HD trees in Central V 2.

Exactly, that's the way it should work.  And Martin is correct that you need to apply a region afterwards in order for the texture swap to take place.

We did spot an error in the user guide, however.  Contrary to what the user guide says, if you untick both "Use ORBX Trees" and "Use Trees HD", it will revert to your backed-up trees (whatever was in your FS texture folder before Trees HD was installed).  I'll be fixing that and uploading a new user guide shortly.

Cheers,

Scott

So, do you *need* Central2? I"ve held off that one so far (for no particular reason other than laziness and no specific need)

Yes... FTXC version 1 does not have the settings option for HD trees without being recoded.

Version 2 however has a lot more on offer than just the HD Trees selector... Try it... You might like it ;)

So, do you *need* Central2? I"ve held off that one so far (for no particular reason other than laziness and no specific need)

Yes, it does require FTXC v2 if you have FTX regions installed.  But the Trees HD installer will install FTXC v2 if you don't have it already, so there's no need to download it separately!  We tried to design the product for maximum laziness ;)  And Rob is right, once you try FTXC v2 you won't want to go back to v1, it's a very nice improvement.

I have been having trouble downloading the new library ... But after the trees downloaded ... Did I see the new library also download ... After two hectic weeks did I finally get my new library?

If it has installed correctly, you will see a few files in %localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral - do you see anything there?

Archived