B promotions pics before release.  My installation didn't have any hitches, but beats me, if I can see even a moderate improvement to tree texture graphics over stock ORBX Global.  Do I have the HD Trees in play, in this first screen grab?

FSX:MS in DX10 mode with Steve's Fixer.

Now...here's a screen grab inside Virginia, are these the HD tree textures?!?!?

trees.png

Here are pre-install standard Global tree graphics....

trees2.png

Thanks.

Could someone please point out the directory?

I don't see any difference to the visuals of the trees, whether the HD Tree box is check, or unchecked. Certainly NOT anything like the A/B promotions pics before release.  My installation didn't have any hitches, but beats me, if I can see even a slight improvement to tree texture graphics over stock ORBX Global. 

FSX:MS in DX10 mode with Steve's Fixer.

Thanks.

After you check or uncheck the "Use FTX Trees HD" box you must also re-apply the region, only then will the tree textures be copied across

After you check or uncheck the "Use FTX Trees HD" box you must also re-apply the region, only then will the tree textures be copied across

Thank you for that. I did that...I cycled between Global and then N.A....and then back to Global.

I just don't see the promotional A/B difference out in the fields.....

I'll work with it some more.  Thanks.

According to the Trees HD user guide, some of the Trees HD texture sheets have a resolution of 2048. In some regions (Global, EU or NZ), it is recommended that TML (texture max load) be set to 2048.

Also, to see cherry blossom trees in bloom, I had to select a spring month (such as April or May).

emfbi, but is the requirement to reapply regions explained anywhere in docs included with HD trees. I installed everything, apparently with success, but dsid not see docs with the package. i will check FTX Central v2 when I get home to see if I missed something....btw, I did reinstall the latest libs.

Sherm

Were all trees changed or just "some" trees?

I'm wondering if mine didn't install correctly or perhaps my installer was missing full set of trees ... for example:

veg_savanna1.dds is the new tree set (683 KB 3/2/2015 created)

however

veg_sycamore1.dds is still an old data 2012

Cheers, Rob.

Were all trees changed or just "some" trees?

I'm wondering if mine didn't install correctly or perhaps my installer was missing full set of trees ... for example:

veg_savanna1.dds is the new tree set (683 KB 3/2/2015 created)

however

veg_sycamore1.dds is still an old data 2012

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Many textures (trees and otherwise) in the Scenery/Global/texture folder are old legacy files that haven't been used since before FSX SP2. That sycamore texture is one of them. Since they are outdated legacy files that aren't used by current versions of FSX and P3D, they were not updated to reduce the size of the Trees HD package. Bottom line is, it sounds like your install is just fine :)

Hi Rob,

[edit: Scott beat me to it  8) ]

that's a fair question and Scott will correct me if I'm wrong but the answer is that those textures aren't actually used by FSX/P3D. If you look through the "veg_..." files in \Scenery\Global\Texture you'll see that there's a veg_Broadleaf_OakSycamore set, which is the active sheet used for sycamores (along with separate texture panels for oaks). I seem to remember that ACES switched from the single-panel textures to the quadruple panels somewhere along the line -- probably to reduce texture drawcalls -- but I can't remember whether that was before FSX RTM or with one of the FSX service packs. Either way the single-panel textures (all dating from 2006) are no longer used and thus Trees HD doesn't alter them.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived